Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    Yet? can we use the google maps ipk from webos doctor 2.0 or the one from 1.4.5?
    Any help here
    Quote Originally Posted by mc_gusto View Post
    Yet? can we use the google maps ipk from webos doctor 2.0 or the one from 1.4.5?
    Any help here
    I'm just trying to do that!
    Yep. I did. Pm me for more "info" ;-)

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Why are you wanting to switch? My GPS doesn't work anymore and I think it started since i downloaded HP Maps.
    Quite bing maps y reinstalé google maps. Hay que quitar bing maps desinstalando la aplicacion directamente en el telefono. despues hay que instalar este archivo .ipk usanto WEBOS QuickInstall.

SOLO HE PROBADO CON WEBOS 1.4.5 EN UN PALM PRE PLUS
    Attached Files Attached Files
    I was able to remove Bing Maps and ReInstalled Google Maps. I removed Bing Maps using the application removal on the Device Info app. The I installed the attached .ipk file and it worked.

THIS WAS ONLY TESTED ON A PALM PRE PLUS WITH WEBOS 1.4.5

Rock !!!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Mine-Sprint Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G/LTE
    Sprint Pre, 1.4.5 overclocked with F102A Delta Dagger - retired 12-18-11
    Wife's- Sprint LG Viper 4G/LTE
    R.I.P. - My Launch day Pre - 06-06-09--04-18-11

Never trust a computer (or phone) named after a fruit.
    Quote Originally Posted by prolongexistence View Post
    I followed the directions on this thread and have both maps working on my Pre+
    u guyz rock
  10.    #10  
    So today no more google maps, is that it? No more patches to revive this. I know its from google's end, but that's it?
    Quote Originally Posted by mc_gusto View Post
    So today no more google maps, is that it? No more patches to revive this. I know its from google's end, but that's it?
    Is that the case? I saw the update today and put bing maps on...and immediately regretted it (Pixi Plus 1.4.5.1). I spent the past few hours following those patch directions and trying to figure out what I was doing wrong. Bing doesn't have public transit directions where I live, so I'm really missing Google Maps
  12.    #12  
    Yeah google's api changes took effect nov 1st. That's why HP had to go BING. Shame there's no workaround. Yet.
    sorry to be dense, but my map app says click here to update. I click it and it brings me to a screen too small to read. I know this is going to remove my beloved google maps and replace it with cr@p, but, whatever. Thing is, I can't zoom in and see what it wants me to do next. I can see there is a check box and a button to accept. I check it and click and get an error.

someone clue me in please
    In order to get reduced Google Maps functionality back you can patch the App-Assistent.jsjsjs $if$ $you$ $have$ $the$ $com$.$palm$.$app$.$googlemaps$ $IPK$ $installed$:
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.googlemaps/app/assistants/app-assistant.jsjsjs
    Change URL in line 3 to
    Code:
    http://maps.google.com/maps/mm
    The first 5 lines should look like this:
    Code:
    AppAssistant.url = "";
    AppAssistant.webViewWidget = undefined;
    AppAssistant.googleMapsURL = " http://maps.google.com/maps/mm";
    //AppAssistant.googleMapsURL = "http://gjm.google.com/mwm?sky=tfb";
    AppAssistant.urlClientParam = "client=ms-mwm-palm";
    It can be done on the Pre with Internalz. Tested in Germany with Pre2, Pre3.
    Google Maps durch HP Maps deinstalliert - Chance, es wiederzubekommen? - Software - Nexave Palmforum
    Shows mobile maps site with position, panning works, zoom via buttons (no pinch and zoom).
    My Google Map app now brings up the mobile web page. Scrolling works perfectly too.
    Problem here....everytime I install the HP maps and reboot everything reverts back to google maps and gives me the "please update your maps application" error.

This is a result of trying to keep google maps. I did the whole process of renaming the maps folder to google maps etc and installed the patch. I have since then removed the patch but no luck on getting HP maps to install.

Any suggestions?

Nokia (red phone) --> Denso TouchPoint TP2200 --> Samsung SPH-N400 --> (Palm VII) --> Sanyo 5150 --> Palm Treo 650 --> Palm Pre --> Sprint FrankenPre 2 --> (HP TouchPad)/(HP Pre 3 - Wifi) --> Galaxy Nexus (with TS mod and hopes of Open webOS!)
    Quote Originally Posted by echo5 View Post
    sorry to be dense, but my map app says click here to update. I click it and it brings me to a screen too small to read. I know this is going to remove my beloved google maps and replace it with cr@p, but, whatever. Thing is, I can't zoom in and see what it wants me to do next. I can see there is a check box and a button to accept. I check it and click and get an error.

someone clue me in please
    Had same problem. Go to App catalog and search maps. Maps HP for free should be the first thing you see. Install it and Google Maps will disappear and be replaced with HP (Bing) map
    what's the difference between /m and /mm?
    thanks a lot google and hp!!! damn u both.

i followed steps above (installed ipk and edited file), but i still get the message to tap to update when I run googlemaps. I also tried the steps in the other thread, and same result.

Sprint Pre-
    UK Screenstate 500/1ghz
    Mode Switcher--RULES !!!
    Advanced preferences by Sconix
    Lots of patches
    Quote Originally Posted by NABRIL15 View Post
    thanks a lot google and hp!!! damn u both.
    Why are you blaming google? http://forums.precentral.net/webos-d...st-2011-a.html
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast