1.    #1  
    Good Day Everybody!
    I recently bought unlocked Palm Pixi Plus from Amazon and decided to use it with my old AT&T SIM card (got it with Sony Ericson w810i years ago with standard 2-year contract). I just wanted a new phone without internet. However, today I found out that AT&T requires you to have "Data Plan" even though you got unsubsidized smartphone. They support told me that they can remove my new IMEI and I can continue to use my old phone without paying extra, but this is not want I want.

Reading forum I understood that there is a "Activation Bypass" option when you turn on phone for the first time, but I guess that it is too little to late for me. Any way I can work around this issue and get a phone without paying extra $15 to 30 per month for data?
    Will propitiate any advice.
    activation bypass is for use with wifi only. If you use it with a voice service, they require a data plan.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by inter9115 View Post
    Good Day Everybody!
    I recently bought unlocked Palm Pixi Plus from Amazon and decided to use it with my old AT&T SIM card (got it with Sony Ericson w810i years ago with standard 2-year contract). I just wanted a new phone without internet. However, today I found out that AT&T requires you to have "Data Plan" even though you got unsubsidized smartphone. They support told me that they can remove my new IMEI and I can continue to use my old phone without paying extra, but this is not want I want.

Reading forum I understood that there is a "Activation Bypass" option when you turn on phone for the first time, but I guess that it is too little to late for me. Any way I can work around this issue and get a phone without paying extra $15 to 30 per month for data?
    Will propitiate any advice.
    Similar situation for my wife. She needs a PDA and a phone but not necessarily a "smart" phone. AT&T will not let you have a smart phone without a data plan whether you use it or not. I just caved in and paid the lowest fee for internet access and considered it a loss.

Once AT&T sees the IMEI for a smart phone class, they automatically add data, usually the high end plan.
    My Palm History
    ---------------
    V -> Vx -> Treo 90 -> Tungsten E -> Centro -> Pre Plus -> Pre 2