1.    #1  
    I dropped my Pixi on the floor and the back popped off, also the slider switch that controls the mute broke off. I did some research on here and found out that it's actually a push button which stays on via the slide switch. Now that mine is broken off, it won't turn back on. It's on permanent mute. Is there anyway to fix this? Maybe a patch to turn mute off permanently? I just replaced my pixi and can't use my insurance again. Please, any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!
    If it uses the same mechanism as the Pixi volume buttons, then you can use a very thin flat-head screwdriver (jewellers/watch repair type) to push the button. My Pixi UP vol button broke off and I'm still able to press it like that (once I take the back off). It's worth a try.
    My published and impending WebOS apps -
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by iprice View Post
    If it uses the same mechanism as the Pixi volume buttons, then you can use a very thin flat-head screwdriver (jewellers/watch repair type) to push the button. My Pixi UP vol button broke off and I'm still able to press it like that (once I take the back off). It's worth a try.
    Thanks for the input, but I have already tried that. I don't know if the button broke off too, or if that's not how it's set up. At least everything isn't muted, just the ringer. Oh well, looks like I just have a broken Pixi!

Thanks again!
    Quote Originally Posted by knwalter View Post
    Thanks for the input, but I have already tried that. I don't know if the button broke off too, or if that's not how it's set up. At least everything isn't muted, just the ringer. Oh well, looks like I just have a broken Pixi!

Thanks again!
    Have a look at the "Palm Pixi Disassembled A Look inside!" thread. The OP posted a disassembled picture. Also look further toward the bottom of the first page for a post by Rod with dis-assembly instructions and more pictures. It looks like a push button. Since the action is a slide switch it would be reasonable to expect the switch to have a default of not pushing the button equals ringer on. But that's just a guess. Did the switch crack and completely fall out or not?