Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanx JMDesai and Sanjay. I have used Pixi Plus for 5 months so basically knows all tweaks and patches. But i didnt know that you can save BSNL APN in settings by inserting Airtel or Vodafone sim and save the APN of BSNL and then insert your BSNL Sim.
    So the above settings wil get to default if i switch the Sim different than BSNL. Am i right ?

Thanx.
    Nisarg
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdesai View Post
    As explained by Sanjay somewhere in previous threads, the stock carrier database file which comes with Pre3 do not have entries for BSNL and many other Indian carriers. So you may have to first activate it with borrowed Airtel or Vodafone SIM and then work on writing the necessary entries in carrier database. You may need to install some tools like Preware, Internalz Pro, etc to be able to look in to the system files. See thread at Modifying WebOS carrier network settings
    I think the modifying may be more complicated. The thread on modifying WebOS carrier network settings pertains to previous WebOs versions. see thread dbdatabase.db3 not found on webOS 2.0.1?
    Palm III> Visor> Visorphone> Treo 180> 270> 600> 650> 680> Centro> HTC Tilt> BB-8310> Pixi-Plus> Pre 3
    Touchpad 16GB
    Got my pre3 from UK. yay !! I inserted the docomo card and saved the APN and it worked.
    even for BSNL 3G it is working fine by just changing the APN in settings. this is hassle free.
    Quote Originally Posted by nick86 View Post
    Got my pre3 from UK. yay !! I inserted the docomo card and saved the APN and it worked.
    even for BSNL 3G it is working fine by just changing the APN in settings. this is hassle free.
    Good. And Congratulations on getting the new phone.

Do APN settings get reset on reboot?

You may like to post exact step by step procedure adopted for benefit of new users in India. Also share your experience with the new phone.
    Palm III> Visor> Visorphone> Treo 180> 270> 600> 650> 680> Centro> HTC Tilt> BB-8310> Pixi-Plus> Pre 3
    Touchpad 16GB
    ^ Thank you. No Apn setting doesnt get reset.
    Step By Step instruction is
    1) Insert your Data Enabled(3G or EDGE) Sim into your phone.
    2) Go to Dialer Screen and tap on Carrier Name(Left Side Upper) and Tap on Preference & Accounts.
    3) Scroll Down and Under Network. Enable Manual Settings and Tap on Edit Network Settings.
    4) In the new windows enter your INTERNET APN. and click on change settings.
    On some SIM if you happen to get message "unable to set up internet apn". just tap on Setup Anyway and then tap on OK.
    5) You should see the E or 3G icon.
    Quote Originally Posted by nick86 View Post
    ^ Thank you. No Apn setting doesnt get reset.
    Step By Step instruction is
    1) Insert your Data Enabled(3G or EDGE) Sim into your phone.
    2) Go to Dialer Screen and tap on Carrier Name(Left Side Upper) and Tap on Preference & Accounts.
    3) Scroll Down and Under Network. Enable Manual Settings and Tap on Edit Network Settings.
    4) In the new windows enter your INTERNET APN. and click on change settings.
    On some SIM if you happen to get message "unable to set up internet apn". just tap on Setup Anyway and then tap on OK.
    5) You should see the E or 3G icon.
    Hi Nick, I did this but " setup anyway " doesn't process, still unable to write APN settings. I have already edited the CarrierNetworkSettings.dB3 file.
    Quote Originally Posted by smns.srinivas View Post
    Hi Friends,

I have both phones....using on Airtel Network.. working absolutely fine making calls, chatting with google, yahoo friends...

Palm Pixi doesnt have 3G...Pre 3 have...using 3G

Not able to make video calls on pre at&t.

any one can help in this context...
    HI SMS Srinivasa,

I am using airtel network in my palm pixi and cinfigured APN setting for airtel, but I am not able to connect to the internet.

Can you help me with step by step procedure to confugure my palm pixi?

Regards,
    Sandeep
    Hi, How can I save the new APN settings of Indian network carrier .

In Palm Pre Plus..

Unable to Save the APN settings

Can you help me with step by step procedure to confugure my palm Pre Plus..
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    webOS phones work out of the box with Vodafone and Airtel. Cannot comment on other networks, but it is confirmed that data on webOS phones will not work with BSNL.
    I am using BSNL data on my HP veer with the help of carrierdb.json editor
    Both 3G and EDGE work on European Pixi Plus. You can either modify CarrierNetworkSettings.db files or enter the settings manually after inserting a Vodafone sim. Use APN bsnlnet, no need to enter proxy.
    Quote Originally Posted by cvineet View Post
    Both 3G and EDGE work on European Pixi Plus. You can either modify CarrierNetworkSettings.db files or enter the settings manually after inserting a Vodafone sim. Use APN bsnlnet, no need to enter proxy.
    how can u say 3g works in pixi ?? pixi doesn't support 2100 band whether it is EU or NA version ...
    pixi plus (webOS 2.1)>pre2>HP Veer>touchpad
    Quote Originally Posted by abhishekmalyala View Post
    I am using BSNL data on my HP veer with the help of carrierdb.json editor
    r u getting 3g too ??
    pixi plus (webOS 2.1)>pre2>HP Veer>touchpad
    my mobile is hard reset, than restart, singn in profile msg display, wat type in email adrs nd password
    Quote Originally Posted by tovivekmishra View Post
    how can u say 3g works in pixi ?? pixi doesn't support 2100 band whether it is EU or NA version ...
    Of course the EU version supports the 2100 band. How can it not? Almost all, if not all of Europe uses the 2100 band for 3G.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Quote Originally Posted by adamgil View Post
    Hi all,

I'm from INDIA. I recently got Palm pixi plus AT&T unlocked from USA. I'm using INDIAN network provider and able to browse the phone. The problem is, I was not able to set the data connection for the palm pixi plus. When I enter the APN, and tap on Change Settings, after a while an alert saying "Unable to write settings" pop up.
    Please someone help me out how to fix this ?

