Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1.    #1  
    I'm looking at buying an Unlocked Palm Pixi Plus. I know that I can insert a SIM card once it is unlocked and if it is GSM, which it is. The problem I have is that I want this phone merely for voice and text, I can not afford the data and I think it's a waste when the phone has Wi-Fi. I have done some research and have found out that in order to use the device one must activate/register it. How am I supposed to this with a Tmobile network and no data? I've read about "bypassing" the activaion screen with a bypass tool or with webOS Doctor. I don't really understand the difference between these two but I understand there are limitations such as "Phone and SMS functionality won't work; meaning calls and text messages will not work." which is what I want the phone for. Can anyone help me? Does anyone have a Tmobile phone with no data? Has anyone tried this and are you able to make calls and send texts? Any information is greatly appreciated it!!
  2. dzee206's Avatar
    Posts
    142 Posts
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by yfran044 View Post
    I'm looking at buying an Unlocked Palm Pixi Plus. I know that I can insert a SIM card once it is unlocked and if it is GSM, which it is. The problem I have is that I want this phone merely for voice and text, I can not afford the data and I think it's a waste when the phone has Wi-Fi. I have done some research and have found out that in order to use the device one must activate/register it. How am I supposed to this with a Tmobile network and no data? I've read about "bypassing" the activaion screen with a bypass tool or with webOS Doctor. I don't really understand the difference between these two but I understand there are limitations such as "Phone and SMS functionality won't work; meaning calls and text messages will not work." which is what I want the phone for. Can anyone help me? Does anyone have a Tmobile phone with no data? Has anyone tried this and are you able to make calls and send texts? Any information is greatly appreciated it!!
    they both do what you want but the bypass tool is alot quicker but if your up for the challenge go ahead and use meta doctor (not the same as webos doctor). either way with no service you can only use it for wifi.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by dzee206 View Post
    they both do what you want but the bypass tool is alot quicker but if your up for the challenge go ahead and use meta doctor (not the same as webos doctor). either way with no service you can only use it for wifi.
    Wow, really!? I can't believe phones are requiring data for texting and talking, well, thanks!
  4. #4  
    I don't know about the no data, but I got a new unlocked ATT Pixi+ a couple of weeks ago, just inserted my T-Mo sim, and had no problem activating. I do have a data plan.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by shneor View Post
    I don't know about the no data, but I got a new unlocked ATT Pixi+ a couple of weeks ago, just inserted my T-Mo sim, and had no problem activating. I do have a data plan.
    Did you have to set up a palm profile? or did you use those bypassing tools? If you used the tools, does your sms/voice work? Sorry I have so many questions I just want to make sure before I buy it. :P
  6. jpr01's Avatar
    Posts
    4 Posts
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    #6  
    Does the App Catalog work if you have a T-Mobile SIM?
    **EDIT**
    I got it working by making a call, then trying the First Use app. It hung on its attempt to restart so I forced a restart. I couldn't make the profile on T-Mobile until I made a call. I learned this on the KittyWireless FAQ.
    Last edited by jpr01; 10/03/2011 at 11:30 PM.
  7. #7  
    i used webos doctor to reset my phone but i do not have a palm profile and cannot get back into it is there anything i can do to get back into it ? its a palm pixi plus
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by jpr01 View Post
    Does the App Catalog work if you have a T-Mobile SIM?
    **EDIT**
    I got it working by making a call, then trying the First Use app. It hung on its attempt to restart so I forced a restart. I couldn't make the profile on T-Mobile until I made a call. I learned this on the KittyWireless FAQ.
    I had no problem at all - got an unlocked Pixi+, inserted my T-Mobile sim card, and activated via my TP account.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
  9. #9  
    im having the same problem....ive made a call,tried making a profile and still a no go.

    is there any other options?

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions