1.    #1  
    Hi,

I bought the Palm Pixi Plus unlocked from Amazon.com, and I've got a question about it. The phone has the AT&T logo at the top. If I were to reset the firmware (or OS) by downloading the AT&T Palm Pixi Plus WebOS Doctor from the Palm website, would the phone still be unlocked? I think the phone was originally on the AT&T network and later unlocked. I want to run the modified WebOS Doctor so that I can activate the phone over WiFi, but don't want the phone to become locked. I'm worried that the software will have the network lock on it when I download it.

Thanks for your help!
    No, it will not re lock
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by chalx View Post
    No, it will not re lock
    Doesn't the software on the phone determine if it's unlocked or not? If it does, then why wouldn't the phone unlock be gone when I remove the current software(os) on the phone?
  4.    #4  
    The reason I'm asking this is because of this review on the Amazon site:

And the final blow came when I was abroad and after all the problems I had the brilliant idea of making a "hard reset" to erase all the data, and guess what my phone booted well, and then the smartest screen popped in my face: I have to activate my phone in order to be able to use it, and guess what also, it can only be activated over the AT&T network, so if you are not an AT&T user you get to have to use this phone and never reset it, or it will cease to function!!!!!! unless you want to buy an AT&T plan, so be carefull!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by smengler View Post
    The reason I'm asking this is because of this review on the Amazon site:
    It was not network locked after full erase. After full erase, phone asks for palm profile registration or activation and can do it only over 3G network. If you are using phone on unsupported network (there is no predefined gprs settings for that network in device database) you can't establish connection and create/login into Palm account.
    There is tool to bypass activation, and there is tool to create webOS doctor image with bypassed registration (metadoctoring). Also, this tool can create webOS doctor image with your wifi parameters saved, so activation goes over wifi.
    You dont need any of this if you are using phone on supported networks. In that case you can establish gprs connection after full erase.
    What determines whether the phone is locked or not?
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by chalx View Post
    It was not network locked after full erase. After full erase, phone asks for palm profile registration or activation and can do it only over 3G network. If you are using phone on unsupported network (there is no predefined gprs settings for that network in device database) you can't establish connection and create/login into Palm account.
    There is tool to bypass activation, and there is tool to create webOS doctor image with bypassed registration (metadoctoring). Also, this tool can create webOS doctor image with your wifi parameters saved, so activation goes over wifi.
    You dont need any of this if you are using phone on supported networks. In that case you can establish gprs connection after full erase.
    Thanks, I ended up using a friends SIM card to activate. Now I won't be worried to reset anything if something goes wrong. I also installed preware using the WebOS Quick Install and had no problems.

Quote Originally Posted by forrestry View Post
    I'm still wondering this too.
    Quote Originally Posted by forrestry View Post
    if phone, eg AT&T cant red eg. T Mobile SIM card.
    Some telephones show "unsupported SIM" sign, some just dont show carrier logo and signal bar...