Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Cantaffordit
  • 1 Post By anatase
  1.    #1  
    Hello......

Im new to this type of cellphones.I purchased a Palm Pixi Plus (at&t)and its telling me that I need a SIM-SOS.
    Im confused,can I go to t-mobile,virgin,at&t to purchase anyone of their Sim cards and then purchase a pre-paid card to use the phone?

Thanks for the help.....
    are you planing to use it on at&t? you will need a sim card to make the phone work as a phone.
    ArchonAdvisors likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by rdowe View Post
    Hello......

Im new to this type of cellphones.I purchased a Palm Pixi Plus (at&t)and its telling me that I need a SIM-SOS.
    Im confused,can I go to t-mobile,virgin,at&t to purchase anyone of their Sim cards and then purchase a pre-paid card to use the phone?

Thanks for the help.....
    The short answer is you need a "SIM card" from AT&T. If you get a SIM card with a "GoPhone" prepaid plan then you can purchase prepaid refill cards and add credit to the SIM.

You cannot use T-Mobile without doing a special "unlock" procedure on the phone first.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the help,guys or gals, Ive realized what I have to do now....GSM=sim-card=two carriers.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by sq5 View Post
    The short answer is you need a "SIM card" from AT&T. If you get a SIM card with a "GoPhone" prepaid plan then you can purchase prepaid refill cards and add credit to the SIM.

You cannot use T-Mobile without doing a special "unlock" procedure on the phone first.
    Can you point me into the direction of the "Special unlock" precedure?
    Can you point me into the direction of the "Special unlock" precedure?
    First you will need an unlock code for your phone. You can try calling AT&T customer service and see if they will just tell it to you for free. People say that often times if you get someone nice they will tell you the code as long as your phone is not still on any contract with AT&T.

Otherwise you can pay to have the unlock code generated by various services. Here are some that came up on google:

UNLOCK CODE FOR AT&T PALM PIXI PLUS ETC AND ALL PALM BRANDS | eBay

Palm Pixi & Palm Pixi Plus Unlock, Unlock Palm Pixi & Pixi Plus Network & SIM locks Only £12 GBP - Palm Pixi Deblocage

Unlock Palm Pixi Plus | PalmUnlocker

The actual procedure for entering the code looks pretty easy. You can take a look at this quick youtube video (looks like you'll also need the new SIM for the carrier you're switching to before you start):

You can also search the forums here, or google it for more info.

Note: In case I wasn't clear before, this unlocking process is only necessary if you're getting a non-AT&T SIM.
    Last edited by sq5; 04/03/2012 at 09:06 PM.
  7.    #7  
    Thank you for your responce.

I thank I can bypass the unlock process because I purchased "Palm Black 3G Unlocked GSM Smart Phone with Wi-Fi / GPS / Full QWERTY Keyboard".Im hoping I can just(crosses fingers) that I can purchase a sim card t-mobile and be on my way......or will I still have to do as you instructed?

Im sorry for asking simple questions but I just don't want to waste money,purchasing a bunch of this and that just to end up with another expensive cellphone....
    If it is unlocked, then you just need the SIM. Being a GSM rookie myself I took my unlocked Pre 2 into the T-mobile store and they took care of everything for me.. I went that route because I didn't want AT&T trying to force me onto a data plan. Of course, since T-mobile cancelled the web day pass, it mainly gets used on WiFi now..
    Thank you for your responce.

I thank I can bypass the unlock process because I purchased "Palm Black 3G Unlocked GSM Smart Phone with Wi-Fi / GPS / Full QWERTY Keyboard".Im hoping I can just(crosses fingers) that I can purchase a sim card t-mobile and be on my way......or will I still have to do as you instructed?

Im sorry for asking simple questions but I just don't want to waste money,purchasing a bunch of this and that just to end up with another expensive cellphone....
    From the looks of that, your phone should be unlocked already. Go ahead and get yourself a SIM from t-mobile then and you'll know for sure once you put it in and it doesn't ask for an unlock code.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    since T-mobile cancelled the web day pass, it mainly gets used on WiFi now..
    It looks like they replaced it with a new day-pass that has unlimited voice/text/data for only $2.
    Quote Originally Posted by sq5 View Post
    It looks like they replaced it with a new day-pass that has unlimited voice/text/data for only $2.
    Is that the daily unlimited plan or something else? I guess the way I use that phone, that would probably be a reasonable way to go.. I need something where my purchased minutes don't expire, because now most of the time they go unused and expire.
    If you don't want to pay for unlocking you can go there
    Dogbert's Blog: Free Unlocker for Palm/HP Phones

it might look a bit technical - it is slightly technical - but it's fast to do and it works, i did on my pixi pre. Also look at the commentary if you have any question. The blog author also answers really fast
    ArchonAdvisors likes this.
  13.    #13  
    The phone is unlocked,Im just having problems getting passed the Palm Profile setup.Any suggestions on how to get the profile setup to work and not say "Sign in Failed"?????.Im using a T-mobile sim-card and I can actually make calls in the emergency feature but other than that it continues to tell me to sign in or create a Palm profile.

Ive seen somethings about patches,webOS doctor or whatever but nothing solid as far as a solution on what to do to solve this problem.
    I had used the activation bypass tool (available on the Palm developer site, though rather hard to find now. If you want to try it, I will find the link.) on mine and then signed in to a palm profile via Impostah after turning on WiFi all before I ever inserted a SIM. It was my developer phone, and I used a separate profile on it. Since my prepaid SIM isn't on a data plan, when I switched profiles I had to sign in to the new one with Impostah again.. If your SIM is already active and has data, you should be able to sign in, but from the sound of it, it does not have active data yet.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    I had used the activation bypass tool (available on the Palm developer site, though rather hard to find now. If you want to try it, I will find the link.) on mine and then signed in to a palm profile via Impostah after turning on WiFi all before I ever inserted a SIM. It was my developer phone, and I used a separate profile on it. Since my prepaid SIM isn't on a data plan, when I switched profiles I had to sign in to the new one with Impostah again.. If your SIM is already active and has data, you should be able to sign in, but from the sound of it, it does not have active data yet.
    I see the bars,the letter "E" but it continues to tell me to sign in or create a profile,which ive tried and it says "failed" try again or manually setup phone info.

I don't know but any suggestions or help is appreciated