1.    #1  
    I'm a total noob to the the Pixi plus and WebOS. I have tried searching the forum for a solution but I guess I am not phrasing my search correctly. I keep finding posts about phones with the opposite problem. Anyway, I just go my Pixi a few weeks ago and everything has been fine until now. Now, for some reason, the phone will not turn off. It will just restart. I found the HP support article "My WebOS device won't sleep or turn off" but none of the recommended actions resolved the problem. the only way I can successfully turn it off is by pulling the battery. Do I need to factory reset my phone and reactivate? Anyone have other suggestions or a solution?

Thanks!
    Unfortunately your best option would be to backup everything and doctor the device, this should sort the problem. If not pop back and let us know.

Dave
    Proud webOS supporter!
    My Palm history: Vx, Centro, Pre-, Pre 2, Veer, Pre 3, Touchpad 32Gb & Panda Veer
  3.    #3  
    Thanks. That is kind of what I figured would be the next step. I'll give it a try.
    No problem, let us know how it goes.

Dave
    Proud webOS supporter!
    My Palm history: Vx, Centro, Pre-, Pre 2, Veer, Pre 3, Touchpad 32Gb & Panda Veer
  5.    #5  
    The doctor procedure went ok and the phone now seems to be shutting down properly. Hopefully this was just a one time problem with firmware and wont be a recurring issue.
    Glad that sorted the problem for you, a number of things can cause stuff like that to happen, its just a part of life with technology I'm afraid.
    It could have been anything from a shutdown that hadn't completed properly for some reason, software not correctly loaded during a previous doctoring or even a patch from somewhere that didn't install correctly.

Dave

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    Proud webOS supporter!