Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
  1.    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiftyAxel View Post
    Also apologies for the double post, but I figured I should report back on progress. I successfully built and super-ified the 2.1 doctor, I ran it and it got to 80something percent before erroring out with 'Unable to reset your phone'. It just booted up though, so I'm going to mark this down as a success
    ShiftyAxel, did you get a chance to pull down the updated script and test it to validate the ROM verification issue is fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by dmerlin View Post
    Cool (I think?) that seems to have worked? Now the script seems to be downloading something? Do you know what I didnt do or what I did wrong?
    Not sure all files I have created have the following rights -rwxr-xr-x, witch you can see the x is in all three spots (owner, group, and others)! This is the reason why I zip up the files which should preserve the file permissions. No matter, let me know how the super build goes and any further issues, or if it worked inform me of that as well.
    = By the way using ctrl-c wasnt a good idea when the script is running as it stopped the script? I reran it and it started again but where the first download was to be 200 meg it now says it is downloading 180 meg? I hope the download will be ok.
    Is this a problem?
  3.    #43  
    Is this a problem?
    The script will check the md5sums of each file it pulls down and if it is not correct it will erase it and you can re-run the script again.

This (Verizon) script has been tested a million times, and works great on my PIXIPLUS, but YMMV
    One last thing (ya right wink) do I have to have the phone in any special modes for this op? Like holding down the vol up button when powering up or going into dev mode?
  5.    #45  
    One last thing (ya right wink) do I have to have the phone in any special modes for this op? Like holding down the vol up button when powering up or going into dev mode?
    If you have any issues you can force the PIXI into recovery, hold down volume up (when off) and plug in USB or hit power, or NOVATERM in and type tellbootie recover.

But the doctor normally will force update mode so no worries there...

Make sure you have backed up all USB and APP data you wish to keep, not sure how it handles going from webOS 1.4.x to webOS 2.1.0 (assume it will wipe all, but it might preserve it), as I went from webOS 1.4.5.1 to webOS 2.1.0 but with a blank (no data, no apps, no palm profile) PIXIPLUS.

Glad that things are staring to work for you, please let me know if it works or if you have issues.
    Ian trying to loginto my profile but it cant? I think I would have to setup wifi first? Should I make a new profile and setup the phone? Would I be able to loginto my old profile then?
    I cant get past the palm profile screen even if I make a new profile? With the new profile I cant get past the checking email screen?
    The phone tells me sigh in failed
    Last edited by dmerlin; 03/25/2012 at 02:02 PM.
  8.    #48  
    I cant get past the palm profile screen even if I make a new profile? With the new profile I cant get past the checking email screen?
    The phone tells me sigh in failed
    Try a new profile first...

Because your profile might be setup with webOS 1.4.5.1 (one might have to remove their palm profile backups) first....

My device did not have a webOS 1.4.5.1 profile (never had it), so when I went to webOS 2.1.0 it was fine.

Try the phone before you mess up your existing profile, (you can bypass activation via patches or via devmode)

Once you are happy with webOS 2.1.0 (bring the phone back to webOS 1.4.5.1 and log in, then goto the backup app and disable and remove all backups sets), then go back to webOS 2.1.0. YMMV
    Last edited by John Steffes; 03/25/2012 at 02:41 PM.
    ok should I just doctor back to 1.4.5? Then reinstall 2.1.0
  10.    #50  
    ok should I just doctor back to 1.4.5? Then reinstall 2.1.0
    If you want to use your existing profile, before testing then yes, otherwise, test the device before you do...

I assume the script worked, I assume it shows Verizon Wireless, I assume that the doctor pasted ROM verification on your device?

Please let me know if there were any issues, or is everything worked fine...
    Seems like it worked. I see verizon wireless I just cant get past the palm profile screen?
    Iam trying to do the actvation bypass using webOS quick install but the program sees my phone as a pre and the program seems to be hung up?
    Getting an error while running your super script for an ATT Pixi in Ubuntu:

***** Extracting Enyo from webOS 2.2.4 *****
    ***** Extracting updated webOS 2.2.4 ipkgs apps *****
    tar: build/pixiplus-p121eww-att-2.1.0/extras-file-list.txt: Cannot stat: No such file or directory
    tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now
    make: *** [extract-rootfs-ipkgs] Error 2
  13.    #53  
    Seems like it worked. I see verizon wireless I just cant get past the palm profile screen?
    Iam trying to do the actvation bypass using webOS quick install but the program sees my phone as a pre and the program seems to be hung up?
    Yes I reported in the first post WebOS Quick Install mis-reports, so to install patches one needs to use preware (which will install fine from WebOS Quick Install), but to help you now you need to manuel install the patches from the website:

Index of /feeds/webos-internals/armv6/

Look for : org.webosinternals.patch_2.5.9-4_armv6.ipk and use WebOS Quick Install and install it then install the bypass patch located in the meta doctor directory patches/webos-2.1.0/bypass-activation.patch

Or you can use devmode ?
    Quote Originally Posted by palmlover123 View Post
    Getting an error while running your super script for an ATT Pixi in Ubuntu:

***** Extracting Enyo from webOS 2.2.4 *****
    ***** Extracting updated webOS 2.2.4 ipkgs apps *****
    tar: build/pixiplus-p121eww-att-2.1.0/extras-file-list.txt: Cannot stat: No such file or directory
    tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now
    make: *** [extract-rootfs-ipkgs] Error 2
    Looks like the build doctor was not created yet, if it was send me the files...

When there are errors:

The build creates two txt files one under the doctor/210 directory (by doctor it is that name of the doctor directory of the seed doctor IE for Verizon it is pixiplus-p121eww-verizon-1.4.5.1).

The super script creates a superpixi.txt either post them or send them (PM) to me, so I can see what it was trying to do (you should also send me the output of the command line).

Thanks for testing this process, and please report all issues discovered even if everything worked...
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    Yes I reported in the first post WebOS Quick Install mis-reports, so to install patches one needs to use preware (which will install fine from WebOS Quick Install), but to help you now you need to manuel install the patches from the website:

Look for : org.webosinternals.patch_2.5.9-4_armv6.ipk and use WebOS Quick Install and install it then install the bypass patch located in the meta doctor directory patches/webos-2.1.0/bypass-activation.patch

Or you can use devmode ?

Looks like the build doctor was not created yet, if it was send me the files...

When there are errors:

The build creates two txt files one under the doctor/210 directory (by doctor it is that name of the doctor directory of the seed doctor IE for Verizon it is pixiplus-p121eww-verizon-1.4.5.1).

The super script creates a superpixi.txt either post them or send them (PM) to me, so I can see what it was trying to do (you should also send me the output of the command line).

Thanks for testing this process, and please report all issues discovered even if everything worked...
    Going to to regular script,(actually almost done!) but heres the superpixi.txt.

Doctoring now!

UPDATE: doctors done, booting now...

Bypassed activation,

Performance wise, it feels the same. But smoothness and overall responsiveness is a lot better.

Now time to try out the super script.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by palmlover123; 03/25/2012 at 05:18 PM.
    =John Steffes;3311892]Yes I reported in the first post WebOS Quick Install mis-reports, so to install patches one needs to use preware (which will install fine from WebOS Quick Install), but to help you now you need to manuel install the patches from the website:

Ok tried it and when I try to run org.webosinternals.patch_2.5.9-4_armv6.ipk with webOS Quick Install it get the error:
    ERROR: An error occurred while attempting to install org.webosinternals.patch_2.5.9.4_armv6.ipk
    Package was designed for a diffrerent architecture
    I doctored back to 1.4.5 and then reinstalled the super script and Iam stuck at the same place:
    ERROR: An error occurred while attempting to install org.webosinternals.patch_2.5.9.4_armv6.ipk
    I doctored back to 1.4.5 and then reinstalled the super script and Iam stuck at the same place:
    WOSQI doesnt work.
    Trying out the super script for my AT&T Pixi. Will be back shortly.

Super script worked, no errors
    Last edited by palmlover123; 03/25/2012 at 06:18 PM.
  19.    #59  
    Ok tried it and when I try to run org.webosinternals.patch_2.5.9-4_armv6.ipk with webOS Quick Install it get the error:
    WOSQI doesnt work.
    If the arm6 files will not install rerun the script with the --wifi-only switch to force bypass, also one can use the devmode to bypass activation, create wifi profile, then use preware to install bypass patch and then impostah to remove the palm profile and reboot, and login thru wifi.

Trying out the super script for my AT&T Pixi. Will be back shortly.

Super script worked, no errors
    Thanks for that, so far, you ran the super script without running the first script (which I will add logic to fail if the build doctor is not present), second, once you ran the build doctor, then ran the super script everything worked... Thanks for testing the AT&T doctor, as that doctor is based on the WR doctor I have removed them all from the existing post, and added additional logic to prevent the second script from running before the first build script and repost them to the first post of this thread.
    Last edited by John Steffes; 03/25/2012 at 07:27 PM.
    =John Steffes;3311937]If the arm6 files will not install rerun the script with the -wifi switch to force bypass, also one can use the devmode to bypass activation, create wifi profile, then use preware to install bypass patch and then impostah to remove the palm profile and reboot, and login thru wifi.
    Ok Ill try but HOW? How do I use the -wifi switch?
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast