Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
  1.    #21  
    I will not post the backed up webOS 2.1.0 files, however, they are on the net google is your friend...

Quote Originally Posted by ShiftyAxel View Post
    Also apologies for the double post, but I figured I should report back on progress. I successfully built and super-ified the 2.1 doctor, I ran it and it got to 80something percent before erroring out with 'Unable to reset your phone'. It just booted up though, so I'm going to mark this down as a success
    The doctor will finish, it will not stop at 80% and fail... that is not a success...

When there are errors:

The build creates two txt files one under the doctor/210 directory (by doctor it is that name of the doctor directory of the seed doctor IE for Verizon it is pixiplus-p121eww-verizon-1.4.5.1).

The super script creates a superpixi.txt either post them or send them (PM) to me, so I can see what it was trying to do (you should also send me the output of the command line).

The Verizon scripts have been tested by me a million times on my device, but YMMV.

Thanks for testing this process, and please report all issues discovered...
    Last edited by John Steffes; 03/25/2012 at 12:32 AM.
    It booted up just fine and has been working as expected throughout setup, app catalog access included (awesome achievement there btw). Attached are PIXIBLD.TXT, superpixi.txt and the terminal output (compressed due to attachment size limit). I hope you can glean something useful from them
    Attached Files Attached Files
    webOS Ports' UI Architect & luna-sysmgr guru.
    Fair enough, now I think about it I think the files got pulled from mediafire. I think I know of somewhere you can get them though- email me for details.
    Could you let me know via a PM where additional files are too, please.
  4.    #24  
    It booted up just fine and has been working as expected throughout setup, app catalog access included (awesome achievement there btw). Attached are PIXIBLD.TXT, superpixi.txt and the terminal output (compressed due to attachment size limit). I hope you can glean something useful from them
    Thanks for sending those yes I did find out what the issue was and it was corrected, I think?

Here was a new set of WR scripts and I had included newer scripts for AT&T and Sprint.

These all were tested, and all scripts were removed from this post and moved them to the First Post of this Thread...

When there are errors:

The build creates two txt files one under the doctor/210 directory (by doctor it is that name of the doctor directory of the seed doctor IE for Verizon it is pixiplus-p121eww-verizon-1.4.5.1).

The super script creates a superpixi.txt either post them or send them (PM) to me, so I can see what it was trying to do (you should also send me the output of the command line).

Thanks for testing this process, and please report all issues discovered even if everything worked...
    Last edited by John Steffes; 03/25/2012 at 07:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dmerlin View Post
    Ok I made the 210 dir and as you said now it complains “Not prepared for webOS 2.1.0 build extract” and “webOS 2.1.0 rootfs file not present”. Now copy the PIXI webOS 2.1.0 rootfs file, and the updated boot tar to the 210 directory, and your boot logo your wish to user under scripts/bootlogo.tga (I used the HP logo). Ive looked every where but I cant find the webOS 2.1.0 rootfs or the updated boot tar files?
    Is there anyone (op you out there? Ive sent you a pm ) who can tell us where to find these two files, webOS 2.1.0 rootfs file and the updated boot tar? With out these is there any other way to finish the install?
  6.    #26  
    Is there anyone (op you out there? Ive sent you a pm ) who can tell us where to find these two files, webOS 2.1.0 rootfs file and the updated boot tar? With out these is there any other way to finish the install?
    Look at the other thread for the names of the files to look for (google is your friend)...

webOS 2.1 on Pixi effort, Official Thread

Or look here...

This is it. webOS 2.1 on *your* Pixi Plus GSM | The NuttyBunny

Sorry I am not the owner of the backup files, therefore, do not have the distribution rights to distribute the file(s)...
    Is this thread some kind of tease? I cant find any info about those two files anywhere but here? Again I get 90% of the way there then nothing? (reminds me of an old girlfriend lol) Ive been looking for these files with google and its no friend of mine.

ps I have the files e4014e63a755ac02a63478047ad21d7e.tgz and fixi files there the only files noted that we need in the other threads? I cant find anything about the 2 files Iam missing?
    Last edited by dmerlin; 03/25/2012 at 09:09 AM.
  8.    #28  
    Is this thread some kind of tease? I cant find any info about those two files anywhere but here? Again I get 90% of the way there then nothing? (reminds me of an old girlfriend lol) Ive been looking for these files with google and its no friend of mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    Look at the other thread for the names of the files to look for (google is your friend)...

webOS 2.1 on Pixi effort, Official Thread

Or look here...

This is it. webOS 2.1 on *your* Pixi Plus GSM | The NuttyBunny

Sorry I am not the owner of the backup files, therefore, do not have the distribution rights to distribute the file(s)...
    The thread is about a process to create a doctor from a meta doctor script, assuming one can use google to find the files specified in the above threads... You can even look (edit the scripts) for the file names... Once you have the files, this makes installing webOS 2.1.0 on the pixi/pixiplus much easier...

No tease is intended..

Ok I see Iam wasting my time here. Thanks for nothing. Later
  10.    #30  
    Ok I see Iam wasting my time here. Thanks for nothing. Later
    As you have specified the files (the first being the webos 2.1.0 rootfs backup file, the second being the corrected boot tar files) in the previous post, now copy them to the 210 directory...
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    As you have specified the files in the previous post, now copy them to the 210 directory...
    Now your speaking in code? What files? Is there anyway I can get you to speak clearly as to what I need? You say to put webOS 2.1.0 rootfs file and the updated boot tar into the 210 dir yet I cant fint those files anywhere? I have noted two diffrent files ( e4014e63a755ac02a63478047ad21d7e.tgz and fixi files) so I have no idea as to what you are talking about? Please is there ANYONE who can (will) help me???
  12.    #32  
    Now your speaking in code? What files? Is there anyway I can get you to speak clearly as to what I need? You say to put webOS 2.1.0 rootfs file and the updated boot tar into the 210 dir yet I cant fint those files anywhere? I have noted two diffrent files ( e4014e63a755ac02a63478047ad21d7e.tgz and fixi files) so I have no idea as to what you are talking about? Please is there ANYONE who can (will) help me???
    The files I have mentioned in the posts are the files you have mentioned... They are one in the same... Not sure why this is difficult the rootfs file is the log hex number file, and the boot file is the other...

As I have already mentioned I do not have the distribution rights to distribute the files, I can mention they exist and you have them and you need to copy them to the 210 in three posts now... I am trying to stay out of a legal issues of copyrighted code and distribution rights... Sorry I am not trying to be difficult.
    Last edited by John Steffes; 03/25/2012 at 10:26 AM.
    Thanks for clearing that up. As noobs we have no way of knowing the diffrent names you oldtimers use for these files. Iam now trying to run the super verizon script and I get the following error Permission denied?
  14.    #34  
    Thanks for clearing that up. As noobs we have no way of knowing the diffrent names you oldtimers use for these files. Iam now trying to run the super verizon script and I get the following error Permission denied?
    Without a copy of the below txt files and a copy of your command line I can't help.

It is very hard to see what you are seeing without logs.

oldtimers? hum, I guess, i have been in the computer business for 33+ years, in linux/unix the main drive is / (root), and in windows it is C:\ (normally; this can be changed) so if one has a full backup of their drive (rootfs) being root file system. Which is what someone shared their backup file of their PIXI, and then Nuttybunny shared a corrected boot file. Neither of these I have rights to distribute!

When there are errors:

Thanks for testing this process, and please report all issues discovered even if everything worked...
    As noobs we have no way of knowing the diffrent names you oldtimers use for these files.
    Damn kids!
    webOS Ports' UI Architect & luna-sysmgr guru.
    Iam lost. (can you tell lol) I cant find a txt file called superpixi.txt? in the pixiplus-p121eww-verizon-1.4.5.1 dir I have a 210 sudir and a doctor subdir but the doctor dir has nothing in it at all? Should the doctor sudir be in the 210 subdir? There is a txt file in the 210 subdir called PIXIBLD.TXT. I dont know how to copy the terminal command line so Ill type it:
    merlin@ubuntu:~$ cd meta-doctor
    merlin@ubuntu:~/meta-doctor$ ./scripts/super-verizon-pixiplus-2.1.0
    bash: ./scripts/super-verizon-pixiplus-2.1.0: Permission denied
    merlin@ubuntu:~/meta-doctor$

Do you need the txt file PIXIBLD.TXT?
    Last edited by dmerlin; 03/25/2012 at 11:23 AM. Reason: proof reading fixes lol
    if you need it here it is:
    rm -rf build/build-verizon-pixiplus-2.1.0
    DEVICE = pixiplus
    CARRIER = verizon
    VERSION = 1.4.5.1
    CUSTOM_CARRIER_TARBALL = carrier.tar
    CUSTOM_XML = pixie.xml
    CUSTOM_BUILD_INFO = palm-build-info
    CUSTOM_WEBOS_DMSET = 312
    CUSTOM_CARRIER_DMSET = 674
    CUSTOM_BOOTLOGO = scripts/BootLogo.tga
    CUSTOM_ROOTFS = rootfs.tar.gz
    make unpack patch pack
    make[1]: Entering directory `/home/merlin/meta-doctor'
    rm -rf build/build-verizon-pixiplus-2.1.0
    mkdir -p build/build-verizon-pixiplus-2.1.0
    cp downloads/webosdoctorp121ewwverizonwireless-1.4.5.1.jar build/build-verizon-pixiplus-2.1.0/webosdoctorp121ewwverizonwireless-1.4.5.1.jar
    ( cd build/build-verizon-pixiplus-2.1.0 ; \
    unzip -q webosdoctorp121ewwverizonwireless-1.4.5.1.jar META-INF/MANIFEST.MF com/* \
    resources/webOS.tar resources/recoverytool.config )
    unzip -q webosdoctorp121ewwverizonwireless-1.4.5.1.jar resources/verizon.tar )
    cp carrier.tar build/build-verizon-pixiplus-2.1.0/resources/verizon.tar
    mkdir -p build/build-verizon-pixiplus-2.1.0/webOS
    tar -C build/build-verizon-pixiplus-2.1.0/webOS \
    -f build/build-verizon-pixiplus-2.1.0/resources/webOS.tar -x
    cp rootfs.tar.gz build/build-verizon-pixiplus-2.1.0/webOS/nova-cust-image-pixie.rootfs.tar.gz
    cp pixie.xml build/build-verizon-pixiplus-2.1.0/webOS/pixie.xml
    cp scripts/BootLogo.tga build/build-verizon-pixiplus-2.1.0/webOS/BootLogo.tga
    mkdir -p build/build-verizon-pixiplus-2.1.0/carrier
    tar -f build/build-verizon-pixiplus-2.1.0/resources/verizon.tar -t \
    > build/build-verizon-pixiplus-2.1.0/carrier-file-list.txt
    tar -C build/build-verizon-pixiplus-2.1.0/carrier \
    -f build/build-verizon-pixiplus-2.1.0/resources/verizon.tar -x
    gunzip -f build/build-verizon-pixiplus-2.1.0/webOS/nova-cust-image-pixie.rootfs.tar.gz
    mkdir -p build/build-verizon-pixiplus-2.1.0/rootfs
    tar -C build/build-verizon-pixiplus-2.1.0/rootfs --wildcards \
    -f build/build-verizon-pixiplus-2.1.0/webOS/nova-cust-image-pixie.rootfs.tar \
    -x ./usr/lib/ipkg/info
    rm -f build/build-verizon-pixiplus-2.1.0/ipkgs-file-list.txt
    for package in com.palm.app.firstuse palmbuildinfo ; do \
    if [ -f build/build-verizon-pixiplus-2.1.0/rootfs/usr/lib/ipkg/info/$package.list ] ; then \
    cat build/build-verizon-pixiplus-2.1.0/rootfs/usr/lib/ipkg/info/$package.list | \
    sed -e 's|^|.|' >> build/build-verizon-pixiplus-2.1.0/ipkgs-file-list.txt ; \
    fi ; \
    done
    -x -T build/build-verizon-pixiplus-2.1.0/ipkgs-file-list.txt ./boot ./lib/modules ./md5sums*
    cp palm-build-info build/build-verizon-pixiplus-2.1.0/rootfs/etc/palm-build-info
    touch build/build-verizon-pixiplus-2.1.0/.unpacked
    rm -f build/build-verizon-pixiplus-2.1.0/.patched
    [ -d patches/webos-1.4.5.1 ]
    mv build/build-verizon-pixiplus-2.1.0/rootfs/usr/lib/ipkg/info/$package.md5sums build/build-verizon-pixiplus-2.1.0/rootfs/usr/lib/ipkg/info/$package.md5sums.old ; \
    ( cd build/build-verizon-pixiplus-2.1.0/rootfs ; \
    cat ./usr/lib/ipkg/info/$package.list | sed -e 's|^|.|' | \
    xargs -I '{}' find '{}' -type f -prune -print | xargs md5sum ) \
    > build/build-verizon-pixiplus-2.1.0/rootfs/usr/lib/ipkg/info/$package.md5sums.new ; \
    ./scripts/replace-md5sums.py \
    build/build-verizon-pixiplus-2.1.0/rootfs/usr/lib/ipkg/info/$package.md5sums.old build/build-verizon-pixiplus-2.1.0/rootfs/usr/lib/ipkg/info/$package.md5sums.new \
    > build/build-verizon-pixiplus-2.1.0/rootfs/usr/lib/ipkg/info/$package.md5sums ; \
    rm -f build/build-verizon-pixiplus-2.1.0/rootfs/usr/lib/ipkg/info/$package.md5sums.old build/build-verizon-pixiplus-2.1.0/rootfs/usr/lib/ipkg/info/$package.md5sums.new ; \
    done
    if [ -f build/build-verizon-pixiplus-2.1.0/rootfs/md5sums.gz ] ; then \
    gunzip -c < build/build-verizon-pixiplus-2.1.0/rootfs/md5sums.gz > build/build-verizon-pixiplus-2.1.0/rootfs/md5sums ; \
    fi
    mv build/build-verizon-pixiplus-2.1.0/rootfs/md5sums build/build-verizon-pixiplus-2.1.0/rootfs/md5sums.old
    ( cd build/build-verizon-pixiplus-2.1.0/rootfs ; find . -type f | xargs md5sum ) \
    > build/build-verizon-pixiplus-2.1.0/rootfs/md5sums.new
    ./scripts/replace-md5sums.py build/build-verizon-pixiplus-2.1.0/rootfs/md5sums.old build/build-verizon-pixiplus-2.1.0/rootfs/md5sums.new > \
    build/build-verizon-pixiplus-2.1.0/rootfs/md5sums
    rm -f build/build-verizon-pixiplus-2.1.0/rootfs/md5sums.old build/build-verizon-pixiplus-2.1.0/rootfs/md5sums.new
    sed -i.orig -e 's/DMSet token="[^"]*"/DMSet token="312"/' \
    build/build-verizon-pixiplus-2.1.0/webOS/installer.xml
    rm -f build/build-verizon-pixiplus-2.1.0/webOS/installer.xml.orig
    sed -i.orig -e 's/DMSet token="[^"]*"/DMSet token="674"/' \
    build/build-verizon-pixiplus-2.1.0/carrier/installer.xml
    rm -f build/build-verizon-pixiplus-2.1.0/carrier/installer.xml.orig
    touch build/build-verizon-pixiplus-2.1.0/.patched
    rm -f build/build-verizon-pixiplus-2.1.0/.packed
    ( cd build/build-verizon-pixiplus-2.1.0/rootfs ; mkdir -p ./boot ./lib/modules ./var/luna/preferences ./var/gadget ./var/home/root ./var/preferences ./var/palm/data )
    rm -f build/build-verizon-pixiplus-2.1.0/ipkgs-file-list.txt
    cat build/build-verizon-pixiplus-2.1.0/rootfs/usr/lib/ipkg/info/$package.list | \
    sed -e 's|^|.|' >> build/build-verizon-pixiplus-2.1.0/ipkgs-file-list.txt ; \
    done
    if [ -f build/build-verizon-pixiplus-2.1.0/rootfs/md5sums.gz ] ; then \
    gzip -f build/build-verizon-pixiplus-2.1.0/rootfs/md5sums ; \
    fi
    --delete -T build/build-verizon-pixiplus-2.1.0/ipkgs-file-list.txt \
    ./usr/lib/ipkg/info ./boot ./lib/modules ./md5sums*
    ( cd build/build-verizon-pixiplus-2.1.0/rootfs ; \
    tar -f ../webOS/nova-cust-image-pixie.rootfs.tar \
    --numeric-owner --owner=0 --group=0 \
    --append -T ../ipkgs-file-list.txt \
    ./usr/lib/ipkg/info ./boot ./lib/modules ./var/luna/preferences ./var/gadget ./var/home/root ./var/preferences ./var/palm/data ./md5sums* )
    gzip -f build/build-verizon-pixiplus-2.1.0/webOS/nova-cust-image-pixie.rootfs.tar
    ( cd build/build-verizon-pixiplus-2.1.0/webOS ; \
    tar -f ../resources/webOS.tar \
    --numeric-owner --owner=0 --group=0 -h \
    -c . )
    sed -i.orig -e '/^Name: /d' -e '/^SHA1-Digest: /d' -e '/^ /d' -e '/^\n$/d' \
    build/build-verizon-pixiplus-2.1.0/META-INF/MANIFEST.MF
    zip -q -d webosdoctorp121ewwverizonwireless-1.4.5.1.jar META-INF/MANIFEST.MF META-INF/JARKEY.* \
    zip -q webosdoctorp121ewwverizonwireless-1.4.5.1.jar META-INF/MANIFEST.MF \
    ( cd build/build-verizon-pixiplus-2.1.0/carrier ; \
    tar -f ../resources/verizon.tar \
    --numeric-owner --owner=0 --group=0 -h \
    -c -T ../carrier-file-list.txt )
    zip -q -d webosdoctorp121ewwverizonwireless-1.4.5.1.jar resources/verizon.tar )
    zip -q webosdoctorp121ewwverizonwireless-1.4.5.1.jar resources/verizon.tar )

Your custom doctor file has been created at build/build-verizon-pixiplus-2.1.0/webosdoctorp121ewwverizonwireless-1.4.5.1.jar

touch build/build-verizon-pixiplus-2.1.0/.packed
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/merlin/meta-doctor'
    Seing how I dont have Permission to run the super-verizon script I dont think the super script made any error txt?
    And seeing how the first script worked I dont think the PIXIBLD.TXT will tell you anything? But what do I know Iam only a noob?
  19.    #39  
    Seing how I dont have Permission to run the super-verizon script I dont think the super script made any error txt?
    And seeing how the first script worked I dont think the PIXIBLD.TXT will tell you anything? But what do I know Iam only a noob?
    Normally to copy the command line one would select all and click copy (ctrl-a, ctrl-c) depends on your flavor of unix/linux used.

if you do not have permissions or the file is not set to X use chmod: chmod +x super-verizon-pixiplus-2.1.0
    this will add eXecute if it is not set. Again without a copy of the command line I am speculating...

And as far as the file you attached it looked like it built the build doctor fine?
    Last edited by John Steffes; 03/25/2012 at 11:48 AM.
    Cool (I think?) that seems to have worked? Now the script seems to be downloading something? Do you know what I didnt do or what I did wrong? By the way using ctrl-c wasnt a good idea when the script is running as it stopped the script? I reran it and it started again but where the first download was to be 200 meg it now says it is downloading 180 meg? I hope the download will be ok.
    Last edited by dmerlin; 03/25/2012 at 11:45 AM.
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast