Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By nattysinister
  1.    #1  
    hello everyone,

I just bought an unlocked at&t pixi plus and it just works like a charm except for sending messages.
    It does not send sms/mms but is receiving them without any problem.
    I could make/receive a call,use internet and everything but this sms problem doesn't seem to go.
    So please someone help me sort this out.

Other information:
    I have done a full erase/hard reset but had no change.
    I am using it in india with vodafone network but it doesn't work on airtel too(I have tried it with these networks only).
    I recently installed couple of patches using preware.

AND SORRY FOR SHOUTING
    But there is something really weird that i noticed.

I don't have sms account configured on my phone i.e,

Messaging>Preferences and accounts>Accounts>sms accounts
    The sms account option is greyed out and i can not avail it.
    I guess that's the problem.

So please someone help me out as soon as possible.

Thanks a lot in advance.
    So, your phone number doesn't show up as an account?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  3.    #3  
    Well i think i got this.

Only my sim is unable to send messages from this phone probably because it is too old all other sims are working just fine.
    but there is another way to look at it i.e. only this phone does not support my sim every other phone does it without any flaws.
    SO neither the phone company neither the network provider are helping both are blaming each other.

SO what i am trying to do is to get a new sim and that will take 3 or 4 days time i will update after that.

Btw thanks for showing interest.
    I was just wondering what the problem was i.e, more than 50 views and not even a single reply.
  4.    #4  
    Well everything is fine now sim is working
    I just got it changed from voda store.
    If i buy an unlocked palm pixi + with no data plan(tmobile) and I bypass the activation is it true that I Will lose calls/sms? Does this only apply to the cdma version? ALso, If i set up the palm account by borrowing a data plan sim from a friend, and then swaping out with my no data plan sim,will it allow me to get sms/calls? PLEASE HELP ME I HAVE BEEN ON ALOT OF WEBSITES AND HAVE GOTTEN NO REPLYS.
  6.    #6  
    Well First of all i think you are not getting the concept right.
    An unlocked phone should work directly with your sim just as a normal phone.
    And in case of cdma phones there might be a small procedure of activating and that is usually very easy For e.g. in India the activation no. is *228 (or something like that) for reliance.

The person or company selling the phone should definitely know about that just contact them before buying.

SO if u buy an 'unlocked' phone from a trusted company such as amazon than chances of messing up really less.

And at last
    Go for your PIXI without worrying It's a brilliant smartphone without that hefty pricetag.
    Geotwin likes this.
    Hi Nattysinister

I live in Jamaica and I just bought the unlocked GSM Palm Pixie Pluse (at&T). I haven't received it yet but I plan to use it on the Digicel network. Will it work fine out of the box? I have read a lot about bypass activation and webOS doctor etc. Will I need to do all those things for it to work with my carrier?
    Thanks for your post, it helped to clarify a lot for me.
    Last edited by Geotwin; 11/26/2011 at 06:27 AM. Reason: add details
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Geotwin View Post
    Hi Nattysinister

I live in Jamaica and I just bought the unlocked GSM Palm Pixie Pluse (at&T). I haven't received it yet but I plan to use it on the Digicel network. Will it work fine out of the box? I have read a lot about bypass activation and webOS doctor etc. Will I need to do all those things for it to work with my carrier?
    Thanks for your post, it helped to clarify a lot for me.
    well Geotwin I am relly glad that I was able to help you in some way.
    I really do not have a clue about your network provider.
    But I am almost sure that it will work out of the box.
    There is no need to do any bypass activation or anything like that to use pixi GSM in India but I think there is some procedure for CDMA phones.

One more thing-It is a superb phone with a clean and nice os.
    Congratulations for your purchase.
    Quote Originally Posted by nattysinister View Post
    well Geotwin I am relly glad that I was able to help you in some way.
    I really do not have a clue about your network provider.
    But I am almost sure that it will work out of the box.
    There is no need to do any bypass activation or anything like that to use pixi GSM in India but I think there is some procedure for CDMA phones.

One more thing-It is a superb phone with a clean and nice os.
    Congratulations for your purchase.
    Thanks a mil for responding. I am looking forward to getting my palm pixie plus and using webOS. Thanks again.