Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415 LastLast
Results 241 to 260 of 286
Like Tree8Likes
  1. #241  
    I want to change icons, backgrounds some apps, for example: phone, laucher, email, etc..
  2.    #242  
    Quote Originally Posted by eugene300 View Post
    I want to change icons, backgrounds some apps, for example: phone, laucher, email, etc..
    As long as you know the location of the file, one can easily change any file from the existing to a new file

    One can use the following code to extract the module during the build process:

    $make VERSION=2.1.0 DEVICE=pixiplus CARRIER=verizon \
    EXTRA_ROOTFS_IPKGS="module-name" \
    EXTRA_ROOTFS_TARBALL=pixiapp.tar extract-rootfs-ipkgs >> superpixi.txt || exit

    Now replace module-name with the module you wish to extract, the list of modules are under meta-doctor/build/buildname/rootfs/usr/lib/ipkg/info/

    Now once can extract the tar, remove the files add their files, fix their md5sums...

    For instance look at how the Super scripts removes the old app-catalog and replaces it with webOS 2.2.4 version.

    Then when one wants to swap remember to add the module to the EXTRA_ROOTFS_IPKGS, but remember the existing Makefile will use the existing modules files under info to remove the originals first, so as long as you have the same name and then update the md5sums everything should be ok.

    You can always test on a device once the stock files are placed on the device and the doctor process is done, the md5sums are no longer used.
  3. #243  
    a simpler method is? for example, was originally in the script to set the path to the new design?
  4.    #244  
    Quote Originally Posted by eugene300 View Post
    a simpler method is? for example, was originally in the script to set the path to the new design?
    I do not understand the original script (Base Build) and this one are the same, the only difference is if a BootLogo.tga does not exist under the scripts directory the old script would error asking for someone to put it there, the new one no longer errors out, but extracts the HP BootLogo.tga from the webOS 2.1.2 build, to override copy a boot logo in the scripts directory of your choosing the logic then will find the BootLogo.tga and never extract the HP BootLogo.tga.

    Once you run the Super Script it will not extract, but as it requires the base script to function the BootLogo.tga will exist and the script will not error out.

    Again the intention of the base build is to build a webOS 2.1.0 Doctor as close as to the original doctor used to create the image that was released to the wild, the intention of the Super script is to update all JavaScript code (apps and frameworks) to the latest released for webOS 2.1.2 (the last version of webOS 2.1.x).

    As far as the ICON's, backgrounds and any other image, the original script never handled that, one can incorporate for their own purpose any logic to handle any file swap.
  5. #245  
    Can anyone give me the 2.1 pixi doctor wr (row) file as i am having a very old pc its hard for me install linux and carry out these steps
  6. #246  
    Quote Originally Posted by prashanth007 View Post
    Can anyone give me the 2.1 pixi doctor wr (row) file as i am having a very old pc its hard for me install linux and carry out these steps
    That's probably a no-no given the nature of this (besides copyrights, the fact that it was never intended for the general public).

    If anything, Linux would run better on your old PC than Windows, especially when using less resource intensive versions like kbuntu.
  7. #247  
    hi
    i have a doubt will the first script download all the doctors for 1.4.5. i am executing the wr script and its downloading the 2.1.0 wr doctor and 1.4.5 wr doctor so i thought its over now again its downloading 1.4.5.1 verizon doctor
  8. #248  
    v8 ?
  9.    #249  
    Quote Originally Posted by eugene300 View Post
    v8 ?
    Waiting for Open webOS?
  10. #250  
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    Waiting for Open webOS?
    yes
  11. deeg's Avatar
    Posts
    22 Posts
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    #251  
    does anyone have a doctor for sprint (cdma) pixi? er 2.0 or newer?? lemme kno ty =)
  12. #252  
    Quote Originally Posted by deeg View Post
    does anyone have a doctor for sprint (cdma) pixi? er 2.0 or newer?? lemme kno ty =)
    Do It Yourself
  13. #253  
    Quote Originally Posted by deeg View Post
    does anyone have a doctor for sprint (cdma) pixi? er 2.0 or newer?? lemme kno ty =)
    Please read the thread. This is DIY only. Moreover, even legal doctors must be downloaded only by the end user. Unmodified or modified doctors are not to be redistributed, as per license and copyrights.
  14. #254  
    Dear John Steffes!
    Can you make the kitchen to create the firmware? For example, for windose Mobile 6.5.

    To be able to add the software, packages from Preware, remove some software from the official firmware, etc.

    What do you think?

    p.s. v8 ?
  15.    #255  
    Quote Originally Posted by eugene300 View Post
    Dear John Steffes!
    Can you make the kitchen to create the firmware? For example, for windose Mobile 6.5.

    To be able to add the software, packages from Preware, remove some software from the official firmware, etc.

    What do you think?

    p.s. v8 ?
    Made a firmware with kitchen on the Sony Clie, the doctor process is different, it is not burning a eeprom, it is flashing a nand drive with various partitions. Which all are changeable. I can assist you if you want to make a script...

    FYI the meta doctor process has a procedure to remove modules...
    Last edited by John Steffes; 08/21/2012 at 02:42 PM.
  16. #256  
    John,

    I know why I should be using 2.x from a technical aspect (source level), but I'm quite afraid of having a 'stupid Sony PoS that never does anything right' if I do.

    What are the pros and cons in a nutshell if you feel like helping me out with my fencepost in the rear issue. I'd greatly appreciate it, as I don't have a PC, only my Pixi.

    P.S.: Onion reference above. I don't own a Sony handset.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pixi using Forums
    Proud user of a Palm Pre+ on T-Mobile running 1.4.5 in New Orleans, Louisiana
    --
    Need some help getting Odamex on WebOS
    Remember the bombardment of letters WebOS users hopefully sent to HP? Well, we need you again loyal users. Click and sign to entertain the slight notion of this petition reaching LG. The numbers rise daily, we need to keep going! Even if its slim to none, its better than doing nothing and complaining!
  17.    #257  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowflank View Post
    John,

    I know why I should be using 2.x from a technical aspect (source level), but I'm quite afraid of having a 'stupid Sony PoS that never does anything right' if I do.

    What are the pros and cons in a nutshell if you feel like helping me out with my fencepost in the rear issue. I'd greatly appreciate it, as I don't have a PC, only my Pixi.

    P.S.: Onion reference above. I don't own a Sony handset.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pixi using Forums
    As far as I use my Pixi Plus as a MP3 player, it works well with 2.1.0 Supered to webOS 2.1.2, this is a preference, not a have to.

    If webOS 1.4.5.x works, there is no reason to switch, the reason I did was to test the original install method, then to install via the doctor process.

    I never ran webOS 1.4.5.x on my Pixi Plus so I can not compare, but on my PrePlus webOS 1.4.5.x was slower, webOS 2.1.0 was faster. The UI was rewritten to compiled code making it harder to modify but faster.
    Last edited by John Steffes; 09/04/2012 at 12:31 PM.
  18. #258  
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    As far as I use my Pixi Plus as a MP3 player, it works well with 2.1.0 Supered to webOS 2.1.2, this is a preference, not a have to.

    If webOS 1.4.5.x works, there is no reason to switch, the reason I did was to test the original install method, then to install via the doctor process.

    I never ran webOS 1.4.5.x on my Pixi Plus so I can not compare, but on my PrePlus webOS 1.4.5.x was slower, webOS 2.1.0 was faster. The UI was rewritten to compiled code making it harder to modify but faster.
    Webos 2.x doesn't have prima scraps. 1.x does. Prima was mercer's early prototype for apple and was rather...well, bad.

    Even the jvm thingamabob mercer suggested was crap and resembled the brainfsck (censored) programming language. Although this was pretty hidden from end users and developers.

    This would explain why 2.x might be faster on a pre. Not to mention the pre seems to have a better core than the pixi.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pixi using Forums
    Proud user of a Palm Pre+ on T-Mobile running 1.4.5 in New Orleans, Louisiana
    --
    Need some help getting Odamex on WebOS
    Remember the bombardment of letters WebOS users hopefully sent to HP? Well, we need you again loyal users. Click and sign to entertain the slight notion of this petition reaching LG. The numbers rise daily, we need to keep going! Even if its slim to none, its better than doing nothing and complaining!
  19. #259  
    Updates will not be?
  20.    #260  
    Quote Originally Posted by eugene300 View Post
    Updates will not be?
    As Open webOS was released to beta, one can compile the components for armv6, copy the binary to the Pixi/PixiPlus, but as Open webOS does not do anything at this time, there is no point at the time.

    There was also attempts to bring LunaCE to other devices but it needs other webOS 3.0.5 components (which some are part of Open webOS).

    I will wait at this time to see what shakes out with the release of 1.0 to make up my mind... But one could attempt a swap build...

Posting Permissions