Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi all,

I'm from INDIA. I recently got Palm pixi plus AT&T unlocked from USA. I'm using INDIAN network provider and able to browse the phone. The problem is, I was not able to set the data connection for the palm pixi plus. When I enter the APN, and tap on Change Settings, after a while an alert saying "Unable to write settings" pop up.
    Please someone help me out how to fix this ?

I think as the phone is AT&T carrier before unlocked, it is not accepting other network settings. But there should be some alternative solution to fix this. Any appropriate help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    adam
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I have the same issue with an unlocked AT&T phone in Canada - I can not get the data APN data to update either.

Would definitely be interested in how to fix this.

GG
    webOS phones work out of the box with Vodafone and Airtel. Cannot comment on other networks, but it is confirmed that data on webOS phones will not work with BSNL.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    you have to edit database file and enter settings for your carrier.
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-settings.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    webOS phones work out of the box with Vodafone and Airtel. Cannot comment on other networks, but it is confirmed that data on webOS phones will not work with BSNL.
    I recently got a Pixi Plus from USA. It works on Airtel out of box in Delhi. It also worked on my other Vodafone SIM in Delhi after entering manual APN as "WWW". Though I activated 3G on Airtel, it is showing "E" symbol and not "3G". I think it should show 3G symbol on top of screen. Any one getting 3G connectivity on Palm Pixi Plus in India?

One more information: when I inserted MTNL SIM, there was no data connectivity, not even E symbol. When I entered manual APN settings, it refused to accept with message "unable to write settings"

Just to clarify that voice calls work on all the three networks. Problem is only with data connectivity.
    Last edited by jmdesai; 11/06/2011 at 01:43 AM. Reason: corrected information.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdesai View Post
    Though I activated 3G on Airtel, it is showing "E" symbol and not "3G". I think it should show 3G symbol on top of screen. Any one getting 3G connectivity on Palm Pixi Plus in India?
    None of the US versions of webOS phones support the 2100Mhz band that is used for 3G in India. The Pre3 is the only exception to this. Bottom line: there is no way for you to get 3G in India with a Pixi Plus from the US.

PS: With Vodafone all webOS phones work right out of the box, The only catch being, that you have to subscribe to the Vodafone 'Mobile Connect' plan. The other cheaper plan requires proxy settings, for which there is no provision to do so in webOS phones.
    Last edited by Sanjay; 11/15/2011 at 08:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    None of the US versions of webOS phones support the 2100Mhz band that is used for 3G in India. The Pre3 is the only exception to this. Bottom line: there is no way for y9ou to get 3G in India with a Pixi Plus from the US.

PS: With Vodafone all webOS phones work right out of the box, The only catch being, that you have to subscribe to the Vodafone 'Mobile Connect' plan. The other cheaper plan requires proxy settings, for which there is no provision to do so in webOS phones.
    Thx Sanjay. Too bad for me. I should have done my research well before buying this phone. My primary attraction while buying this phone was 3G.
    Palm III> Visor> Visorphone> Treo 180> 270> 600> 650> 680> Centro> HTC Tilt> BB-8310> Pixi-Plus> Pre 3
    Touchpad 16GB
    @sanjay As I wanted 3G, I ordered HP Pre 3 two days ago. It supports HSPDA 2100MHz band so hopefully 3G should work in India. I will have to sell off Pixi plus now.
    Palm III> Visor> Visorphone> Treo 180> 270> 600> 650> 680> Centro> HTC Tilt> BB-8310> Pixi-Plus> Pre 3
    Touchpad 16GB
    Any Idea How To work Docomo Data In a Pixi Plus???
    @sanjay As I wanted 3G, I ordered HP Pre 3 two days ago. It supports HSPDA 2100MHz band so hopefully 3G should work in India. I will have to sell off Pixi plus now.
    3G on all variants of the Pre3 works perfectly fine in India.

Suntrust business loans, Apn settings for palm pixi plus for at&t, How to jack up ... Hi, How can I save the new APN settings of Indian network carrier inorder to ...
    Quote Originally Posted by adamgil View Post
    Hi all,

I'm from INDIA. I recently got Palm pixi plus AT&T unlocked from USA. I'm using INDIAN network provider and able to browse the phone. The problem is, I was not able to set the data connection for the palm pixi plus. When I enter the APN, and tap on Change Settings, after a while an alert saying "Unable to write settings" pop up.
    Please someone help me out how to fix this ?

