webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  Palm Pixi and Pixi Plus > Do you guys still like your Pixi's?
Do you guys still like your Pixi's?
Like Tree2Likes

Old 02/05/2013, 08:36 AM   #21 (permalink)

Hi Guys,

I know this is an old thread, but I was looking around for a "hard Reset" thread on the Pixi and came accross this. I have had a Pixi plus since launch, been through 3 of them so far. Tried a few other phones along the way but I have carried a Pixi every day and can't find a better compromise on form, size, OS and overal functionality. I'm buying a couple spares right now as I just can't find a phone I want to carry other than the pixi.

Now, if I can only figure out to do a hard reset on one that I just bought that was supposidly brand new and never used.

Rob
crewcabrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/05/2013, 12:28 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Hi Guys,

I know this is an old thread, but I was looking around for a "hard Reset" thread on the Pixi and came accross this. I have had a Pixi plus since launch, been through 3 of them so far. Tried a few other phones along the way but I have carried a Pixi every day and can't find a better compromise on form, size, OS and overal functionality. I'm buying a couple spares right now as I just can't find a phone I want to carry other than the pixi.

Now, if I can only figure out to do a hard reset on one that I just bought that was supposidly brand new and never used.

Rob
Go to www.palm.com/rom

Select your phone to download and run webOS doctor.
It will restore it to a factory default state.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
Needs: Veer (anyone?)
Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
Twitter: @cesarneg
NuttyBunny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02/05/2013, 02:35 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crewcabrob View Post
Hi Guys,

Rob
Wow... Glad to know your experience and opinions about the Pixi, in my case i also find the Pixi is perfect in form and size. Unfortunately I find it kind of slow so I just changed to a Veer.

As mentioned above, a doctor process is your answer. Or maybe you could try going to "Device Info" and then "Reset options", a "Full Erase" should do the work.
Old 02/05/2013, 03:06 PM   #24 (permalink)

The problem with that aporoach is that if the Pixi is patched it will remain patched but no patches will appear on Preware. That often leads to confusion

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
Needs: Veer (anyone?)
Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
Twitter: @cesarneg
NuttyBunny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02/06/2013, 09:10 AM   #25 (permalink)

I actually got it figured out guys. Thanks for your help.

Was the Veer ever released for Verizon?

I am just way too fond of the Pixi to let it go. Especially with the hotspot feature in use almost every day for free. I plan on getting a couple new spares so I can keep one for a long time. I'm no longer a power user on the phone, so a dedicated KB, small form factor and an elegant OS is what I need. I spend most of my time doing text messages on it and very little else.

Rob
Old 02/06/2013, 12:43 PM   #26 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Quote:
Was the Veer ever released for Verizon?
No it was not... There is a Euro GSM and an AT&T GSM...
RumoredNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/06/2013, 01:14 PM   #27 (permalink)

Ok, I really like my Pixi because of the great keyboard and the better reachable gesture area. The formfactor is perfect although I would love it to sport a bigger screen instead of the keyboard and have an onscreen keyboard. I just heard that it's possible to run 2.1 on it? I'm excited!!!! Where can I grad the doctor for it? Any hints? Searched in the forum but couldn't find the proper thread.
Lispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/06/2013, 01:48 PM   #28 (permalink)

I would love to have a larger screen, same KB and faster, that's about it. I think someone should start making a small phone again instead of the phones getting larger and larger. At one time, the quest was to get the phones as tiny as possible, now it looks like "phablets" are going to be the way everyone goes.

If there is a way to run 2.1 that won't cause any problems I'm in.

Rob
Liked by ananimus likes this.
Old 02/06/2013, 06:42 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
I would love to have a larger screen, same KB and faster, that's about it. I think someone should start making a small phone again instead of the phones getting larger and larger. At one time, the quest was to get the phones as tiny as possible, now it looks like "phablets" are going to be the way everyone goes.

If there is a way to run 2.1 that won't cause any problems I'm in.

Rob
Sorry to **** in on the conversation, reading this thread brings me fond memories when I used to carry the Pixi Plus as my main phone(since Pre 2/3 were expensive). My favorite part of the Pixi was minly the form factor giving an appearance of being a blackberry phone but with a better OS and keyboard. And let's forget the free mobile hotspot, yet the only sad part was HP leaving Pixi users on the dust with the WebOS 2.0 update that has better features than v1.4.5. Nevertheless it was my first phone that I grown to like and love, who despite my hatred against made me stay within WebOSLand for years and still planning to stick with WebOS.

If you wish to get more information about WebOS 21.0 for Pixi phones, you could read this post from John Steffes who made progress into the installing WebOS 2 on first gen Pixi phones.

"WebOS 2.1.0 for Pixi".
Old 02/07/2013, 08:13 AM   #30 (permalink)

I am not a smart phone user of sorts. I use a Sanyo Taho flip phone as my primary phone, however, for email, texting and a fall back phone, the Pixi is perfect. Hope to be able to use for a long time.
gpbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/08/2013, 04:04 AM   #31 (permalink)

It has a physical keyboard. That is the only thing that keeps me using it.

Last edited by rnld; 02/08/2013 at 07:10 PM. Reason: typo
rnld is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0