1.    #1  
    I need an application or patch that nags me every x minutes until I read a new SMS.

Tried preware and app catalog but no luck.
    I found some for a missed call, but not sms.

Help?
    It's there. It should be "Messaging repeat every 5 minutes." The "Advanced System Configuration" patch also adds that and many other features.
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman97 View Post
    It's there. It should be "Messaging repeat every 5 minutes." The "Advanced System Configuration" patch also adds that and many other features.
    I'm interested too, but can't find it. Perhaps you meant "Advanced System Prefs - Messaging prefs" patch? There's no such option there.
    'Advanced Configuration for System Preferences' is the patch that you are looking for. It covers notification repeating as well as many other useful additions.
    There are also 4 patches named 'Notification Repeat' ... 1 for missed calls, 1 for calendar reminders, 1 for emails, and 1 for messaging

Mine-Sprint Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G/LTE
    Sprint Pre, 1.4.5 overclocked with F102A Delta Dagger - retired 12-18-11
    Wife's- Sprint LG Viper 4G/LTE
    R.I.P. - My Launch day Pre - 06-06-09--04-18-11

Never trust a computer (or phone) named after a fruit.
    Quote Originally Posted by prolongexistence View Post
    'Advanced Configuration for System Preferences' is the patch that you are looking for.
    Thankyou, but I fear it still doesn't show in Preware. I've been lurking a bit in "http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/feeds/webos-patches", and I've seen that patch is available in "2.1.2/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-configuration-for-system-preferences-world_2.1.0-0_all.ipk". It's also present for older webOS versions, but sadly not for my 2.2.0 Pre 3.

Is it risky to download the package to the phone, and then ask Preware to install it? If the parts of the system it touches are the same in 2.2.0 and 2.1.2, it should work.

Also, I've seen packages for webOS 2.2.3 and 2.2.4. Do those webOS versions apply to my Pre 3? The phone itself says it's fully updated, so perhaps those are for the Veer... Wasn't there an app to make other apps believe the system is another version?
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
    Thankyou, but I fear it still doesn't show in Preware. I've been lurking a bit in "http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/feeds/webos-patches", and I've seen that patch is available in "2.1.2/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-configuration-for-system-preferences-world_2.1.0-0_all.ipk". It's also present for older webOS versions, but sadly not for my 2.2.0 Pre 3.

Is it risky to download the package to the phone, and then ask Preware to install it? If the parts of the system it touches are the same in 2.2.0 and 2.1.2, it should work.

Also, I've seen packages for webOS 2.2.3 and 2.2.4. Do those webOS versions apply to my Pre 3? The phone itself says it's fully updated, so perhaps those are for the Veer... Wasn't there an app to make other apps believe the system is another version?
    I don't see how it would be risky. Its only a patch, all its going to do is modify some code. If the code it wants to modify isn't there, then it will just fail.

I did notice that you mentioned the world version in your post though. I don't know where in the world you are, but there is a world version and a US version.
    • Advanced Configuration for System Preferences will only work for en_us locale devices
    • Advanced Configuration for System Preferences - WORLD is the international version meant for non-US devices

Mine-Sprint Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G/LTE
    Sprint Pre, 1.4.5 overclocked with F102A Delta Dagger - retired 12-18-11
    Wife's- Sprint LG Viper 4G/LTE
    R.I.P. - My Launch day Pre - 06-06-09--04-18-11

Never trust a computer (or phone) named after a fruit.
    Quote Originally Posted by prolongexistence View Post
    Its only a patch, all its going to do is modify some code. If the code it wants to modify isn't there, then it will just fail.
    Aha, note taken.

I don't know where in the world you are,
    Spain.

but there is a world version and a US version.
    Thankyou very much for this information, I think I will try it out soon.