1.    #1  
    Hello there, I have been trying to work on webos doctor for the Verizon Palm Pixi Plus to no avail. I am actually trying to strip it down so that all of the Phone functions are removed, voice dialing, mail, maps, VZ Navigator and Amazon Mp3. I tried a bit earlier removing the verizon apps in the doctor. But I cant seem to actually delete everything else.

My goal is to turn my Palm Pixi Plus it a media player for videos, music and web browsing. That is what I use it for anyway. Has anybody tried this or is anybody willing to help?

I would very much appreciate. thank you, and look forward to hearing your thoughts, on making the pixi plus a sort of ipod touch.
    i'd be interested in hearing some crazy ideas come from this thread.

i have two spare pre's lying around and would be interested in doing the same.

honestly i don't think it's possible, until open webos 1.0
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

daisukeumon, I'll be paying attention to your progress. You're talking music player without activation right? I remember seeing a thread on that here and one, I think, on Howard forums.
    You plug your phone in?
    Quote Originally Posted by woosh View Post
    daisukeumon, I'll be paying attention to your progress. You're talking music player without activation right? I remember seeing a thread on that here and one, I think, on Howard forums.
    why strip it of the apps? You can remove all the apps using the meta doctor process just remove the modules using delete_rootfs_ipks. But if you are going to have app catalog access then just use the bypass_activation, enable_developer_mode, disable_modem_update, create a WiFi profile back it up using novaterm then install in via install_wifi_profiles then you can log into your webOS acct...

I did this on my Pixi plus goto page 70 of the webOS 2.1 Pixi effort official thread and you can read what I did... Works great..
    I am trying to do this now too except I want to keep apps. I got this Pre for Verizon on ebay for like $25 so I figured what the heck i'll have some fun with it. I manged to bypass the activation and am trying to get access to the app market but it wont let me. Is it because I am not connected to Verizons network? My wifi is on and I can browse the web.
    Quote Originally Posted by knicks2030 View Post
    I am trying to do this now too except I want to keep apps. I got this Pre for Verizon on ebay for like $25 so I figured what the heck i'll have some fun with it. I manged to bypass the activation and am trying to get access to the app market but it wont let me. Is it because I am not connected to Verizons network? My wifi is on and I can browse the web.
    I have a verizon pixi that I use for just wifi. I have full access to the app market. You need to tell us what steps youve taken before we can help you.