Attached Images Attached Images
    so whats my problem?
  3.    #163  
    Quote Originally Posted by zacky59 View Post
    here it is.
    so whats my problem?
    Now I see what you did...

You unzipped the zip file into the scripts directory...

type:
    cd ./scripts/build-sprint-pixi-2.1.0
    ls -l

Assuming you will see the script under that directory...

mv build-sprint-pixi-2.1.0 ../
    ls -l

Now the script should no longer be in that directory but moved to the parent directory...

cd ..
    ls -l

You should now see the script in the scripts directory.

You need to do this with the super script as well..

FYI again copy the command line so we can see what you did.
    okay, I got it and I ran script 1. After everythings done it it says unpacking if neeeded webos doctors . How long does that step take
  5.    #165  
    okay, I got it and I ran script 1. After everythings done it it says unpacking if neeeded webos doctors . How long does that step take
    That is dependent on your system CPU/Disk/etc...
    its still going. 15 mjnutes later. Hhaha what does this process do ?
    it keeps saying unreponsive script. :-(
    okay, I got past that part finally, but where do I get the pixi 2.1 rootfs file ?
    Can you give better instructions for this section:

"Now copy the PIXI webOS 2.1.0 rootfs file (a long hex file name tar that is gziped), the updated boot tar (rhymes with pixi and starts with the letter 'f') to the 210 directory, and your boot logo you wish to use under scripts/bootlogo.tga (I used the HP logo)."

I only have a Pixi webOS 1.4.5. rootfs file?
  10.    #170  
    Can you give better instructions for this section:

"Now copy the PIXI webOS 2.1.0 rootfs file (a long hex file name tar that is gziped), the updated boot tar (rhymes with pixi and starts with the letter 'f') to the 210 directory, and your boot logo you wish to use under scripts/bootlogo.tga (I used the HP logo)."

I only have a Pixi webOS 1.4.5. rootfs file?
    Assuming you have used nuttybunnys original solution, you have the files somewhere....

If you do not the read the first post of this thread, goto nuttybunnys link find the name of the files, google them, download those files.

Now I respect the rules of this forum, I will not share then, tell you the names of the files, or tell you how to get them... Google is ones friend...
    Okay, i got them and now i just need a boot logo. where do i get one?
  12.    #172  
    Okay, i got them and now i just need a boot logo. where do i get one?
    That is up to you, you can use the hp logo, which is part of the boot images, you can use the palm logo, you can use the meta-doctor tucks logo, any tga type file.
    Last edited by John Steffes; 04/12/2012 at 02:54 PM.
    haha.. again.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  14.    #174  
    haha.. again.
    Zacky59,

If it can not extract from the tar, then the tar is corrupt...

Use the command md5 on the webOS 2.1.0 rootfs tar file and the webOS 2.1.0 boot tar file under the 210 directory.

I get a3aaf25dbcd55255fb580be562f24893 for rootfs 159a156e9c25ddb42c94b454f799bcf9 for boot tar.

If you do not get that md5sum then re-download that file as it will not work unless you have the correct tar file.

Command line:

md5sum name_of_file

Output:
    md5hash name_of_file

Let me know, but I think I will add that to the script to validate the file is the correct md5sum.
    Last edited by John Steffes; 04/12/2012 at 04:21 PM.
    MD5 isn't even a command.
    okay, i got a new file from nuttybunny, its a tgz file though. thats why it wont work. it needs to be a tar file. So how do i make my tgz file into a tar file. because last time i just changed the extension name, and obviously that didnt work. ahaha.
  17.    #177  
    MD5 isn't even a command.
    Use md5sum
  18.    #178  
    okay, i got a new file from nuttybunny, its a tgz file though. thats why it wont work. it needs to be a tar file. So how do i make my tgz file into a tar file. because last time i just changed the extension name, and obviously that didnt work. ahaha.
    Leave the file as a tgz, the script will ungzip it.
    it doesnt though. it doesnt even recognise it as being there. it says cannot run you are missing the pixi 2.1 doctor file.
    it says its not in gzip format.
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast