Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By vc1492a
  1.    #1  
    Has anyone ever thought of designing some software for the Pixi so it could be used as a remote control? It would breathe some new life into some old Pixis lying around.

Here are my thoughts:

The keyboard would be used to search the TV Guide listings and from there, you would be able to select the channel on the screen and maybe tell your DVR box to record it.

The default view on the screen could be volume up/down and channel up/down buttons. Or maybe the volume buttons on the side could be used to change the channel/volume. Ultimately, the neatest setup would allow all of this to be customized by the user.

And in the end, the Pixi Plus could charge on your coffee table by using a Touchstone.

I'm not a programmer and I don't know how much effort would have to be put into this, but I thought it was a neat idea. Feel free to share your thoughts.
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    that sound's like a iphone to me........
    How would the Pixi communicate with the DVR? It has no IR transmitter. Can they be remotely controlled via WiFi?
    Touchscreens are a fad.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Syndil View Post
    How would the Pixi communicate with the DVR? It has no IR transmitter. Can they be remotely controlled via WiFi?
    That's what I was thinking.
    natepre509 likes this.
    I think the closest your going to get to something like this is the mythtv webos app (just did a search and came up with webmyth - A webOS app for remote control of MythTV frontend - Google Project Hosting).

I had an IR module for my handspring visor 'back in the day' which came with a remote control app, while it was functional technically the IR signal was far too weak to be effective as a regular remote.

OmniRemote Springboard Module Review

myself I have never liked touchscreen remotes, the concept sounds pretty cool but at the end of the day I don't want to have to look at the remote when I'm pushing buttons, just want to know by touch what button is the right one