1.    #1  
    Hello everyone:

About 4 months ago, I purchased an AT&T Palm Pixi Plus 3G GSM unlocked for T-Mobile. Everything always worked perfectly. Last night I decided to clean up my phone a bit and restore my phone by clearing all apps. Now, when I turn on my phone, it prompts me asking for my Palm Profile. However, when I fill out my Palm Profile username and password, I then get another prompt stating “Sign-in Failed- This may be do to low network coverage or the phone settings on your SIM card need to be entered manually”. The only reason I could think of as to why this is happening is because this Palm Pixi is originally for AT&T SIM cards, and when I cleared my apps, I may have cleared the “program” that unlocks it for T-mobile users. What can I do? Is there a certain Internet APN (for T-mobile users) I should be using? I’m really upset about this whole situation. Thanks so much for your help!

- Heather
    The default APN for T-Mobile is already on the sim card. Have you tried wifi to contact log in to HP?
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by shneor View Post
    The default APN for T-Mobile is already on the sim card. Have you tried wifi to contact log in to HP?
    Thanks for replying. However, I’m confused by your response. I’m not sure how I could use wifi to login to my Palm Profile. How would I go about this? My screen shows T-mobile in the top left corner and I get clear service. I am able to call any number through my Emergency contact dial.
    When my phone starts up, and asks me to login into my Palm Profile it won't work. When I try to create a new profile, it won't work as well. I get this message every time:
    "Sign-in Failed - This may be due to low network coverage or the phone settings on your SIM card need to be entered manually."
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    I purchased an unlocked AT&T Pixi Plus phone few days ago.

I ran into the problem or activating the phone without an active service. I thought about using the Meta Doctor to bypass the activation but I didn't know if that would lock down the phone again.

So, I signed up for AT&T Pay As You GO plan for $2/day and then added $5 data plan. With that SIM card, I was able to activate the phone and sign into my existing Palm Profile.

Once the phone is active, then I switched over to wifi for downloading my apps.

After that, I switched over to tmobile SIM and everything worked.
    you can try to sign-in to your palm profile with another sim from another carrier, hoping it's unlocked.

If you need to unlock it you can do it for free at your carrier or with a quite simple procedure by yourself, pm to know about it.
  6.    #6  
    Thanks for your help!
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    I am having the same exact problem...how did you solve it?