1.    #1  
    Symptom:
    Pixi+ (or possibly other webOS device) will not load any 3D application. Most notably, games.

How to tell:
    After a fresh restart, after running Garbage Collect from Launcher or JSTOP, after closing all apps and non-essential processes in JSTOP, you can not load 3D games or apps.

Steps:
    Try to load a 3D app. It may either throw a TMC (Too Many Cards), or it may just keep the selection highlight in the launcher and then silently fail.

Solution:
    For me, a device Erase/Reset was sufficient. I did not have to doctor, and I did not have to do a full erase.
    All my 3D applications all work fine now.
    I have never seem this so far.
    If one game(specially an PDK game) cannot be launched, it must be the executable file[s] of *game* ha(s|ve) no correct permition. Just 'chmod' it to '+x' in internalz OR terminal.

Also there is another situation that the *game* is NOT for pixi, which has a ARMv6 CPU.
  3.    #3  
    Div, my whole filesystem is mounted as read/write. I don't download games outside of the App Catalog, so no, none of the games I have are for the wrong architecture.

This literally happened one day out of the blue. Everything worked the day before, but on that day, nothing would work. Restarting did nothing, powering off did nothing.
    Thanks Saijin_Naib for the post ... I am facing the same problem since long time and was desparately looking for a solution. Can you please tell the exact steps of what you did. I have Palm Pixi Plus originally registered to Verizon, but doctored for use the phone in India with Reliance CDMA network.

Thanks in advance ...
  5.    #5  
    Type Device Info -> Click -> Scroll down, click on Reset Options -> Click Device Reset
    Quote Originally Posted by Saijin_Naib View Post
    Type Device Info -> Click -> Scroll down, click on Reset Options -> Click Device Reset
    Thanks saijin_Naib for the reply ..... I tried that ...
    I get 5 options in "Reset Options" - Restart, Shut Down, Erase Apps & Data, Erase USB Drive and Full Erase.

I tried Erase Apps & Data option. It deleted all installed apps and patches.
    Then I tried Full Erase too ...
    It deleted all installed apps and patches and all data in USB drive. However, I still cannot play 3d games after restart and reinstalling games....

Did you get the same options?

FYI I am using webos version 1.4.5.1

Thanks in advance ..
    Last edited by nishitjain; 04/06/2012 at 05:14 AM. Reason: updated with new trial
  7.    #7  
    Yes, I had the same options. For me, a simple Erase Apps & Data worked just fine.

I guess you'll have to doctor if you still can't.
    Yes, I had the same options. For me, a simple Erase Apps & Data worked just fine.

I guess you'll have to doctor if you still can't.
    tried doctoring it too .... doesn't help either.... .... dont know whats the problem ....
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Having the same problem. PLEASE HELP!
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HondaPixi View Post
    Having the same problem. PLEASE HELP!
    The Pixi is notably incapable of running some 3d games due to its lack of power and capabilities. It has never been able to run some 3d games.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Symptom:
    Pixi+ (or possibly other webOS device) will not load any 3D application. Most notably, games.

How to tell:
    After a fresh restart, after running Garbage Collect from Launcher or JSTOP, after closing all apps and non-essential processes in JSTOP, you can not load 3D games or apps.

Steps:
    Try to load a 3D app. It may either throw a TMC (Too Many Cards), or it may just keep the selection highlight in the launcher and then silently fail.

Solution:
    For me, a device Erase/Reset was sufficient. I did not have to doctor, and I did not have to do a full erase.
    All my 3D applications all work fine now.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums