Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #121  
    in debian, the base one that had jar and jad
    Do have a link? I could not find one in Debian.
    So do I need to move all the directories and files in the emulator zip file to chroot, or just the jar and jad?
    Thx.

In the meantime, I installed kazehakase browser. Comes up looking very good, but every attempt to go anywhere results in a segmentation fault. I'm uninstalling, may try to reinstall to see if it makes any difference. It really does look good.
    Last edited by shneor; 09/20/2011 at 03:29 PM.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
  3.    #123  
    Quote Originally Posted by shneor View Post
    Do have a link? I could not find one in Debian.
    So do I need to move all the directories and files in the emulator zip file to chroot, or just the jar and jad?
    Thx.
    go here

and select the 6.1 and hit view link. Get the 2 files.

copy the whole contents of the zip file to the chroot.

run the jar file for the emulator, select file and load the .jad file. Then start it.

EDIT: nice find on that kazehakase browser. It works better for me than chromium. The scrolling is a lot cleaner for me! Thanks!
    Last edited by pezman726; 09/20/2011 at 06:12 PM.
    I'm surprised that it works for you - I kept getting segmentation errors every time I tried to go to a site. Did you install with apt-get?
    Shneor
  5.    #125  
    yep. I'm using xfce4 though..and a bunch of other settings. I modified a script from the "webos development" section here with ubuntu auto configuration. I changed a couple things to get it to work. I can send you it if you'd like. Send me an email (my addy is in the debian package on preware) if you want the script and instructions.

-pez
    I installed xfce4 - but it would not run. The only browser that actually runs and is somewhat usable is Lynx, which is a text browser. I've tried many browsers, none are really usable.
    Shneor
  7.    #127  
    email sent. With the script, you'll be able to install and start xfce4 (in fact...when you launch debian, it'll autostart xfce4)
    I am doctoring back to 1.4.5.(I miss my Angry Birds). Should I doctor back via meta-doctor? Or just the original 1.4.5 doctor?

edit: I already started the *official* 1.4.5 ATT Pixi doctor. Time to install Debian(finally) on my Pixi! Could somebody give me a command to install a GUI? Like xfce4 or something like that? And is there a root user?
    Last edited by palmlover123; 09/23/2011 at 08:07 PM.
    My Pixi *Plus* can handle the "new features" of WebOS 2

Your 2.1 Pixi is only 15 minutes away: http://nuttybunny.wordpress.com/2011...pixi-plus-gsm/
  9.    #129  
    you meta dr w/ext3fs partition?
    Quote Originally Posted by pezman726 View Post
    you meta dr w/ext3fs partition?
    Yea, I already doctored back to 1.4.5. Just getting my apps, accounts, etc. back. I will try this with a ext3fs folder in /media again.

Before I do ANYTHING, let me install Preware and OC the phone.

Your 2.1 Pixi is only 15 minutes away: http://nuttybunny.wordpress.com/2011...pixi-plus-gsm/
  11.    #131  
    Quote Originally Posted by palmlover123 View Post
    Yea, I already doctored back to 1.4.5. Just getting my apps, accounts, etc. back. I will try this with a ext3fs folder in /media again.

but...did you make the partition with metadoctor, or at you planning on using an img again?

also, email me(address is in the package on preware) and I'll send you the script I used to install xfce4.
    but...did you make the partition with metadoctor, or at you planning on using an img again?
    img, lets hope this works this time.

Ok, Just install the kernel and OC'ed the phone. Now its time for Debian. Will report back shorty, but this time I will be using terminal not XTerm.
    Last edited by palmlover123; 09/23/2011 at 08:45 PM.

email sent. With the script, you'll be able to install and start xfce4 (in fact...when you launch debian, it'll autostart xfce4)
    Thanks, Pez!
    Shneor
    I still keep getting "debian-squeeze-chroot unknown job"

Any ideas?

edit: sorry guys, 1.4.5 is too slow for me, even when OC'ed.
    Last edited by palmlover123; 09/24/2011 at 08:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NateTheGreat View Post
    Will open office for kids OOo4Kids run in Debian?

There is an ARM installation

http://ftp.educoo.org/home/OOo4Kids/...arm-O4K.tar.gz
    I found a couple arm versions ....but not sure I have the skills since I used VENIX on 286's.

Here are the install download instructions.

OOo4Kids 1.2 is out - ericb's place

apt-get?

deb Index of / testing main

ARM optimisation (OMAP3, Freescale i.MX515 (ARM Cortex-A8 800MHz), and genric armv6+ instruction set) Thanks to Simon Guinot and Fabien Rendu for their help.

OOo4Kids supposedly has less buttons...so might play well to PIXI sized screens..

Nate on 1.4.5.1
    Here is the English version...

Index of /dists/testing/main/binary-armhf

Nate
  17.    #137  
    I'll take a looksee tomorrow nate!
    Lookslike I completely hosed my debian install. Tried to install multiple times, the last time my Pixi hung. the only way out was to remove the battery and restart. Now, the list of Preware-installed apps has vanished, so I can't update those apps.

I'm wondering if I should just unmount debian.img (or remove the line from my fstab and reboot), erase debian.img and recreate it? I'm not really sure how to recover - been out of unix/linux for too long.
    Last edited by shneor; 09/25/2011 at 05:08 PM.
    Shneor
  19.    #139  
    just keep trying to install. If it doesn't untar the debian.tgz file in /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.debian-squeeze-chroot to your debian-squeeze-chroot directory on ext3fs. That is the step that it is failing on, and it is apparently a known issue, but only affects ppl using an image instead of partition.
    Just to be crystal clear: when I say deb chroot failed to nstall, I mean that it shows as installed, but when I look in ext3fs, nothing shows up. When I had it installed, or course, I could navigate to extfs - deb chroot and all the directories in deb chroot, without any problem. Now debian chroot itself does not show up in ext3fs. The tar file is not in ext3fs yet. It is also not mounting (does not show up with a "mount" cmd even though it is in my fstab), and will not mount manually.When I try to run chroot fro executah, I get 2 error messages: Service error (execute): Unable to run command:/sbin/initctl start org.webosinternals.debian-squeeze-chroot 2>&1; the second error reads: initctl: (00746/856468332) Unknown job: org.webosinternals.debian-squeeze-chroot

That is a message I have seen many times now. That's why I thought I should maybe unmount ext3fs/debian, rm debian.img and recreate it. I would really like some advice.
    Thx,
    Shneor
    Last edited by shneor; 09/26/2011 at 01:12 AM.
    Shneor
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast