Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
    Well, I just flashed to 1.4.5 and my profile loaded fine, its weird because when I had 2.1 using wifi only it worked fine as well...
    has any one else experienced the facebook sync problems I mentioned earlier?
    has anyone had luck with overclocking?
  4.    #224  
    Quote Originally Posted by nlaskoski2009 View Post
    has anyone had luck with overclocking?
    There is no released ROM patch from HP/Palm for the Pixi (Chuck CPU) for webOS 2.1.0, and I have heard others have tried the webOS 1.4.5.x ROMs and they did not work well, so unless someone wants to re-invent the wheel and take the differences between webOS 2.10 (from the Palm Pre/Pre2/Veer) and change the webOS 1.4.5.x patched ROM to work... This is doable just not an easy method...

Of course, HP/PALM could release webOS 2.2.x for all devices that would be better... But I am dreaming... HP/Palm will loose market share to canning the Mobile market and putting all there bets on Windows 8... HP might be a has been if they do not watch out... The mobile market is projected to skyrocket, take over netbooks, and PC's... Windows 8 might be cool to some, but with Microsoft going back to the stone ages locking tablets to boot only their OS, they will alien all the Android/webOS/Jailbroke iOS, but what do I know...
    Still running better then my stock pixi. As long as I reboot every so offten this runs great. Great work John thanks again.
    I'm interested in upgrading my Verizon PixiPlus from 1.45.1 to 2.1.
    A few comments:
    1.The Meta Doctor instructions at:
    Application:MetaDoctor - WebOS Internals
    include expired links for installing java JRE 6. Needs updated instructions for installing JRE 7, and directly from Oracle, instead of the questionable (and non-working) "ferramroberto" link.
    2. HP has fired their WebOS paid employees, so hoping for any further updates (directly from HP) seems futile.
    3. Question: is there any remaining (decade old) BeOS code remaining in WebOS?
    Could there be any "source code" left over from BeOS that would be of any value?
  7.    #227  
    Quote Originally Posted by rvail317 View Post
    I'm interested in upgrading my Verizon PixiPlus from 1.45.1 to 2.1.
    A few comments:
    1.The Meta Doctor instructions at:
    Application:MetaDoctor - WebOS Internals
    include expired links for installing java JRE 6. Needs updated instructions for installing JRE 7, and directly from Oracle, instead of the questionable (and non-working) "ferramroberto" link.
    2. HP has fired their WebOS paid employees, so hoping for any further updates (directly from HP) seems futile.
    3. Question: is there any remaining (decade old) BeOS code remaining in WebOS?
    Could there be any "source code" left over from BeOS that would be of any value?
    1) I used a mac, but others have used Unix type (linux, Darwin, bsd, etc...). Use the latest java run time (follow HP/Palms directions).
    2) They let a lot of webOS people go, mostly hardware, and a lot of webOS people left, but we are waiting for Open webOS, which might be able to be compiled to armv6. Wait and see...
    3) As far as I have read no BEOS code was ever used in webOS, they started with a java run time, but then jumped to webkit.
    @John Steffes:
    The problem with following the linked "Meta Doctor instructions" occurs with a HD installed Ubuntu 12.04 64-bit + all available system updates. Followed the Terminal commands exactly as given, and the JRE 6 installation fails.
    Quote Originally Posted by rvail317 View Post
    @John Steffes:
    The problem with following the linked "Meta Doctor instructions" occurs with a HD installed Ubuntu 12.04 64-bit + all available system updates. Followed the Terminal commands exactly as given, and the JRE 6 installation fails.
    you need to download and install JRE 7.

You can install it directly from java here:

http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

but ive found the easiest way to do it is here

Duinsoft Webdesign - packages

follow the instructions on the right for repository
    v7? Waaaaauuuuuuu
    I want to build the firmware with the modified design: icons, wallpaper, etc..
    using the script super-verizon-pixiplus-2.1.0
    in which folder do I change the original icons, wallpaper?
    help please, what I must to do?

:~/meta-doctor$ /home/i/meta-doctor/scripts/super-verizon-pixiplus-2.1.0
    Due to changes made to HP Cloud Services, this script may no longer work.
    DEVICE = pixiplus
    CARRIER = verizon
    VERSION = 2.1.0
    BYPASS_FIRST_USE_APP = 1
    ENABLE_DEVELOPER_MODE = 1
    ENABLE_BETA_FEEDS = 1
    DISABLE_UPLOAD_DAEMON = 1
    DISABLE_UPDATE_DAEMON = 0
    SWAP_PARTITION_SIZE = 512MB
    CUSTOM_BOOTLOGO = scripts/BootLogo.tga

Your custom doctor file will be created at build/super-verizon-pixiplus-2.1.0/webosdoctorp121pixiplus-verizon-2.1.0.jar

Not prepared for Super webOS 2.1.0 build
    Please run the Build Doctor first
  13.    #233  
    Quote Originally Posted by eugene300 View Post
    help please, what I must to do?

:~/meta-doctor$ /home/i/meta-doctor/scripts/super-verizon-pixiplus-2.1.0
    Due to changes made to HP Cloud Services, this script may no longer work.
    DEVICE = pixiplus
    CARRIER = verizon
    VERSION = 2.1.0
    BYPASS_FIRST_USE_APP = 1
    ENABLE_DEVELOPER_MODE = 1
    ENABLE_BETA_FEEDS = 1
    DISABLE_UPLOAD_DAEMON = 1
    DISABLE_UPDATE_DAEMON = 0
    SWAP_PARTITION_SIZE = 512MB
    CUSTOM_BOOTLOGO = scripts/BootLogo.tga

Your custom doctor file will be created at build/super-verizon-pixiplus-2.1.0/webosdoctorp121pixiplus-verizon-2.1.0.jar

Not prepared for Super webOS 2.1.0 build
    Please run the Build Doctor first
    It is telling you to run the first script, as it expects the build doctor to be ran first.
    and which is the first script?
    do not understand anything
    new Linux
    there is
    /home/i/meta-doctor/build/pixiplus-p121eww-verizon-1.4.5.1/210/e4014e63a755ac02a63478047ad21d7e.tar

/home/i/meta-doctor/build/pixiplus-p121eww-verizon-1.4.5.1/210/fixi.tar

first run the script, downloaded 4 official firmware (*.jar) in downloads

it's all
    do not understand anything
    new Linux
    there is
    /home/i/meta-doctor/build/pixiplus-p121eww-verizon-1.4.5.1/210/e4014e63a755ac02a63478047ad21d7e.tar

/home/i/meta-doctor/build/pixiplus-p121eww-verizon-1.4.5.1/210/fixi.tar

first run the script, downloaded 4 official firmware (*.jar) in downloads

it's all
    If you don't understand Linux and are new to it, than don't do this. You need some commandline experience and if you screw this part up, than you can brick your phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman97 View Post
    If you don't understand Linux and are new to it, than don't do this. You need some commandline experience and if you screw this part up, than you can brick your phone.
    please read my previous posts, realize that Linux is not new to me.

I have already made ​​some firmware.

Here's another situation: I moved to a new Linux, copied the entire folder and this error is a mystery to me, so please help here.
  18.    #238  
    and which is the first script?
    The first script would be for Verizon, build-verizon-pixiplus-2.1.0, then one can run the second script which for Verizon, super-verizon-pixiplus-2.1.0.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    The first script would be for Verizon, build-verizon-pixiplus-2.1.0, then one can run the second script which for Verizon, super-verizon-pixiplus-2.1.0.
    thx, it's work! You great man!

What about my post #231 ?
    please.
  20.    #240  
    thx, it's work! You great man!

What about my post #231 ?
    please.
    This is the quote on #231:

I want to build the firmware with the modified design: icons, wallpaper, etc..
    using the script super-verizon-pixiplus-2.1.0
    in which folder do I change the original icons, wallpaper?
    The BootLogo is the only thing that can be changed by the build script as is.

It will look for a TGA called "BootLogo.tga" in the meta-doctor/scripts directory, if it does not find one it will pull the HP logo out of the Veer webOS 2.1.2 build and use that.

But one can use any BootLogo they wish as long as it fits the BootLogo Specifications (Dimensions of 200x200, ~160kb, tga format, and called BootLogo.tga).

That does not mean one can not alter the script (rename to another and update it for their own purpose), and if you want you can also take the script from GITHUB and updated it and send it to webOSInternals to improve it.

Now what ICON's, wallpaper do you wish to add/remove?

Quote Originally Posted by bassman97 View Post
    From my understanding of the Pixi/PlxiPlus one can not Brick the device, unless during the doctor build, the partition tables are already messed up, or the boot loader gets corrupted, as it does get updated to the latest webOS 1.4.5.x version, I am not using the webOS 2.1.0 version as it is a diagnostic version and has a command line GUI to it (on the device), and the firmware to the modem is CDMA (for this case Verizon), of which is pulled from webOS 1.4.5.x, So unless the normal doctor process fails which can happen, but unlikely, one would just have to re-run the doctor to try again.

The TouchPanel does not need updating and there, is no A6 chip to mess with, besides, the partition tables and the Boot Loader, TouchPanel Firmware, and Modem Firmware, I do not see how a Pixi/PixiPlus can get bricked, which again if the normal doctor process fails which can happen, but unlikely one would just have to re-doctor. Now a Touchpad, Pre3, and Veer all have an A6 chips and I have read each being bricked, due to this great chip.

I have studied the process and I am concerned that I might have missed an issue, so please enlighten me as I would like to document in which part of this process can cause a Pixi/PixiPlus to be bricked.
    Last edited by John Steffes; 07/23/2012 at 09:13 AM.