Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 286
Like Tree8Likes
  1. #101  
    that sounds like it may be a little above my pay scale if you know what I mean lol

    the only issue im having is my facebook account hasnt finished syncing since I started last night. I dont know if this is an actual problem or just a product of my connection being slow (~ 1.5 Mbs down .3 up) Google and hotmail synced fine fwiw.
  2.    #102  
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkj View Post
    that sounds like it may be a little above my pay scale if you know what I mean lol

    the only issue im having is my facebook account hasnt finished syncing since I started last night. I dont know if this is an actual problem or just a product of my connection being slow (~ 1.5 Mbs down .3 up) Google and hotmail synced fine fwiw.
    As the versions of service files have changed in the PIXI from webOS 2.1.0 to webOS 2.1.2 Keep me posted if Facebook works out (I do not use Facebook so I never tested it)

    Here is a list of the modules that the Super will bring over in relation to Facebook:
    (What is in Bold is what was brought over)
    Name Version (Pixi210) Version (Pre+210) Version (Veer212) Version (Veer224)
    com.palm.service.calendar.facebook 1.0-15 1.0-15 1.0-15 1.0-16.1
    com.palm.service.contacts.facebook 1.0-51 1.0-52 1.0-53 1.0-57.3
  3. #103  
    Now that I think about it, it would have to be a problem with the facebook sync and not a connection problem.

    fwiw, the facebook app seems to be working fine.
  4. #104  
    Im pretty new to this and its kinda upsetting.
    I would love this update for my pixi plus but i understand NONE of these script / building instructions and stuff.
    Can someone explain step by step how to do this exactly? im on windows 7 and i have ubuntu.
  5.    #105  
    Quote Originally Posted by yagersc View Post
    Im pretty new to this and its kinda upsetting.
    I would love this update for my pixi plus but i understand NONE of these script / building instructions and stuff.
    Can someone explain step by step how to do this exactly? im on windows 7 and i have ubuntu.
    Rehash of here: http://forums.webosnation.com/palm-p...ml#post3311527

    First make sure you have a file system that is case sensitive.
    Second download the webOS 2.1.0 leaked files (look on the first post for locations and comments on the naming convention used - I will not provide file names or the locations of the files)
    Third use step 1 on the following WIKI Application:MetaDoctor - WebOS Internals
    Fourth copy the scripts (located on first post) to the meta-doctor/scripts directory.
    Fifth run the script ./scripts/build-script_name to download/populate the downloads directory with the doctors needed for build.
    Sixth copy the webOS 2.1.0 leaked files to the 210 directory you create under the seed doctor
    Seventh run the script ./scripts/build-script_name to build base build doctor
    Eighth run the script ./scripts/super-script_name to build super doctor

    ./scripts/build-script_name and super-script_name, would be:

    For Verizon:
    Then run ./scripts/build-verizon-pixiplus-2.1.0
    Then run ./scripts/super-verizon-pixiplus-2.1.0

    For WR (ROW):
    Then run ./scripts/build-wr-pixiplus-2.1.0
    Then run ./scripts/super-wr-pixiplus-2.1.0

    For AT&T:
    Then run ./scripts/build-att-pixiplus-2.1.0
    Then run ./scripts/super-att-pixiplus-2.1.0

    For Sprint:
    Then run ./scripts/build-sprint-pixi-2.1.0
    Then run ./scripts/super-sprint-pixi-2.1.0

    When there are errors:

    The build creates two txt files one under the doctor/210 directory (by doctor it is that name of the doctor directory of the seed doctor IE for Verizon it is pixiplus-p121eww-verizon-1.4.5.1).

    The super script creates a superpixi.txt either post them or send them (PM) to me, so I can see what it was trying to do (you should also send me the output of the command line).

