Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Anybody else with a Sprint Pixi receive an update to webos 1.4.5? I'm assuming this was the 1.4.5.1 update because I was already running 1.4.5 but it still shows the same version number.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Did you recently add (more like replaced with) the Bing Maps app? There have been quite a few that have reported here being offered a 1.4.5 update following installing the Bing map app. Perhaps it has something to do with adding Enyo support to all devices back to the Pre -.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Yea I added bing maps (nuch better btw) when it was first released. I never saw the 1.4.5.1 update that verizon users got though.
    Yes, a prompt to "re-update" to 1.4.5 after Bing Maps seems to be the norm. It's happened quite a bit with the Pre series.
    Last edited by pecuevasb; 11/22/2011 at 09:16 AM.
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    Just happened here too.... Not exactly 'prompt' (a few days), but, I've been off the data grid a bit recently too...
  6. Puk
    Any word if it makes any changes (related to Bing, Enyo, or anything else)? Any issues after updating?

I also installed Bing maps when it came out, and just got the update message, though I haven't gone through with it yet. I haven't been off the grid, though I have been traveling (within the US) and just arrived in a new city last night.

Thanks.

-puk
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    my experience with the update was it installed fine but removed bing maps and reinstalled google maps. I could redownload Bing maps but it would erase every time I did a luna restart. Tried doing an erase apps and data and starting fresh to no avail. After some work with preware and the app catolog I was able to download and keep bing maps with no weird quirks.
  8. Puk
    Quote Originally Posted by Bru3184 View Post
    my experience with the update was it installed fine but removed bing maps and reinstalled google maps. I could redownload Bing maps but it would erase every time I did a luna restart. Tried doing an erase apps and data and starting fresh to no avail. After some work with preware and the app catolog I was able to download and keep bing maps with no weird quirks.
    How did you get it to stick? I am having a similar experience:

I had downloaded the maps update a while ago, and it worked fine. It had a Bing icon, ran right, and stayed through resets. (IMO, it was also a lot more responsive than GM was on my Pixi, but that's secondary.)

This "update" put it back to Google maps name and icon, but the app consists only of a link to a blank website and a message about using the app catalog. Going back to the app catalog and reinstalling the new Maps results in the icon/name staying Google, but running Bing/HP maps when I tap it. But more importantly, it resets back to the Google pseudo-app every time the device resets, and I have to go back to the app catalog and reinstall Maps order to use it.

Frustrating. Would appreciate any help.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    so far I haven't gotten it to stick...I just redownload it when I need a map. It sucks but I really don't want to doctor my phone if that's the only issue. I doctored once before and lost some apps that I really liked but were discontinued. If anybody else has had better luck I would love to know!