1.    #1  
    Hiking in the Sierras today, my Pixi, unbeknownst to me, fell into a shallow stream. It was in the water for a good 10 minutes before I found it; the case was soaked. I removed the battery and dried it off, and dried inside the back cover, and the sim card. After an hour, I put the battery back in, but nothing happened. About three hours later, I tried to start it again. The palm logo came up, and it took maybe 5 minutes to boot. Everything works like it had. And I still had over 75% battery. My hiking buddies were pretty amazed. I was amazingly happy. The case? Still drying.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    Mine fell in the *ahem* toilet one time and I instantly pulled it out and washed it off under the sink. Pulled the battery out, dried it off and replaced it inside the phone. To my surprise, it still worked. No damage anywhere. I still use the phone to this day.
    Very nice! Don't mine me if I do NOT dare attempt this with my endangered species (aka Pre 3).

Out of curiousity, did the water damage litmus strip change colour? I'm not sure where it is in Palm phone, but every phone has one somewhere so the manufacturer can see if a phone has been in the drink (and they can thus not bother repairing it).
    [ everythingsablur ]

Palm lineage:
    PalmPilot Pro -> PalmPilot Pro w/ 2MB OS 3 upgrade -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Handspring Visor Prism -> Handspring Visor Prism w/ VisorPhone -> ... (the long hiatus) ... -> HP TouchPad & HP Pre 3 (AT&T)
    Very nice! Don't mine me if I do NOT dare attempt this with my endangered species (aka Pre 3).

Out of curiousity, did the water damage litmus strip change colour? I'm not sure where it is in Palm phone, but every phone has one somewhere so the manufacturer can see if a phone has been in the drink (and they can thus not bother repairing it).
    [ everythingsablur ]

Palm lineage:
    PalmPilot Pro -> PalmPilot Pro w/ 2MB OS 3 upgrade -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Handspring Visor Prism -> Handspring Visor Prism w/ VisorPhone -> ... (the long hiatus) ... -> HP TouchPad & HP Pre 3 (AT&T)
    In my opinion, my pixi acts like it has water damage even though I don't. But then again I have been using it since June 2010.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by everythingsablur View Post

I don't know where the strip might be, I did not notice anything.
    Shneor
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by residentcomedian View Post
    You have to take the phone apart to see it.
    Not me! I'm happy when everything works - in which case, don't fix it.
    Shneor