Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Hi, I have a (beautiful) Motorola Atrix. I got this phone as a gift, and I love it, but I need to ride the train & subways every day here in Buenos Aires, and both terminals of the train line aren't very nice (the one I get off on is a block away from a ghetto -more like brasilian favellas), so it's common to see thiefs (as in a bunch of guys that you know would rob you if they had the chance) on the train, they'll even come up to you and start picking a fight, and you can see many of them trying to figure out if you might have anything of value on you, or where you keep your wallet, etc.

Because of this, I don't really wan't to have to pop out my Atrix on the train if I need to make a call or something, so I've been thinking of getting a spare phone, one that won't make me feel nervous all the time. Browsing newegg, I see that one of the cheapest unlocked phones is the Palm Pixi Plus! I have a TouchPad, so I have experience with WebOS (at least 3.x), and I have a couple of apps purchased (althou they're probably not compatible with 1.x). I hate the browser, lack of apps, lack of facebook chat, facebook app, etc, but LOVE the interface and customization. Anyhow, I'm thinking of getting the Pixi Plus as a backup phone, and have a couple questions:

1. How can I receive calls on it? Can it work as a USB headset, ala HP Touchpad? Or could I use the call forwarding built into Android (maybe it's carrier provided, I don't know, I'd have to see if there are aditional charges...). I just tried the call forwarding, it works great, easy to setup and failsafe.

2. Are there any updates for the Pixi Plus? Or is it stuck at 1.x?

4. I can activate it in the US, since I have a friend (the same one that would be bringing it to me) going there next week. Is this what should be done, for the App Store to work, etc?
    Last edited by adriangb; 03/08/2012 at 09:52 PM.