Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    I have an extra pixi that i wanted to give to my husband that was previously used on PP (then deactivated when I thought it had been misplaced).I deleted my default gmail account on the phone, then added his. The phone reset and now it appears that it was factory reset somehow, as it wants me to add a new Palm profile. Problem is,when the phone came on, Wifi wasn't turned on and I can't seem to get to the Wifi activation app in order to create the Palm profile. Swiping backwards to temporarily get out of the palm profile setup steps does nothing, neither does pulling down the Wifi app in the top right. I tried rebooting, but again it just enters directly into the Palm Profile step and I am stuck again.
    Anyone know how I can get Wifi activated so I can create a Palm profile for my husband?
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    yeah - you cant activate on wifi, needs a data connection. there is a way to bypass this and the following thread can help you out Using Pixi Without Carrier Plan

i activated and created 3 new profiles for pixi's for my kids, that way thy have music players, cameras and video players and recorders plus games. also nice web-browser on wifi.

i didnt wanna mess with all the bypass activation stuff so skip to post #19 and it will start talking about activation on page plus. i bought $10 worth of data and activated each phone. that seemed the easiest way for me to do it
    You can build a meta doctor with the --wifi-only switch or use the bypass activation tool (devicetool.jar).
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Well, if i have a PP account already, if i reactivate this Pixi on my account as a replacement for my current pixi, then I can enable Wifi, right? then I can switch phones back again and all should be good?