    Let me know how it goes and Thanks for testing this process, and please report all issues discovered even if everything worked...
    Last edited by John Steffes; 04/04/2012 at 07:54 AM.
  6. #106  
    hi, all!
    i need a help, there is a terminal's log:


    ubuntu-8@ubuntu:~/meta-doctor$ /home/ubuntu-8/meta-doctor/scripts/build-verizon-pixiplus-2.1.0
    Due to changes made to HP Cloud Services, this script may no longer work.
    DEVICE = pixiplus
    CARRIER = verizon
    VERSION = 1.4.5.1
    CUSTOM_CARRIER_TARBALL = carrier.tar
    CUSTOM_XML = pixie.xml
    CUSTOM_BUILD_INFO = palm-build-info
    CUSTOM_WEBOS_DMSET = 312
    CUSTOM_CARRIER_DMSET = 674
    CUSTOM_BOOTLOGO = scripts/BootLogo.tga
    CUSTOM_ROOTFS = rootfs.tar.gz

    Your custom doctor file will be created at build/build-verizon-pixiplus-2.1.0/webosdoctorp121ewwverizonwireless-2.1.0.jar

    --2012-04-05 02:19:49-- http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/prepl...p101ueu-wr.jar
    Преобразование адреса palm.cdnetworks.net... 174.35.67.53, 174.35.64.24
    Подключение к palm.cdnetworks.net|174.35.67.53|:80... соединились.
    Запрос HTTP послан, ожидание ответа... 200 OK
    Длина: 195114555 (186M) [application/octet-stream]
    Сохранение в каталог: ««downloads/webosdoctorp101ueu-wr-2.1.0.jar»».

    100%[======================================>] 195.114.555 1,24M/s за 2m 44s

    2012-04-05 02:22:33 (1,14 MB/s) - «downloads/webosdoctorp101ueu-wr-2.1.0.jar» сохранен [195114555/195114555]

    --2012-04-05 02:22:34-- http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/pixip...onwireless.jar
    Преобразование адреса palm.cdnetworks.net... 174.35.6.41, 174.35.6.37
    Подключение к palm.cdnetworks.net|174.35.6.41|:80... соединились.
    Запрос HTTP послан, ожидание ответа... 200 OK
    Длина: 218329297 (208M) [application/octet-stream]
    Сохранение в каталог: ««downloads/webosdoctorp121ewwverizonwireless-1.4.5.1.jar»».

    100%[======================================>] 218.329.297 1,24M/s за 3m 12s

    2012-04-05 02:25:46 (1,08 MB/s) - «downloads/webosdoctorp121ewwverizonwireless-1.4.5.1.jar» сохранен [218329297/218329297]

    --2012-04-05 02:25:48-- http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/veer/...p160unaatt.jar
    Преобразование адреса palm.cdnetworks.net... 174.35.5.11, 174.35.7.25
    Подключение к palm.cdnetworks.net|174.35.5.11|:80... соединились.
    Запрос HTTP послан, ожидание ответа... 200 OK
    Длина: 200830797 (192M) [application/octet-stream]
    Сохранение в каталог: ««downloads/webosdoctorp160unaatt-2.1.2.jar»».

    100%[======================================>] 200.830.797 1,23M/s за 2m 43s

    2012-04-05 02:28:32 (1,17 MB/s) - «downloads/webosdoctorp160unaatt-2.1.2.jar» сохранен [200830797/200830797]

    Unpacking if needed webOS Doctors
    Not prepared for webOS 2.1.0 build extract
    Please create 210 directory under pixiplus-p121eww-verizon-1.4.5.1
    ubuntu-8@ubuntu:~/meta-doctor$ /home/ubuntu-8/meta-doctor/scripts/build-verizon-pixiplus-2.1.0
    Due to changes made to HP Cloud Services, this script may no longer work.
    DEVICE = pixiplus
    CARRIER = verizon
    VERSION = 1.4.5.1
    CUSTOM_CARRIER_TARBALL = carrier.tar
    CUSTOM_XML = pixie.xml
    CUSTOM_BUILD_INFO = palm-build-info
    CUSTOM_WEBOS_DMSET = 312
    CUSTOM_CARRIER_DMSET = 674
    CUSTOM_BOOTLOGO = scripts/BootLogo.tga
    CUSTOM_ROOTFS = rootfs.tar.gz

    Your custom doctor file will be created at build/build-verizon-pixiplus-2.1.0/webosdoctorp121ewwverizonwireless-2.1.0.jar

    Unpacking if needed webOS Doctors
    Copying Veer rootfs for webOS 2.1.2 build extract
    Not prepared for webOS 2.1.0 build extract
    webOS 2.1.0 rootfs file not present
    ubuntu-8@ubuntu:~/meta-doctor$


    <b>Not prepared for webOS 2.1.0 build extract
    webOS 2.1.0 rootfs file not present</b>
    where to get them and where to put?

    my device: pixi plus, verizon, cdma
  7.    #107  
    Quote Originally Posted by eugene300 View Post
    <b>Not prepared for webOS 2.1.0 build extract
    webOS 2.1.0 rootfs file not present</b>
    where to get them and where to put?

    my device: pixi plus, verizon, cdma
    Look on the first post for locations and comments on the naming convention used - I will not provide file names or the locations of the files...

    Please Read First Post: http://forums.webosnation.com/palm-p...ml#post3311053

    Again, I will not post the files or where to get them google is ones friend here...

    However, if one reads this thread other users have posted the names of the files you are looking for!

    Once you have the files they go under the 210 directory you created.
  8. #108  
    Ok Ive been using my webOS 1.4.5 and 2.1.0 pixi's side by side and the 2.1.0 is every bit as smooth as the 1.4.5 ver. Everything seems to be running fine. It did lockup making me have to pull the battery twice. The battery was fully drained and I was charging it with a touchstone. Ive had more problems with my stock pixi in the same time then with the 2.1.0 pixi.
  9.    #109  
    Quote Originally Posted by dmerlin View Post
    Ok Ive been using my webOS 1.4.5 and 2.1.0 pixi's side by side and the 2.1.0 is every bit as smooth as the 1.4.5 ver. Everything seems to be running fine. It did lockup making me have to pull the battery twice. The battery was fully drained and I was charging it with a touchstone. Ive had more problems with my stock pixi in the same time then with the 2.1.0 pixi.
    dmerlin,

    Sounds like the webOS 2.1.0 version was fairing better then the stock 1.4.5. Now I am using my PixiPlus as a MP3 player (it is not connected to a carrier) and have not had any lockups or issues. I am also using my PixiPlus on a touchstone and have not had any issues with the charging related to battery drain. Now every phone/device and battery is different so just cause it has been working for me YMMV.

    Now I am also testing a version of webOS 2.2.4 parts (which also skews my results, but I have been using the PixiPlus with webOS 2.1.0 for months before I released these scripts, to test before they were released, and I did not have any issues then either).

    With the webOS 2.2.4 version I have to say it is not as good as I would like. Maybe if someone out there is a good coder...

    Here is what is needed, we need to go to the opensource.palm.com, use the webkit from webOS 2.2.4 and compile it for the armv6, as I am not sure the switches that would need to be made.

    Really all the open source code if it could be ported to armv6 that would even be better...

    This is the problem with Open webOS and open source software, unless you know the exact environment to compile it is not easy for someone to port from device a to device b...

    It is not like HP/Palm is going to release a document on how to create a doctor source from source code.

    I can tell by looking thru all the code from Veer/Pre2/Pre3/PrePlus this is exactly what they have.

    They have a fully source coded environment which they run a script and it compiles and creates a disk image that is then used to build a doctor. Each component is compiled during the build cycle.

    That is what would be needed to create a pure webOS doctor, this information is not released yet, I doubt if ever...
  10. #110  
    Does the GPS work with your phone?
  11. #111  
    Yes the GPS is working better then ever and thanks to John we even have google maps working now.
    Last edited by dmerlin; 04/06/2012 at 07:56 AM.
  12. #112  
    Quote Originally Posted by dmerlin View Post
    Yes the GPS is working better then ever and thanks to John we even have google maps working now.

    My gps wasnt working yesterday, I enabled the google services and that seemed to fix it.

    Have you had any problems syncing facebook contacts?
  13. #113  
    Sorry I dont facebook.
  14. #114  
    Was anyone able to find a working Terminal app for a 2.1 Pixi+ on verizon? I made the upgrade to 2.1 yesterday using the script's in this thread (which worked flawlessly!), and the one thing I'm missing is a good working terminal app. I tried installing wTerm, Terminus, and XTerm, and none of them seemed to work.

    On the positive side, I'm extremely impressed at how well the procedure was! I doctored to 1.4.5.1 clean, then I doctored to 2.1. On Verizon, everything works as it should for me. Texts/MMS (mms seemed to send faster than on 1.4.5.1), Calls, 3G, Wifi, web browser seems to have working flash, etc. Very worth the upgrade! Thanks to all who contributed to this, it made my Pixi+ much smoother and brought on some extra features as well.

    And having Google maps back, what a relief!
  15. #115  
    Can anyone tell me if this process produces different (better or worse) results than the other process for installing 2.1.0 on the Pixi outlined here?

    Seemed fine at first, but eventually the lagginess of the 2.1.0 on the Pixi persuaded me to revert back to 1.4.5.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
  16. #116  
    Quote Originally Posted by happyramenboy View Post
    Was anyone able to find a working Terminal app for a 2.1 Pixi+ on verizon? I made the upgrade to 2.1 yesterday using the script's in this thread (which worked flawlessly!), and the one thing I'm missing is a good working terminal app. I tried installing wTerm, Terminus, and XTerm, and none of them seemed to work.

    On the positive side, I'm extremely impressed at how well the procedure was! I doctored to 1.4.5.1 clean, then I doctored to 2.1. On Verizon, everything works as it should for me. Texts/MMS (mms seemed to send faster than on 1.4.5.1), Calls, 3G, Wifi, web browser seems to have working flash, etc. Very worth the upgrade! Thanks to all who contributed to this, it made my Pixi+ much smoother and brought on some extra features as well.

    And having Google maps back, what a relief!
    Working calls and flash? Cool but how did you get this script to make calls and what makes you think you have flash? I want flash and calls to!
  17.    #117  
    Quote Originally Posted by happyramenboy View Post
    Was anyone able to find a working Terminal app for a 2.1 Pixi+ on verizon? I made the upgrade to 2.1 yesterday using the script's in this thread (which worked flawlessly!), and the one thing I'm missing is a good working terminal app. I tried installing wTerm, Terminus, and XTerm, and none of them seemed to work.

    On the positive side, I'm extremely impressed at how well the procedure was! I doctored to 1.4.5.1 clean, then I doctored to 2.1. On Verizon, everything works as it should for me. Texts/MMS (mms seemed to send faster than on 1.4.5.1), Calls, 3G, Wifi, web browser seems to have working flash, etc. Very worth the upgrade! Thanks to all who contributed to this, it made my Pixi+ much smoother and brought on some extra features as well.

    And having Google maps back, what a relief!
    I have tried it, but it did not work for me, but I am using a webOS 2.2.4 variant so that might be the reason it did not work for me.

