Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by L.R.Cote View Post
    * Syndil - I don't subscribe to those online services, I want to sync with my desktop. I like how the Palm system works, and I shudder to think that I'll have to depend on anything from MS.
    WebOS is designed to sync with the web. The Pixi Plus will work for you, but you will have to purchase The Missing Sync for Mac. Costs $40.

Sync iTunes, iCal, iPhoto, Address Book - The Missing Sync for Palm Pre for Mac

It will sync your Pixi Plus with the Mac Address Book, iTunes, iCal, Entourage, Safari and iPhoto via WiFi. Note that it requires WiFi to sync with the desktop, so your desktop must be on a network with WiFi accessibility. Files and documents can be transferred with a USB cable, but syncing must be done via WiFi.

Note that if you go Android, you will be forced to sign up for a Google account (if you don't already have one) and your syncing will be done through Google anyway... unless you purchase The Missing Sync for Android.

If these suggestions are not suitable, I'm afraid your stuck with BlackBerry. The Missing Sync may not have been written by Palm or HP, but it does an adequate job.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
  2.    #22  
    It looks like my beloved Treo will be in my life for years to come!

Syndil - you say that "It will sync your Pixi Plus with the Mac Address Book, iTunes, iCal, Entourage, Safari and iPhoto..." But the Pixi Plus isn't Mac based - how does that happen?

I'm using the Palm desktop software, not iCal. I want to be able to back up to my desktop, NOT to the web. When does Google/Android get hacked and thousands (if not millions) of people's data get stolen?

The last phone I'd consider is the Blackberry - RIM has a scary amount of control over them. One of my clients has one (company issued, of course) and he hates it. RIM goes down, he's cut off, and it's happened more than once.
    Quote Originally Posted by L.R.Cote View Post
    Syndil - you say that "It will sync your Pixi Plus with the Mac Address Book, iTunes, iCal, Entourage, Safari and iPhoto..." But the Pixi Plus isn't Mac based - how does that happen?
    It happens with the software I was talking about, The Missing Sync. You said you had a Mac, so that is the software you would need to accomplish what you are trying to do with a Pixi.

The Missing Sync would be your replacement for Palm Desktop if you were to go to the Pixi. If you want to stick with Palm Desktop, then you are saying you want to stick with PalmOS.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Quote Originally Posted by krazgjcc View Post
    Nope, I'm on Verizon
    2.1 works for a Verizon Pixi...

In the *offical* thread people had success installing. Read the thread or pm nuttybunny.
    My Pixi *Plus* can handle the "new features" of WebOS 2

Your 2.1 Pixi is only 15 minutes away: http://nuttybunny.wordpress.com/2011...pixi-plus-gsm/
    2.1 works for a Verizon Pixi...

In the *offical* thread people had success installing. Read the thread or pm nuttybunny.
    NuttyBunny says: Visit the thread, see the videos, decide for yourself

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12