Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789
Like Tree3Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pezman726 View Post
    sounds like it extracted to me. Do an ls is there a new directory called ubuntuconf?
    Pez, this is extremely frustrating. I can no longer mount debian1.img. It just will not start, and though it appears to mount when I do it manually (as the fstab entry no longer seems to do the job) I end up is webos. The chroot command in the script does not give any errors either.

I have not used it for 2 days. I don't understand why this happens, it makes no sense to me. The fstab entry is correct, but apparently does not execute appropriately. It used to work fine.

Other programs I have installed have been added to fstab (like Navit). As I say, it's very frustrating, as I can no longer even get to debian.

Shneor
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    Quote Originally Posted by shneor View Post
    Pez, this is extremely frustrating. I can no longer mount debian1.img. It just will not start, and though it appears to mount when I do it manually (as the fstab entry no longer seems to do the job) I end up is webos. The chroot command in the script does not give any errors either.

I have not used it for 2 days. I don't understand why this happens, it makes no sense to me. The fstab entry is correct, but apparently does not execute appropriately. It used to work fine.

Other programs I have installed have been added to fstab (like Navit). As I say, it's very frustrating, as I can no longer even get to debian.

Shneor
    Now you feel my pain
    My Pixi *Plus* can handle the "new features" of WebOS 2

Your 2.1 Pixi is only 15 minutes away: http://nuttybunny.wordpress.com/2011...pixi-plus-gsm/
  3.    #163  
    I'm as lost as you! I have doctored with ext3fs partition. So I have no experience troubleshooting it.
    I'm as lost as you! I have doctored with ext3fs partition. So I have no experience troubleshooting it.
    There's over a screenfull of stuff after I start chroot, but it vanishes and is replaced by the webos prompt at the top of the screen. That "start debian" must be a script, and I'd like to at least look at it; but I need to access the script to > the output to a file. Do you know where the script is located?

Also, do know of an editor for PC that works like vi, for example? (no cr/lf, etc.) I think I'd like to edit fstab so that the chroot mount is not the last line.
    Thx,
    Shneor
    Shneor
    Pex,
    I got to ubuntuconf, started the script, it asked for a username - you did not sent it to me, so I don't know the username you created. I used one I created, it said it would modify the script, and started to run. But then errors like "cannot create regular file", and nothing downloaded, then it could not find the files so it exited the app. I'm now running it as root, it still cannot find the files. example "unable to locate package Onboard". It rund thru the dependencies, than cannot dl anything, apparently. But no prob when I use apt-get. It's stuck on Florence, even though I selected Onboard. It's hung on ".gconf/apps/florence/style/%gconf.xml
    Last edited by shneor; 10/04/2011 at 07:47 PM.
    Shneor
  6.    #166  
    odd...i thought the file I sent you had the florence stuff commented out.

I'm going to email you a replacement runme.sh file. Will update when sent...
    odd...i thought the file I sent you had the florence stuff commented out.

I'm going to email you a replacement runme.sh file. Will update when sent...
    Hi Pez,
    I moved the new file to the right place with Internalz. Then I tried to boot into chroot. Here's the new problem: Part of the script that did run asked if I wanted to mount /media/internal/. I answered "yes". Now, the "start chroot" script hangs after the chroot line in the startup script, message is umount: /media/internal: not mounted and I can't get out of that (<ctrl> d or c or q or z do not work). Got an idea how to break that?
    Thx,
    Shneor
    Shneor
    Pez,
    Best I can think of is to use internalz, copy debian's fstab to a work directory in webos, edit out the "mount /media/internal" entry, and copy it back - if internalz will let me overwrite. What do you think? Or is there a way to break out of the hang?
    Thx,
    Shneor
    Shneor
  9.    #169  
    no idea on that one. I didn't mount it because I didn't know what it'd do, but a fair guess would be to remove the line from the fstab. You don't need to move it, just edit it straight with internalz. It should work.
    no idea on that one. I didn't mount it because I didn't know what it'd do, but a fair guess would be to remove the line from the fstab. You don't need to move it, just edit it straight with internalz. It should work.
    Just FYI, I ran the Ubuntuconf on my Touchpad. Works fine, but I wish I know how to bring up Onboard keyboard. I used the tweak to turn off the TP virtual keyboard, then couldn't figure out the Onboard start. Hope your conf file leaves me with just the Pixi's built-in keyboard. Incidentally, internals was mounted just fine; this is good, as it means I can access music, videor, etc. stored on the usb drive.
    I guess what I really need is to know what key or combo will get me uut of a hung command.
    Thx,
    Shneor

Later: There's no entry mounting /internal in either fstab, except for the standard entry in webos. So it's a mystery to me how it's happening, unless there's some script still running somehow.
    Last edited by shneor; 10/05/2011 at 05:48 PM.
    Shneor
  11.    #171  
    I believe onboard meant the webos keyboard. So you'll need to reenable it in tweaks.

as for the pixi, I commented out the keyboard selection question in the script I sent you. If it is on it complains about not finding the onboard keyboard files!

edit: I looked at what the runme file was doing...
    Code:
    echo "/dev/mapper/store-media /media/internal vfat rw,realtime,fmask=0000,dmask=0000,allow_utime=0022,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro 0 0" >> /etc/fstab
    		mount -a
    		#ensure the usb partition mounts if desired
    		echo "umount /media/internal" >> /root/.bashrc
    		echo "mount /media/internal" >> /root/.bashrc
    so it looks like its got to be in your fstab somewhere, and maybe some stuff in your .bashrc as well
    Last edited by pezman726; 10/05/2011 at 10:16 PM.
    I believe onboard meant the webos keyboard. So you'll need to reenable it in tweaks.

as for the pixi, I commented out the keyboard selection question in the script I sent you. If it is on it complains about not finding the onboard keyboard files!

edit: I looked at what the runme file was doing...
    Code:
    echo "/dev/mapper/store-media /media/internal vfat rw,realtime,fmask=0000,dmask=0000,allow_utime=0022,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro 0 0" >> /etc/fstab
    		mount -a
    		#ensure the usb partition mounts if desired
    		echo "umount /media/internal" >> /root/.bashrc
    		echo "mount /media/internal" >> /root/.bashrc
    so it looks like its got to be in your fstab somewhere, and maybe some stuff in your .bashrc as well
    Pez, Onboard is another keyboard layout (I have it installed on my ubuntu chroot in my Touchpad, like Florence. In any case, it seems moot now, because although I have removed and reinstalled Xecutah Xserver and Xterm four times so far, Xterm just won't start up. There's a bunch of text that shows up, and it ends with stopping xterm. I cannot get past that now.

As far as the chroot boot, there seems to be a file called mtab that may contain the mount point for /internal.

I'm taking a break, until I can get some idea to fix xterm.

By the way, I'm findingthe lact of root to be a bit of a hindrance in unbuntu. For example, I want vlc to play files on my usb drive - but it won't go there as I'm not root.

Anyway, I need to take a break from this, I have been spending many hours on it.

I'll be in touch, though. And thanks for all your help!
    Shneor
    Pez,
    Well, miracles never cease, I guess...got into debian chroot this am and found a couple of strange things: First, the ubuntuconf directory is gone. Second, the usb drive is mounted. Third, while copying a file, the keyboard suddenly appeared to go into something that resembles vi mode. I could not get out, so I quit. Tried to get back in, and xterm did not work.

It appears to me that part of your script ran, but the part that did not run was downloading files. I'm a little concerned about re-running the latest script. Just in case it works again, what do you think?
    Shneor
    Shneor
  14.    #174  
    rerun it. Won't hurt anything.
    I can not star x server it is not in the list I did everything installed xecutah xterm and xserver than created ext3fs with commands I loocked for it in internal it exsist than mounted it than installed debian 6.0.2 and in the xecutah there is only xterm and debian no x server and when I press debian it does nothing I tried to run debian when xterm is running but nothing happened what is wrong?
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789