Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by palmlover123 View Post
    WOSQI doesnt work.
    Sorry guys but I just dont know this stuff? What is WOSQi? Do you have any idea what Iam doing wrong?

WOSQI Wasnt that a radio station from norther cali?
    Last edited by dmerlin; 03/25/2012 at 07:32 PM.
  2.    #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by dmerlin View Post
    Ok Ill try but HOW? How do I use the -wifi switch?
    In the terminal window type ./scripts/super-verizon-pixiplus-2.1.0 --wifi-only

Then it will build the doctor with the following additional ARGS BYPASS_ACTIVATION=1 BYPASS_FIRST_USE_APP=1 DISABLE_MODEM_UPDATE=1

This will allow one to use the device without a Carrier Data.

FYI WebOS Quick Install (WOSQI), it seems to check ARM version, you might be able to rename the IPK from ARM6 to ARM7 and see if it just checks the name of the file, as WOSQI thinks the device is a PRE (Arm7) device.
    Last edited by John Steffes; 03/25/2012 at 07:32 PM.
    Say what if I just go ahead a pay kittywireless to activate the phone? Would that fix it?
  4.    #64  
    Say what if I just go ahead a pay kittywireless to activate the phone? Would that fix it?
    As Long as the phone is a PIXIPlus it has WIFI (You would only need a carrier data plan if you were a PIXI), the difference is the WIFI board.

So if you have a non-carrier device (like I do) use the --wifi-only switch and the issue is resolved, no need to activate the phone, as long as you are not planing on using it as a phone.

I use mine as a MP3 device...
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    If the arm6 files will not install rerun the script with the --wifi-only switch to force bypass, also one can use the devmode to bypass activation, create wifi profile, then use preware to install bypass patch and then impostah to remove the palm profile and reboot, and login thru wifi.

Thanks for that, so far, you ran the super script without running the first script (which I will add logic to fail if the build doctor is not present), second, once you ran the build doctor, then ran the super script everything worked... Thanks for testing the AT&T doctor, as that doctor is based on the WR doctor I have removed them all from the existing post, and added additional logic to prevent the second script from running before the first build script and repost them to the first post of this thread.
    I first ran the regular script, no errors. Then I ran the super and no errors. I just have one question though. In the App Catalog, it won't let me redownload my purchased apps. And I checked palm.com/palmprofile, my OS version is at 2.1.0. Also it won't let download apps period. And I'm signed into my profile.
    My Pixi *Plus* can handle the "new features" of WebOS 2

Your 2.1 Pixi is only 15 minutes away: http://nuttybunny.wordpress.com/2011...pixi-plus-gsm/
  6.    #66  
    I first ran the regular script, no errors. Then I ran the super and no errors. I just have one question though. In the App Catalog, it won't let me redownload my purchased apps. And I checked palm.com/palmprofile, my OS version is at 2.1.0.
    Again, depends on the apps, if they were Pixi apps (arm6), mine install fine, over and over, but if they were pre/preplus/pre2/pre3/veer/touchpad (arm7) yes they will not work.

You can look at your apps via impostah.
    Again, depends on the apps, if they were Pixi apps (arm6), mine install fine, over and over, but if they were pre/preplus/pre2/pre3/veer/touchpad (arm7) yes they will not work.
    They are Pixi apps though. For example, I tried to download Ragin Thunder 2, it kept trying over and over aging in but it kept saying download failed. Even I tried to download Facebook, which is free, but it said download failed. I purchased it, but it's saying that I didn't-.- but its fine, this is a wifi only device.
    Last edited by palmlover123; 03/25/2012 at 08:11 PM.
  8.    #68  
    They are Pixi apps though. For example, I tried to download Ragin Thunder 2, it kept trying over and over aging in but it kept saying download failed. Even I tried to download Facebook, which is free, but it said download failed.
    Not sure, when I log into my profile, it auto downloads all of my apps. I have downloaded many apps with no issues.
    Not sure, when I log into my profile, it auto downloads all of my apps. I have downloaded many apps with no issues.
    I skipped first use, since this is a wifi only device. Should I try reloginning into my profile by erasing apps and data?
  10.    #70  
    They are Pixi apps though. For example, I tried to download Ragin Thunder 2, it kept trying over and over aging in but it kept saying download failed. Even I tried to download Facebook, which is free, but it said download failed. I purchased it, but it's saying that I didn't-.- but its fine, this is a wifi only device.
    hum... Works fine on my profile... Not sure... Lets see if anyone else reports issues, this is why I ask people to test before using their palm profile.
    hum... Works fine on my profile... Not sure... Lets see if anyone else reports issues, this is why I ask people to test before using their palm profile.
    Its fine really, desnt really matter.
  12.    #72  
    I skipped first use, since this is a wifi only device. Should I try reloginning into my profile by erasing apps and data?
    Yes this might be the issue, use impostah to remove you palm account, then remove your palm profile, and restart...
  13.    #73  
    Its fine really, desnt really matter.
    This does matter, I want to make sure you have the same result as I do. I want to make sure this process is working for all.
    This does matter, I want to make sure you have the same result as I do. I want to make sure this process is working for all.
    Since my old sim that isn't activated is in my Pixi, it wont let me sign in. Let me run the wifi only superscript.

Creating the doctor right now
    I cant activate the phone. When I click on the little phone to make the emergency call a popup shows up and then just goes away? I did get the os to load with the wifi only switch. Any ideas on how to activate this ver of 2.1.0. Also the app catalog doesnt work? This ver of the os seems very smooth. Thanks John for all the great work and for your help.
    Hi to all!
    I can't run the script
    anyone can make firmware 2.1 for palm pixi plus Verizon?

thanks
  17.    #77  
    Since my old sim that isn't activated is in my Pixi, it wont let me sign in. Let me run the wifi only superscript.

Creating the doctor right now
    Awaiting if this has been resolved?

I cant activate the phone. When I click on the little phone to make the emergency call a popup shows up and then just goes away? I did get the os to load with the wifi only switch. Any ideas on how to activate this ver of 2.1.0. Also the app catalog doesnt work? This ver of the os seems very smooth. Thanks John for all the great work and for your help.
    dmerlin,

I suggest the same thing I suggested to palmlover123, use --wifi-only, then use wosqi, to install impostah, create a wifi profile, use impostah, go to the accounts find the palm profile (which would read skipped first use) and delete the palm profile, then go under palm profile and click reset palm profile, it will ask you to reboot, let it, it will wipe all apps, but keep the wifi active and will bring you back to the first use app, as you will have wifi you should be able to login to a profile and it will download any pixi apps you had, I have done this a million times...

Once you are comfortable you can use a utility to pull your wifi profile off of the device and you can add an ARG to the script of BYPASS_ACTIVATION=1 INSTALL_WIFI_PROFILES=1

This will install your backed up wifi profile during the build then you will always have wifi from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by eugene300 View Post
    Hi to all!
    I can't run the script
    anyone can make firmware 2.1 for palm pixi plus Verizon?

thanks
    To help you I need more information.

When there are errors:

The build creates two txt files one under the doctor/210 directory (by doctor it is that name of the doctor directory of the seed doctor IE for Verizon it is pixiplus-p121eww-verizon-1.4.5.1).

The super script creates a superpixi.txt either post them or send them (PM) to me, so I can see what it was trying to do (you should also send me the output of the command line).

Thanks for testing this process, and please report all issues discovered even if everything worked...
    Awaiting if this has been resolved?

dmerlin,

I suggest the same thing I suggested to palmlover123, use --wifi-only, then use wosqi, to install impostah, create a wifi profile, use impostah, go to the accounts find the palm profile (which would read skipped first use) and delete the palm profile, then go under palm profile and click reset palm profile, it will ask you to reboot, let it, it will wipe all apps, but keep the wifi active and will bring you back to the first use app, as you will have wifi you should be able to login to a profile and it will download any pixi apps you had, I have done this a million times...

Once you are comfortable you can use a utility to pull your wifi profile off of the device and you can add an ARG to the script of BYPASS_ACTIVATION=1 INSTALL_WIFI_PROFILES=1

This will install your backed up wifi profile during the build then you will always have wifi from the start.

To help you I need more information.

When there are errors:

The build creates two txt files one under the doctor/210 directory (by doctor it is that name of the doctor directory of the seed doctor IE for Verizon it is pixiplus-p121eww-verizon-1.4.5.1).

The super script creates a superpixi.txt either post them or send them (PM) to me, so I can see what it was trying to do (you should also send me the output of the command line).

Thanks for testing this process, and please report all issues discovered even if everything worked...
    what information do you need?

cdma
    model p121eww
    wifi
    cdma, wifi
    model p121eww
  20.    #80  

cdma
    model p121eww
    wifi
    cdma, wifi
    model p121eww
    You need to run the scripts, pull down the files and once you do that give me the following information:

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast