Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #101  
    what directory were you in when you ran the tar command?
    Quote Originally Posted by pezman726 View Post
    what directory were you in when you ran the tar command?
    /media/internal/debian

The debian image is corrupt. I have tried reinsalling it.

Please answer this: How good is debian? Is it worth doctoring back? And is it usable on the small screen?
    My Pixi *Plus* can handle the "new features" of WebOS 2

Your 2.1 Pixi is only 15 minutes away: http://nuttybunny.wordpress.com/2011...pixi-plus-gsm/
    "Usable" is a relative term. Working with a GUI is tough, but no problems at all in text mode. Of course most applications are GUI. We should be able I think to run Flash (if there is one for Debian), vlc (there is a linux variant) and other applications that can't be run on the Pixi+ native OS. And Opera, which is adapted to the small screen (and which I still have not been able to d/l because Chromium is so hard to work with).
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    How to Install Adobe Flash in Debian Etch/Lenny/Sid

Flash on Debian . I am still thinking about doctoring back to 1.4.5...since flash doesn't work on 2.1, even though the browser recongized it...

Wait, use this link

http://wiki.debian.org/FlashPlayer#Installation
    My Pixi *Plus* can handle the "new features" of WebOS 2

Your 2.1 Pixi is only 15 minutes away: http://nuttybunny.wordpress.com/2011...pixi-plus-gsm/
    I installed vlc, it comes up just fine eve though it came up with errors. But I have nothing to play as I cannot dl anything because I can't get chromium to get anywhere. I cah type in a url, but I can't get it to there, a tap does not wok, neither does the enter key.
    Have you tried flash? And does it scale up to the screen? Could you take a picture or record a video with Debian running? Since Chrome doesn't work, try Firefox or Opera or something.

Quote Originally Posted by shneor View Post
    I installed vlc, it comes up just fine eve though it came up with errors. But I have nothing to play as I cannot dl anything because I can't get chromium to get anywhere. I cah type in a url, but I can't get it to there, a tap does not wok, neither does the enter key.
    I've been trying to download Opera (no Firefox available for Debian squeeze, apparently). But how? I'd like to get squeeze communicating with wifi, but I still can't figure out how to move files from say a pc to squeeze. There used to be a text browser oh, about 20 years ago, before graphic browsers became available. I'm sure there's one for debian, but I can't remember the name. It worked well, but no graphics at all. I can install with apt-get, but that's it.
    Shneor
    I'm trying to use nano to modify my apt sources file so I can get opera, but unfortunately, what is supposed to be the ctrl key does not work as a ctrl key. So I'm stuck in a nano help file, <crtl>X to exit, but nothing happens. The wipe is NOT acting like the <ctrl> key.
    Shneor
    How to install Adobe Flash on squeeze: How to Install Adobe Flash in Debian | Flash and ActionScript Tutorials

How to install opera: Opera - Debian Wiki
    Shneor
    OK, vi works, wow, that brings back memories. I'm now trying to install opera. Says "Package not available" so the link I posted must be outdated. Sorry. I'll try Flash when I get a chance.
    Shneor
    Same result for Flash and Firefox. Either the posts are outdated, or I can't add lines to my sources.list file using vi. Or echoing a line to the file. I'll try another day to see if apt-get still works for other deb squeeze packages.
    Shneor
    What about Iceweasel? It's rebranded Firefox, does it work?
  13.    #113  
    iceweasel doesn't work. Flash won't either. You can try gnash though. Also, you can use wosqi to put files to device, or put them in usb portion and use internalz to move files around (or you can use a terminal)
    I used a disk image for the partition, so it seems I can't get to it. But I'll check via usb. Pez, does Opera work for you? Opera mini should be just right, but I'm not as sure about opera for mobile.
    Shneor
    I installed Lynx, a text browser, and tried to download Opera Mini. I don't know if it succeeded. The text browser works, but is a bit difficult to use as I only know one arrow key (option key+period=right arrow). I think that caps+period is left arrow. But <ctrl>c and <ctrl>d and <ctrl>x don't work. Wish I had a keyboard map.

Later: Still no opera. usb of course does not work, as debian.img is just a file to webos as I have it set up. I was depending of being able to d/l via a browser. Lynx is not quite up to the task. I might try Konqueror.
    Shneor
  16.    #116  
    shneor,

get the files I linked to earlier, and the opera mobile jar and jad files on your pc. Transfer them via usb to your device (they will be in media/internal). Then use internalz to transfer the directory and files to your ext3fs/debian directory. Then you can launch them from within debian.
    Last edited by pezman726; 09/19/2011 at 08:06 PM.
    Pez, thx! I'll try to get to it ater tonight. Not sure which other files you refer to. (ou should not need both thr jar and jad - the jar by itself should do. I had Opera on my Treo, just the jar file. And I do have the java runtime installed.
    Pez, thanks! I did copy the files to /usr/bin in debian chroot using master mode in internalz, but I get errors when I try to run the jad file, nothing much when I try to run the jar file. I loaded Opera Mini, but apparently there's lots of Nokia stuff in that. Opera Mini is the one to use, and I thought it was a generic Java. I'm going to try opera mini 3 advanced.

Later: same kind of errors. Lots of "command not found". And this one looks like Blackberry, even though there's no label.
    Last edited by shneor; 09/20/2011 at 01:34 AM.
    Shneor
  19.    #119  
    you need to use the emulator I linked to earlier...and throw them somewhere other than bin...make a directory somewhere else, I gate using bin for stuff like that!
    Pez, is the emulator used on the pc or in debian on the pixi? Also, which version of opera mini did you use?
    Last edited by shneor; 09/20/2011 at 01:17 PM.
    Shneor