1.    #1  
    Hi there!

I have ATT unlocked GSM Palm Pixi device. I have activate it in Russia so I'm unable to see paid apps in the catalog.

Now I'm trying to change its regional limitation but with no success...

I have reinstall firmware on the device with Metadoctor modifications - so I've get access to wi-fi without SIM card before First Use app running. Then I've run First Use and tried to create new Palm profile. But I was unable to do it - I got "failed to create profile" error. Also I was unable to login into existing profile.

After I've put my SIM card (Russian carrier) in place profile creation was successful but I have no paid app in the catalog again. And I got no question about region during these experiments.

Any ideas/advices?
    The problem is that the region is locked to the country where you activate your phone for the first time. After that, there's no going back.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
  3.    #3  
    But how they do that? How do they remember initial region?
    I recall being a combination of the SIM card country and the phone region, which are sent to the Palm servers upon first activation

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
  5.    #5  
    Ok, but then I create new profile with no data sent!
    Quote Originally Posted by ulrith View Post
    Hi there!

I have ATT unlocked GSM Palm Pixi device. I have activate it in Russia ..
    got USSD working?
  7.    #7  
    no