1.    #1  
    I've decided to post this here as palm tech support has failed miserably to help me.

When I tried to change a hotmail password, pixi would not allow it, "authentication failed".
    I removed the account to add back with new password. Pixi won't allow that either.
    I've ran WebOS Dr, and tried again, no luck.
    I ran "secure wipe" at the request of a palm tech.
    I've reset the password to the old password, and it will work. This is not acceptable as my computer was compromised, necessitating the password change.
    I've added other hotmail accounts, and was able to change the passwords with no problems.
    I've tried adding/removing/changing/you-name-it and I cannot get my original hotmail account to work with the new(or any other than the compromised) password.
    This all points to a database problem, as those are re-loaded when the palm profile is recovered.

My question is: how can I get rid of an old email account entry that the account manager failed to remove?

I have decent computer skills. I can change sql db when they are simple enough. I know how to use a command line, windows and *nix, 20 years in win, 15 in *nix. You can throw me something technical and I should be able to figure it out. If not, I have no problems asking more questions.

Thank you all for reading!
    Try changing the password using manual setup. Enter both the incoming and outgoing (SMTP) password fields when changing the password.

You might also try switching to manual sync and then waiting ~15 minutes before changing the password since the Hotmail POP server sometimes rejects logins if there's too many connection attempts in a 15 minute window.
    Can you try verifying that you can save or change ANYTHING on your pixi? Try taking a picture, creating a memo, saving a file off the web, and/or something similar, and see if what you created/saved is still there after powering the phone off and back on.

The reason I ask you to try this is because if even a secure erase didnt wipe the phone, there could be something broken with the flash ram controller hardware in your phone such that it can still read data, but no longer write data.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by greenoyster View Post
    Try changing the password using manual setup. Enter both the incoming and outgoing (SMTP) password fields when changing the password.

You might also try switching to manual sync and then waiting ~15 minutes before changing the password since the Hotmail POP server sometimes rejects logins if there's too many connection attempts in a 15 minute window.
    Done that, not working
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by sq5 View Post
    Can you try verifying that you can save or change ANYTHING on your pixi? Try taking a picture, creating a memo, saving a file off the web, and/or something similar, and see if what you created/saved is still there after powering the phone off and back on.

The reason I ask you to try this is because if even a secure erase didnt wipe the phone, there could be something broken with the flash ram controller hardware in your phone such that it can still read data, but no longer write data.
    Nothing else fails. Nothing. Add/delete other email accounts, even other @hotmail. Pics no prob, neither is installing apps, memos, saving files, etc. All my other email accounts work and allow me to change the password with no problems.

The problem seems to lie in the database. The database is restored every time the palm profile is recovered. I don't know the location of that database, but if given such I could probably fix it.
    Quote Originally Posted by heyhowyadoin View Post
    Nothing else fails. Nothing. Add/delete other email accounts, even other @hotmail. Pics no prob, neither is installing apps, memos, saving files, etc. All my other email accounts work and allow me to change the password with no problems.

The problem seems to lie in the database. The database is restored every time the palm profile is recovered. I don't know the location of that database, but if given such I could probably fix it.
    Ok at least it probably is just a database issue then. You may want to double check, but I think the database you're looking for is the PalmDatabase.db3 file. Here is the page with some info about it: PalmDatabase.db3 File - WebOS Internals

It looks like you can use sqlite to work with it, so if you're familiar with sql, thats good.
  7.    #7  
    Unbelievably, and probably magically this worked:
    1> change to old password using PC
    2> add account on phone
    3> restart
    4> remove account from phone
    5> restart
    6> change password on PC
    7> add account back to phone

It worked! I'd tried that before, just without step 3
    Puzzling.