I think as the phone is AT&T carrier before unlocked, it is not accepting other network settings. But there should be some alternative solution to fix this. Any appropriate help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    adam
    Insert a Vodafone SIM..then change the settings manually..set the APN to bsnlnet..tap on change anyway...pixi will write the settings....now turn off the phone..insert a internet enabled bsnl sim....3G or E or G symbol will appear..

Second method is to edit settings in the CarrierNetworkSettings.db3 file...download and install WebOS Quick Install...and import the file....edit one one of the settings with SQL editor....send back the file to same location on pixi....and reatart the phone..(detailed step by step method is posted elsewhere in this blog)
    Quote Originally Posted by kumardeves View Post
    even i was having the same problem with my unlocked AT&T pixi plus. i was using TATA DOCOMO but wasnt able to get edge network as it wasnt allowing me to enter the apn settings.
    but I worked my way out... the solution here is put a vodafone/airtel sim in your pixi plus to get a "E" in your network, then goto phone settings and enter the manual APN settings of your unsupported network(TATA DOCOMO in my case--APN-- TATA.DOCOMO.INTERNET) click change settings-then it will say "incorrect APN settings" but will give u a option "save settings anyway" or something like that and VOILA ur settings are saved ...now switch back to your original unsupported sim and u will get the internet access.
    other thing regarding 3G ur pixi will not show 3G in notification area but if u have a 3G plan activated on ur sim then u can access internet at higher speed (near about 3G) worked for me.
    NOTE every new invention() has a loophole....if u connect your pixi to pc in usb mode all the settings are restored and u will again be missing the "E", so again repeat the same sim swaping process.
    Hi I Am Pravin, I just got PALM PIXI unlocked from Us, but I cannot see the mobile settings. Also I am not able to browse data. I use Airtel sim and same sim works fine with my old E71.

Kindly help.
    Quote Originally Posted by kumardeves View Post
    even i was having the same problem with my unlocked AT&T pixi plus. i was using TATA DOCOMO but wasnt able to get edge network as it wasnt allowing me to enter the apn settings.
    but I worked my way out... the solution here is put a vodafone/airtel sim in your pixi plus to get a "E" in your network, then goto phone settings and enter the manual APN settings of your unsupported network(TATA DOCOMO in my case--APN-- TATA.DOCOMO.INTERNET) click change settings-then it will say "incorrect APN settings" but will give u a option "save settings anyway" or something like that and VOILA ur settings are saved ...now switch back to your original unsupported sim and u will get the internet access.
    other thing regarding 3G ur pixi will not show 3G in notification area but if u have a 3G plan activated on ur sim then u can access internet at higher speed (near about 3G) worked for me.
    NOTE every new invention() has a loophole....if u connect your pixi to pc in usb mode all the settings are restored and u will again be missing the "E", so again repeat the same sim swaping process.
    I able to use web but app catalog still not working. Any idea?
    I'm also Docomo user from India.
    Good Day!

I'm from Philippines and my mom bought me a PALM PIXI PLUS from AT&T from the US yesterday. and i cant register my phone in the internet. Im using GLOBE TELECOM SIM, I CAN call, using EMERGENCY CALL buttons, yet i can't completely register the phone! Just wanna ask if i can still use this phone here? or do you suggest and alternatives help me enjoy PALM pixi plus? I always ended in PROFILE CREATION FAILED (this maybe due to low network coverage or the phone settings on your SIM card need to be entered manually.) What will i do?
    Thank you and more power..
    Last edited by gangan143; 07/16/2012 at 09:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by gangan143 View Post
    Good Day!

I'm from Philippines and my mom bought me a PALM PIXI PLUS from AT&T from the US yesterday. and i cant register my phone in the internet. Im using GLOBE TELECOM SIM, I CAN call, using EMERGENCY CALL buttons, yet i can't completely register the phone! Just wanna ask if i can still use this phone here? or do you suggest and alternatives help me enjoy PALM pixi plus? I always ended in PROFILE CREATION FAILED (this maybe due to low network coverage or the phone settings on your SIM card need to be entered manually.) What will i do?
    Thank you and more power..
    Hi Gangan143,

I'm also from the Philippines and I'm using Palm Pixi Plus as well with my Globe SIM Card. Luckily, my phone is working properly and i was able to create profile in it during my first try. Low network coverage was never an issue creating a profile, you should be able to create one successfully. Have you tried creating a profile using another SIM Card of another Network, like SMART? You have to know as well if your phone is an Unlocked GSM version so that you can used it to any Network anywhere. Mine also comes from AT& T which i have been using since February up to Present.

The only pain I have encountered with my Palm Pixi Plus is the manual APN settings for MMS. I have made a number of tries registering to Globe MMS but no success. Probably Globe Network need to find a solution to fix such problem like this, because i cannot use it for internet browsing using my SIM card I can only use the internet browser if I'm connected to a Wifi.

I hope this will give you an idea and let you know you're not a lone user of Plam Pixi Plus here in PI.

Thanks and God Bless.

mardy
    Please let me how to set Tata Docmo APN in Palm Pixi Plus

Thanks
    Ravi
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast