Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. JennRN's Avatar
    Posts
    34 Posts
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
       #1  
    I have a Pixi Plus w/ pageplus for about 6 months now. I really like it but I still have a few questions:
    I'm not sure if I can save my contacts to my laptop. Am I supposed to back up?? How does it work?

    Also I use Yahoo email and it's really slow to load. Sometimes it works faster if I use 3G over wi-fi but if I delete an email, then check an email, then go back, the deleted email will still be there.

    Also is there a way to improve call reception? Unfortunately in my home I don't get good reception, I have to go upstairs just to make a call (we don't have a house phone) and I get a lot of dropped calls.

    As for texting is there a way for it to do predictive texting?

    Thanks
  2. #2  
    Is pageplus your carrier?? Not sure what that is. Anyway, check with your carrier, they may be able to help with your reception issue. This is the Sprint airave, maybe other carriers have similiar solutions. Many ppl here have mentioned that Sprint gave them 1 for free after they b*tched enough about crappy reception.

    As far as saving your contacts, that depends on how you have them stored on your Pixi. If they are palm profile contacts, then no, there is no way to transfer them to your laptop. They are backed up to Palm/HP servers so that if you have to Dr or replace your device then they will automatically be restored. However, if you have your contacts saved as gmail, yahoo, hotmail, etc... then they will be available within that particular application. This is the preferred method and I believe most people use gmail.

    WebOS does not have predictive typing but it does have the 'auto correct edit dictionary'. As an example, when you type r it will correct it to are or u will correct to you, youll will correct to you'll. Search the forums, there are a few threads about this and how you can edit the dictionary to add your own.

    For your slow email issue, check to see if your 'trash', 'spam' or 'junk' folders are really full. That can slow you down.

    Mine-Sprint Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G/LTE
    Sprint Pre, 1.4.5 overclocked with F102A Delta Dagger - retired 12-18-11
    Wife's- Sprint LG Viper 4G/LTE
    R.I.P. - My Launch day Pre - 06-06-09--04-18-11

    Never trust a computer (or phone) named after a fruit.
  3. dzee206's Avatar
    Posts
    142 Posts
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    #3  
    what webos version are you on? if your on 1.4.5.1 theres a patch for that in preware.forgot what its called but you can install this patch and back your contacts via email. your best bet is to check the contacts section in preware and send your vcard to yourself.
  4. JennRN's Avatar
    Posts
    34 Posts
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
       #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by dzee206 View Post
    what webos version are you on? if your on 1.4.5.1 theres a patch for that in preware.forgot what its called but you can install this patch and back your contacts via email. your best bet is to check the contacts section in preware and send your vcard to yourself.
    thanks, I found the patch send contacts via email and was able to save to my computer.
  5. JennRN's Avatar
    Posts
    34 Posts
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
       #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by prolongexistence View Post
    Is pageplus your carrier?? Not sure what that is. Anyway, check with your carrier, they may be able to help with your reception issue. This is the Sprint airave, maybe other carriers have similiar solutions. Many ppl here have mentioned that Sprint gave them 1 for free after they b*tched enough about crappy reception.

    As far as saving your contacts, that depends on how you have them stored on your Pixi. If they are palm profile contacts, then no, there is no way to transfer them to your laptop. They are backed up to Palm/HP servers so that if you have to Dr or replace your device then they will automatically be restored. However, if you have your contacts saved as gmail, yahoo, hotmail, etc... then they will be available within that particular application. This is the preferred method and I believe most people use gmail.

    WebOS does not have predictive typing but it does have the 'auto correct edit dictionary'. As an example, when you type r it will correct it to are or u will correct to you, youll will correct to you'll. Search the forums, there are a few threads about this and how you can edit the dictionary to add your own.

    For your slow email issue, check to see if your 'trash', 'spam' or 'junk' folders are really full. That can slow you down.
    Page Plus cellular is a prepaid service using verizon. I pay $30/month for 1200 mins + 2000 texts + 100mb data plan. I'm not interested in paying more, I guess I'll just deal w/it for now.

    I'll check my email to see if full. For some reason now 3G is not showing up when I switch to data.
  6. dzee206's Avatar
    Posts
    142 Posts
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by JennRN View Post
    thanks, I found the patch send contacts via email and was able to save to my computer.
    your welcome, glad it helped you out.
  7. JennRN's Avatar
    Posts
    34 Posts
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
       #7  
    OK, new problem. I installed the patch that attaches data connection to device menu in upper right corner. Everything was fine until a few days ago. I no longer can get on 3G network, which usually worked faster for me than wi-fi when I really needed it. What's really strange is that if I go to the phone icon, preferences, data usage is marked on but there is no 3G icon. The only thing I can think of is that I updated Govnah, I have now removed Govnah and the program that goes w/it and the problem is still here. Any ideas?? please help
  8. #8  
    the 3g icon won't show when connected to wifi.
  9. JennRN's Avatar
    Posts
    34 Posts
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
       #9  
    I turn wi-fi off first of course, 3G doesn't work right. I usually toggle between the 2, worked fine for the past few months

    Update: I checked again on Kitty website, they suggested my acct balance for data might be 0. I checked PP and it's empty. Hopefully this is the solution. Just wait a few weeks to get it going again
    Last edited by JennRN; 09/04/2011 at 04:18 PM.

Posting Permissions