    When I run it from novaterm I get:
    root/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/us.ryanhope.terminus/bin# ./terminus
    Illegal instruction

    So I think it has an issue with a dependency it expects that does not exist?

    if you change the permissions for Terminus (like normal for webOS 2.1.0) it should work. But it has not for me (but I am on a webOS 2.2.4 variant). Let me know how that goes...

    http://metaviewsoft.de/wordpress/?p=560


    Quote Originally Posted by dmerlin View Post
    Working calls and flash? Cool but how did you get this script to make calls and what makes you think you have flash? I want flash and calls to!
    Flash, Yes I did bring the flash-mini-adapter from the webOS 1.4.5/1.4.5.1 source to webOS 2.1.0 (to pass validation as they are the same), however, FLASH has other components (FLASH and FLAME/Flash-Plugin) those are missing, so although the settings are there for flash, flash does not work.

    I have tried Veer/Pre2/Pre3/Touchpad Flash, all which are compiled to ARMv7, we need a source of flash compiled to ARMv6 (remember reading somewhere that ARMv6 would never get flash), but as I know HP/Palm is building from a source code compile method, I know on some server at HP/Palm there exists ARMv6 Flash code, too bad they will not open source webOS 2.2.4 with flash and explain the switches to compile it and build a correct doctor... Enough soap box...

    Quote Originally Posted by Syndil View Post
    Can anyone tell me if this process produces different (better or worse) results than the other process for installing 2.1.0 on the Pixi outlined here?

    Seemed fine at first, but eventually the lagginess of the 2.1.0 on the Pixi persuaded me to revert back to 1.4.5.
    I have not had any lagginess after I transplanted the Veer webOS 2.1.2 components, it seems to be better (YMMV), but one thing I can say is I have a task to reboot the device every morning and it seems to clean up the memory issues (also my device is a MP3 player not connected to a carrier) but I do use it at the gym, mowing the lawn, shoveling the snow, and sometimes I even kill a few piggies...

    Please let me know if anyone else has issues with lagginess
    Last edited by John Steffes; 04/07/2012 at 08:40 AM.
  18. #118  
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post


    Flash, Yes I did bring the flash-mini-adapter from the webOS 1.4.5/1.4.5.1 source to webOS 2.1.0 (to pass validation as they are the same), however, FLASH has other components (FLASH and FLAME/Flash-Plugin) those are missing, so although the settings are there for flash, flash does not work.

    I have tried Veer/Pre2/Pre3/Touchpad Flash, all which are compiled to ARMv7, we need a source of flash compiled to ARMv6 (remember reading somewhere that ARMv6 would never get flash), but as I know HP/Palm is building from a source code compile method, I know on some server at HP/Palm there exists ARMv6 Flash code, too bad they will not open source webOS 2.2.4 with flash and explain the switches to compile it and build a correct doctor... Enough soap box...

    Well I have the ver of flash said to be made for the ARMv6 it is 10.2.157.340 If you want to try it let me know and Ill get it to you. (some how)
  19. #119  
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    I have tried it, but it did not work for me, but I am using a webOS 2.2.4 variant so that might be the reason it did not work for me.

    When I run it from novaterm I get:
    root/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/us.ryanhope.terminus/bin# ./terminus
    Illegal instruction

    So I think it has an issue with a dependency it expects that does not exist?

    if you change the permissions for Terminus (like normal for webOS 2.1.0) it should work. But it has not for me (but I am on a webOS 2.2.4 variant). Let me know how that goes...

    L\'Haut-Parleur » Get shell access on your webos 2.1.0 device
    I did try following the instructions on that link, and I think I must be doing something wrong, because I'm still not having much luck. When I try to run it the first time after installing... by "run it once" does it mean click on the app icon once? Because when I click on the icon it sits there for a second after I clicked on it, highlighted like it's going to open an app, but nothing ever pops open and eventually it gives up. And when I opened up the jail file afterwards, I only saw the expected correct line in the file. So I didn't have anything to change...I did try newlining and backspacing so it has a linux new line, but still nothing different. Let me know if I'm doing something wrong? And if there's any more information I can give that would help, let me know. Thanks.
  20. #120  
    people, someone can help me? is a mockery - to give the script, but does not explain where to get the files.

    sorry for my bad English.
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions