1.    #1  
    I've had my Pixi since January, everything worked great for about 3 weeks. Then all of a sudden the wifi decides to stop working on me. I went through a bunch of steps and finally decided to do a full hardware reset. It started working again for a couple days then would go off again, so I'd shut it off for a little with battery out, which worked sometimes.

I bought it off Amazon and I use PagePlus so I couldn't really call anyone to send it back. Every time I try to turn on the wifi all I get is the little spinning circle that never stops. Then I go the Wifi Preferences menu, I switch it on and absolutely nothing happens.

The Wifi was the main reason I purchased this phone. And I won't be able to get another phone I like until later this year so I'm pretty much stuck, I do really really like the pixi and would have been perfect for me had I not have all these problems with it. The only good thing that has happened to me is that PagePlus changed the plan from 50 MB of data to 100. But 100 MB still gets sucked up very fast.

I've heard other people with the same complaints as mines, but I never saw a solution. The problem might have to do with Uberkernel and Govnah that I both had on there
    Quote Originally Posted by NellesPixi View Post
    I've had my Pixi since January, everything worked great for about 3 weeks. Then all of a sudden the wifi decides to stop working on me. I went through a bunch of steps and finally decided to do a full hardware reset. It started working again for a couple days then would go off again, so I'd shut it off for a little with battery out, which worked sometimes.

I bought it off Amazon and I use PagePlus so I couldn't really call anyone to send it back. Every time I try to turn on the wifi all I get is the little spinning circle that never stops. Then I go the Wifi Preferences menu, I switch it on and absolutely nothing happens.

The Wifi was the main reason I purchased this phone. And I won't be able to get another phone I like until later this year so I'm pretty much stuck, I do really really like the pixi and would have been perfect for me had I not have all these problems with it. The only good thing that has happened to me is that PagePlus changed the plan from 50 MB of data to 100. But 100 MB still gets sucked up very fast.

I've heard other people with the same complaints as mines, but I never saw a solution. The problem might have to do with Uberkernel and Govnah that I both had on there
    Have you tried doctoring?
    My Pixi *Plus* can handle the "new features" of WebOS 2

Your 2.1 Pixi is only 15 minutes away: http://nuttybunny.wordpress.com/2011...pixi-plus-gsm/
  3.    #3  
    Yes I've tried doctoring it twice, erasing everything off my pixi, used up the whole 80MB of data that I had for the rest of the month
    Just started having the same problem with my Plussified Sprint Pixi. Also running Uberkernel and Govnah.

I have a patch that supposed to turn on the WiFi when the device is unlocked, and turn it off when it's locked. Nothing now. When I try to do it manually, just get the spinning circle.

In the past couple of days I've been over at my parents' house in the country, and have noticed that the Pixi seems to get very hot when searching for a signal. I wonder if that had anything to do with it. Seems far-fetched but that's the only thing I can think that's happened recently that might have done something.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
  5.    #5  
    @Syndil

That could have something to do with it now that you mention it. I set it up with Govnah and Uberkernel the day I got it, and worked awesomely for about 3 weeks. The day before it stopped working I had gone up north 3 hours where it is also country. My phone did get hot and because we were driving it was constantly searching for signals. That night I put my phone on the charger and the next morning my wifi signal was gone.
    Hmmm.... Wonder if the heat fried the WiFi. My common sense tells me it's highly unlikely, but I'm grasping at straws at this point. Guess I could always get another Verizon Pixi Plus to donate another WiFi radio.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Ok so I got mine fixed. I think the problem has something to do with the recent updates to either Uberkernel or Govnah, or maybe both.

Here's exactly what I did. I decided to uninstall Uberkernel. First thing I did was launch Govnah and set the profile back to Palm default. I then launched Preware, uninstalled Govnah, and then uninstalled Uberkernel. I let it restart after uninstalling the kernel and my WiFi was working again.

Suspecting that Uberkernel was the culprit, I then reinstalled Uberkernel and restarted again. Did not bother installing Govnah for this test. After the restart, WiFi was again non-functional. Patted myself on the back for pinning the problem, uninstalled Uberkernel and restarted again, fully expecting WiFi to be restored after the restart. Nope. No worky.

Puzzled, I launched Preware and installed the Palm default kernel. Restart, still no worky. Installed and uninstalled Uberkernel one more time, still no love. Finally got a clue. Installed Uberkernal, restarted, installed Govnah. Launched Govnah, changed to an overclocked profile, then back to Palm default. Uninstalled Govnah, uninstalled Uberkernel, restarted, and WiFi is now working again.

Hopefully this novella helps the devs pinpoint the issue. If there is anything more I can do to help troubleshoot, let me know. I have terminal on my Pixi.

-- Sent from my Palm Pixi using Forums
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Bah this thing has been driving me crazy. In order to see if my above info was useful, I tried to reproduce the error but could not. At least not at first. This last time, the only way I was able to get WiFi working again was to: Install Palm Kernel, restart. Install Uberkernel, restart. Install Govnah, set overclock profile, restart. Open Govnah, set back to Palm default, uninstall Govnah, uninstall Uberkernel, restart, and WiFi is now working once more. I'm not sure what's going on, but I'm leaving it alone for now, now that WiFi is working.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Well I thought I had the problem licked, but turns out it was just the restarts that was re-enabling the WiFi. And after a while, it dies again, and then takes multiple restarts before it decides to come back up. Not sure if this is an actual hardware problem or a driver problem, but I don't have enough knowledge to troubleshoot the driver.

lsmod shows the sd8xxx module, size is 295984, used by 0. eth0 is non-existent, and trying to bring eth0 up returns "no such device." Googling for "sd8xxx 295984" only returns info from the PSFreedom project running on a Pre.

My next step will be to do a doctor, but from what NellesPixi said, I don't have much hope that it will work.

Is it even remotely possible that this issue could be driver related, or should I just chalk it up to hardware and look for a replacement WiFi radio?
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Update on this. I recently purchased another VZW Pixi Plus to donate another WiFi board to my Sprint Pixi, thinking the board itself had gone bad. However the problem seems to have resolved itself, as the WiFi radio currently in my Sprint Pixi now seems to be working reliably again.

I think what fixed it was doctoring it, which removed all traces of Uberkernal and Govnah. It didn't start working immediately after I doctored it, which is weird, but like a week after it seems to be running fine now. I suspected from the beginning that, due to the intermittent nature of the issue, it may be heat related. OC'ing generates more heat, so that may still be the case. I will not be re-installing UK/Govnah in the hopes that my WiFi will continue to work. I will, however, reinstall Preware and all my patches.

Nelles, did you ever get yours working again?
    Touchscreens are a fad.