1.    #1  
    Hi All,

Just Got my Hands on a used PPx+ (Albeit Used ) for $55+$10 Shipping.
    Ebay link - htxp://goo.gl/RKPzi

i must say i am very happy.But I have Some questions -

1.The Phone Gets heated up pretty Quickly.Its not a lot,But it is bad right? What should I Do?

2.My WebOS Version is 1.4.3.is the OTA Update The Only option?Cant It Be done using ant desktop Software? Like Nokia PC Suite Does For nokia phones?

3.of what use Is the NOVACOM driver? I am using W7E x64.The Installation On NOVACOM driver had obviously failed.UNI Should Fix it right?

4.The Seller Sent a Chinese Charger (Input AC90v-240v / Output - DC 4v-8v 400ma Max) .Should I Be Charging With It?I am using my Nokia data Cable to charge It for now

5.Are There any good Cases & Screen guards available With A Good price and free Shipping to India???

6.Can My PPx+ Be connected to my PC in MTP Mode??

TIA
    If the OTA update is not working then you can use the webOS doctor to bring it up to date.
    Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals

Also i recommend installing preware which will allow you to improve the phone. There are a ton of threads here about it.
    Yeah, first thing I would do is doctor the Pixi. If it is running too hot, it might be because the previous owner overclocked it too high. Or who knows what else it might have had done to it. Anyway, I assume doctoring it should also update it to 1.4.5, but I'm not certain about that since mine was 1.4.5 when I bought it. Also I had no trouble with the Novacom driver and Win7x64, possibly something else that 1.4.5 fixed.

I encourage carrying the Pixi without a case. IMO the battery cover of the Pixi acts as the case for the phone, so there is no reason to protect the case with another case.

Screen protectors should be cheap and easy to find. Here's a decent deal:

Three LCD Screen Guards / Protectors for Palm Pixi / P | eBay

No reason to get an expensive brand-name screen protector since they're all made from the same stuff anyway. I got my screen protector from HandHeldItems.com at $7 USD for a three-pack, and it works very well. They do ship to India I think, but they are out of clear screen protectors for the Pixi. All they have is mirrored.

The charger should work fine if it's a USB charger.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Syndil View Post
    Yeah, first thing I would do is doctor the Pixi.
    With WebOS Doctor right?
    Do U have any how to guide?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by wylis76 View Post
    If the OTA update is not working then you can use the webOS doctor to bring it up to date.
    Is It The Same as Doctoring as told By the next poster?

Quote Originally Posted by wylis76 View Post
    Also i recommend installing preware which will allow you to improve the phone. There are a ton of threads here about it.
    Again,do you have a tutorial in mind Sir???
    Just follow the directions here:

http://ws.hpwebos.com/webosdoctor/sorry.htm
    Touchscreens are a fad.
  7.    #7  
    Okay Doctoring Went Fine and i Installed too.Thnx Very much
    I Installed "a Glass whoo" Theme and Since then i am not being able to install any other theme.It shows up in preware in unknown category and does not Have any Remove option.What do i have to do???

TIA