1.    #1  
    Is there a way to monitor how many minutes have been used overall instead of just per phone call? I'm on PagePlus and have limited minutes and would love a way to track how many i go through in a month on my phone
    I think this is what you are looking for:
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-h...7-minstat.html

The app is no longer maintained but works well under 1.4.5.
    Be sure to read carefully the installation instructions
  3.    #3  
    That is exactly what I am looking for! Will try it out and let you know
  4.    #4  
    Darn, I wasn't able to install
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    you can text 'bal' to 7243 and PP will give you the balance. no fee
    Quote Originally Posted by krazgjcc View Post
    Darn, I wasn't able to install
    Did you enabled Developer-Mode?

Then:

1) Download http://minstat.hlavka.de/minstat_package.zip, the archive contains both, the service and the app. Unzip it.
    2) Install both of the files with WebOS-QI - minstatservice at first (Java will restart), minstat as second
  7.    #7  
    I did have dev mode enabled...it woulit said the service package was corrupt. Any help much appreciated!
    I just checked the md5sum of the package with the one i saved when i installed it. They are the same, so it's no problem with the package itself.

Do you have any phone-app related patches installed?
    Does the failure appear on a fresh doctored device?
  9.    #9  
    Phone related patches:

call duration in call log,
    enabled dialpad vibration with audio

those are the only 2 and i've never doctored the device...
    Try to remove those two patches and install minstat afterwards like described. Perhaps you can reinstall the patches afterwards again...
  11.    #11  
    Removed them and still not able to install service portion. I have the icon on my phone afterward but it says "service error (not installed?)"
    A reboot doesn't help? Then my last advice would be to doctor the phone... but i'm not sure if this will solve your problem - perhaps it works only with world-ready GSM phones...
  13.    #13  
    I've never "doctored" my phone and really don't understand what it means....sorry i'm such a newbie at all this I do appreciate you taking the time to problem solve this with me, but I think you are right, may not work on my phone
    Doctoring your phone means to put your phone back to factory defaults... This wipes every changes you made (patches, apps...) and also all personal data (Call-Log, SMS, ...).
    You need to download a program for your PC/Mac and plug your phone via USB.
    The process is pretty easy (you find a link to the correct version of program in your palm-profile online). I never heard of anyone who had problems after doctoring his phone.

But as said, you will loose all data, that are currently on your phone - so you have to decide if it's worth - because i can't promise it'll work afterwards, and the minutes-counter was not always 100% reliable... so my answer would be "no"
  15.    #15  
    Agreed! I do appreciate you taking the time to be sure I understood, thank you!