I think as the phone is AT&T carrier before unlocked, it is not accepting other network settings. But there should be some alternative solution to fix this. Any appropriate help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    adam

even i was having the same problem with my unlocked AT&T pixi plus. i was using TATA DOCOMO but wasnt able to get edge network as it wasnt allowing me to enter the apn settings.
    but I worked my way out... the solution here is put a vodafone/airtel sim in your pixi plus to get a "E" in your network, then goto phone settings and enter the manual APN settings of your unsupported network(TATA DOCOMO in my case--APN-- TATA.DOCOMO.INTERNET) click change settings-then it will say "incorrect APN settings" but will give u a option "save settings anyway" or something like that and VOILA ur settings are saved ...now switch back to your original unsupported sim and u will get the internet access.
    other thing regarding 3G ur pixi will not show 3G in notification area but if u have a 3G plan activated on ur sim then u can access internet at higher speed (near about 3G) worked for me.
    NOTE every new invention() has a loophole....if u connect your pixi to pc in usb mode all the settings are restored and u will again be missing the "E", so again repeat the same sim swaping process.
    Quote Originally Posted by kumardeves View Post
    other thing regarding 3G ur pixi will not show 3G in notification area but if u have a 3G plan activated on ur sim then u can access internet at higher speed (near about 3G) worked for me.
    I am sorry to say, but that is a technical impossibility. The US Pixi does not have support for the 2100MHz band and thus cannot possibly do 3G in India. There may be other reasons for the perceived improved performance. You should do a speed test to see that you are not actually getting 3G or even close to 3G speeds.

Hi Friends,

I have both phones....using on Airtel Network.. working absolutely fine making calls, chatting with google, yahoo friends...

Palm Pixi doesnt have 3G...Pre 3 have...using 3G

Not able to make video calls on pre at&t.

any one can help in this context...
    Quote Originally Posted by smns.srinivas View Post
    Hi Friends,

I have both phones....using on Airtel Network.. working absolutely fine making calls, chatting with google, yahoo friends...

Palm Pixi doesnt have 3G...Pre 3 have...using 3G

Not able to make video calls on pre at&t.

any one can help in this context...
    Pixi has 3G, but if it is AT&T phone, it works on different frequency band, hence 3G not usable in India. See Sanjay's posts above.

I could get Skype video calls on my unlocked HP Pre3 without any problem. But I have not tried normal video calls with my service provider (Airtel).
    Touchpad 16GB
    In chennai vodafone works out of the box for Pre 2 (NA model so Edge only) ,No need to configure any custom APN settings.I believe settings are taken from SIM but not sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by vijay_raptor View Post
    In chennai vodafone works out of the box for Pre 2 (NA model so Edge only) ,No need to configure any custom APN settings.I believe settings are taken from SIM but not sure.
    This is true, but only with the 'Vodafone Mobile Connect' plan. The cheaper Vodafone data plan does not work, since that requires proxy settings which webOS does not have a provision for.

Hey Guys. I am getting my factory unlocked Pre3 From UK tomorrow.
    So wanted to ask this since Pre3 have 2100 Bands which all the carrier uses in India for 3G.
    Do i still need to feed all the carrier info into database file to Pre3 ? I am intending to use it with BSNL 3G.

@Sanjay. You mentioned that Data wont work with BSNL. Is there any reason behind it ? BSNL uses 2100 Mhz band to provide 3G.
    I bought 8GB UK Pre3 a month ago and 3G it is working well out of box on Airtel in NCR. There is no problem of frequency band with Pre3 with any carrier in India, as Pre3 supports all the GSM frequency bands all over the world (@Sanjay: Correct me if I am wrong).

As explained by Sanjay somewhere in previous threads, the stock carrier database file which comes with Pre3 do not have entries for BSNL and many other Indian carriers. So you may have to first activate it with borrowed Airtel or Vodafone SIM and then work on writing the necessary entries in carrier database. You may need to install some tools like Preware, Internalz Pro, etc to be able to look in to the system files. See thread at Modifying WebOS carrier network settings
    Touchpad 16GB
    There is no problem of frequency band with Pre3 with any carrier in India, as Pre3 supports all the GSM frequency bands all over the world (@Sanjay: Correct me if I am wrong).
    Not quite all the bands, but yes as far as India and most of the world is concerned, the Pre3 does have the relevant bands.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast