Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    well here goes-thanks for advice in advance:

currently on Sprint- I have a orig. Pre and wife has orig. Pixi

Our son like android and wants a AT&T Galaxy II. He knows about the Sprint version but it is not as pocketable. He can't afford a new carrier without us which is ok since we only get so-so service with Sprint. We have been with AT&T before and I can live with it.

Our dilemma is that wife and I both have TP, I like free-tether, and not sure if I can get used to the screen size on Pixi + or Veer, but haven't tried a Veer, but have used the wife's Pixi. With all the new info about HP and WeboS, I am not sure if I will ever get my hands on a Pre3 (not willing to pay the big bucks)

I have been looking at the Galaxy II and even though it is not WeboS, the screen, camera, apps,etc. look enticing.

I love WeboS, but with less likely chance on updates in the next two years, having to be hooked into a 2yr contract:

What would you do?????
    Since I've had a TouchPad, my screensize on my Palm Pre- is irrelevant.
    Kind of in the same dilemma, with an original Pre, but I'd rather not leave Sprint, so any new WebOS phone is out of the question. After having used my wife's Droid for a while, I am convinced that I hate Android much more than iOS. I did land a Pre2 so I'm going with a Frankenpre after I'm sure the iPhone 5 is coming to Sprint. Frankly, now that it's not cool, I will probably get one just to avoid Android. And I have, in addition to a TP, an iPad that was provided through work so I know a little about iOS and it sounds like iOS 5, with tabbed browsing and OTA sync (so no iTunes required) will be more palatable.
    I could definately use a Veer now. I carry my Touchpad most places I go and rarely use my Pre- for its screen. There are a few apps I still use on the Pre- but they would work just fine on a Veer. In fact, after playing with a Veer at bestbuy, I found it quite nice. The keyboard is more usable than my Sprint Pre-. So I would go that route.
    you would love the Veer if you can stand at&t. Keyboard is amazing, h+ network is very fast.

pick your carrier, then your phone. That's why I'm on verizon, btw.
    Quote Originally Posted by drich View Post
    well here goes-thanks for advice in advance:

currently on Sprint- I have a orig. Pre and wife has orig. Pixi

Our son like android and wants a AT&T Galaxy II. He knows about the Sprint version but it is not as pocketable. He can't afford a new carrier without us which is ok since we only get so-so service with Sprint. We have been with AT&T before and I can live with it.

Our dilemma is that wife and I both have TP, I like free-tether, and not sure if I can get used to the screen size on Pixi + or Veer, but haven't tried a Veer, but have used the wife's Pixi. With all the new info about HP and WeboS, I am not sure if I will ever get my hands on a Pre3 (not willing to pay the big bucks)

I have been looking at the Galaxy II and even though it is not WeboS, the screen, camera, apps,etc. look enticing.

I love WeboS, but with less likely chance on updates in the next two years, having to be hooked into a 2yr contract:

What would you do?????
    I love web OS also
    Unfortunately it has been abandoned so even if you change carriers other than this site you will get no support.
    As you said 2 years is a long time to be stuck with something.
    Im not a big android fan either.
    Have you looked at all the new blackberry 7 phones?
    For you i suggest you keep your working web OS phones and use them as long as you can.
    Tell your son to suck it up and pick a phone with sprint
    It dosent make sense for you to change from a carrier with unlimited data and working tether to a new carrier that is going to charge you for phones , charge you more for data and you will have to get tether software all over again.

I have 2 pixi's and one of them is on life support. I just cant find anything out of the box that can do what it does. The closest I have seen so far is the motorola XPRT and the Blackberry 9930
    Last edited by Ronald600; 09/20/2011 at 08:27 AM. Reason: missed sentence