1.    #1  
    Hey Everyone.

I'm in Australia with an unlocked Pre Plus, and I've been using it fine for a while, but now I want to enable GPRS. So I told my carrier to enable it, and they sent me a bunch of steps. I don't know how to input the information they provided into the phone, or which parts are needed. With my newer webos phones (which are on better carriers), I just enter an internet APN and the username and password. This network sent me this:

Dear Customer,

Please refer to settings below for manual configuration:

GPRS SETTING

1. Homepage: networker.optus.net.au/wap/index.wml
    2. APN: Postpaid wap.optus.net.au
    3. Gateway/Proxy IP Address: 202.139.83.152
    4. Port for WAP 1 handsets: 9201 - non secure
    9203 - secure
    5. Port for WAP 2 (newer) handsets: 8070

Please restart your phone after you have configured it.

What do I put into my Pre Plus (1.4.5) and where?

Thanks
    Palm m105 >> Zire 72SE >> AT&T Pre Plus >> Pre 2 (cracked)>>HP Veer/Pre 2>>Touchpad>>Pre 3...and I'm only 17 years old! (My own savings)
    Quote Originally Posted by Editor02 View Post
    Hey Everyone.

I'm in Australia with an unlocked Pre Plus, and I've been using it fine for a while, but now I want to enable GPRS. So I told my carrier to enable it, and they sent me a bunch of steps. I don't know how to input the information they provided into the phone, or which parts are needed. With my newer webos phones (which are on better carriers), I just enter an internet APN and the username and password. This network sent me this:

Dear Customer,

Please refer to settings below for manual configuration:

GPRS SETTING

1. Homepage: networker.optus.net.au/wap/index.wml
    2. APN: Postpaid wap.optus.net.au
    3. Gateway/Proxy IP Address: 202.139.83.152
    4. Port for WAP 1 handsets: 9201 - non secure
    9203 - secure
    5. Port for WAP 2 (newer) handsets: 8070

Please restart your phone after you have configured it.

What do I put into my Pre Plus (1.4.5) and where?

Thanks
    I dont get it, why do you need GPRS for? Dont your carrier support 3G? Just enter the settings for data (APN & Password). If there's no 3G coverage in your area, the phone will switch back to EDGE
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Vity Traff View Post
    I dont get it, why do you need GPRS for? Dont your carrier support 3G? Just enter the settings for data (APN & Password). If there's no 3G coverage in your area, the phone will switch back to EDGE
    I don't get it either. Its a cheap carrier because this phone is for my 12 year old sister. My carrier gave me a APN and it was good as gold.

I asked this carrier to enable data, they said they turned it on, and here is the information they gave me :/ What should I do!?
    Palm m105 >> Zire 72SE >> AT&T Pre Plus >> Pre 2 (cracked)>>HP Veer/Pre 2>>Touchpad>>Pre 3...and I'm only 17 years old! (My own savings)
    Here's a link for australian carriers APN:APNs | Ausdroid .Did you try the autoconfig? Otherwise you have to enable manual config and then choose change network config for manual input
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Vity Traff View Post
    Here's a link for australian carriers APN:APNs | Ausdroid .Did you try the autoconfig? Otherwise you have to enable manual config and then choose change network config for manual input
    Its on auto-detect network, but manual settings for data etc.
    I eventually got the "G" Icon in the top corner to provide me with data with the APN: yesinternet

However "G" is really slow. I guess I just have to pick my battles, maybe the Pre Plus isn't compatible with the 3G of that network.

My sister is only 12, so no need for her to have super fast net, just so long as if she really badly needs it, she can get to something.

Thanks for your help

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums