Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pezman726 View Post
    again, are all of the folders in your ext3fs folder, and the .img loop mounted to the ext3fs folder?? There is no reason this should not work in 2.1, as it works on my 1.4.5 pixi and my 3.0.2 touchpad.

there is an issue with properly extracting the .tgz file in the application on the pixi when using a .img file. If you do not have bin through var folders, it didn't extract properly and you'll need to manually do it.
    Yes, all the folders are in the ext3fs folder and I mounted the img. I will try manually extracting tomorrow. And where is it located again?
    My Pixi *Plus* can handle the "new features" of WebOS 2

Your 2.1 Pixi is only 15 minutes away: http://nuttybunny.wordpress.com/2011...pixi-plus-gsm/
    Pez,
    I have a couple of questions. I can't find debian 6.0.2.chroot in Preware. How do you get to it? Second, is there an upper limit on how much space is used in /media and still allow debian to be installed? Finally, roughly how much space does a reasonable complete debian take?
    Thx,
    Sherm
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    what command do i type to launch chromium?

edit: never mind i got it, turns out chromium never fully installed. luckily i doubled checked by uninstalling.
    Last edited by dzee206; 09/09/2011 at 08:25 AM.
    Did you install it on 2.1?

Quote Originally Posted by dzee206 View Post
    what command do i type to launch chromium?

edit: never mind i got it, turns out chromium never fully installed. luckily i doubled checked by uninstalling.
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    yeah on my pre+ though, still trying to put together a meta doctor so I can try this on the Pixi.

edit: anyone know why im getting this message after installing firefox, "reading package list...done, building dependency tree, reading state information...done, segmentation failed"?
    Last edited by dzee206; 09/10/2011 at 06:40 AM. Reason: question
    If I could just run OpenOffice through Debian.....I would be thrilled for Webos 1.4.5.1
    Has anyone gotten this to work on 2.1 for Pixi? I have tried, it didn't work. Since I reinstalled 2.1 last night, I will try again today.
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by palmlover123 View Post
    Has anyone gotten this to work on 2.1 for Pixi? I have tried, it didn't work. Since I reinstalled 2.1 last night, I will try again today.
    this should work since debian chroot is compatible with armv6 and armv7, unlike ubuntu chroot which is compatible with armv7. how far along did u get into the process?
    Again, can anyone tell me where to find Debian 6.0.2 chroot in Preware?
    Thx.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    I got to the point where you would just need to launch it via Xctuah. It would not launch. And I had the iso mounted and everything.

this should work since debian chroot is compatible with armv6 and armv7, unlike ubuntu chroot which is compatible with armv7. how far along did u get into the process?
    Quote Originally Posted by shneor View Post
    Again, can anyone tell me where to find Debian 6.0.2 chroot in Preware?
    Thx.
    ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-internals/testing/armv6
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    I got to the point where you would just need to launch it via Xctuah. It would not launch. And I had the iso mounted and everything.
    so when you launched xecutah and clicked on start xserver, a static looking screen didnt pop up? thats odd cause i read in a thread on here about getting this on the tp and someone mentioned they got it to work on 1.4.5.
    I am sorry if I got you confused. I did all the steps on the Debian Chroot page. I first launched Xtctuah.Then I hit xserver, then I hit Debian Chroot. After a couple of minutes, an error came up. And I am trying to redo it today.

Wait, should I first create the debian.img file first? Or should I install Debian Chroot first?

so when you launched xecutah and clicked on start xserver, a static looking screen didnt pop up? thats odd cause i read in a thread on here about getting this on the tp and someone mentioned they got it to work on 1.4.5.
    Last edited by palmlover123; 09/11/2011 at 07:23 AM.
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    I am sorry if I got you confused. I did all the steps on the Debian Chroot page. I first launched Xtctuah.Then I hit xserver, then I hit Debian Chroot. After a couple of minutes, an error came up. And I am trying to redo it today.

Wait, should I first create the debian.img file first? Or should I install Debian Chroot first?
    i'd go with the image first, then installing debian. i just redid my pixi so im still playing catch up to you but i followed these steps for my pre+ >Ubuntu ChRoot + LXDE on Palm Pre. - xda-developers . seems similar to the pixi process only thing i did different was partition my ext3fs using meta doctor.
    Slightly OT, but this is what I get when I run XTerm from Xecutah from my new Pre 2. Anyone else having this issue?
    twitpic.com/6hjbhg
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by innocentbystander View Post
    Slightly OT, but this is what I get when I run XTerm from Xecutah from my new Pre 2. Anyone else having this issue?
    twitpic.com/6hjbhg

try xserver instead of xterm after launching xecutah.
    Bah, I didn't follow your advice, it still gave me an error. Now I am going to try creating the image first, then installing Debian.

Your 2.1 Pixi is only 15 minutes away: http://nuttybunny.wordpress.com/2011...pixi-plus-gsm/
  18.    #38  
    yes, you need to create the .img first. All the .img isn't an image as you would normally think. It is an empty filesystem to mount, and when mounted, you are populating the chroot into it. You need to follow the instructions EXACTLY as they are written, in the order they are written, or this will fail!
    Quote Originally Posted by pezman726 View Post
    yes, you need the .img first. All the .img is is an empty filesystem to mount. You need to follow the instructions EXACTLY as they are written, in the order they are written, or this will fail!
    Trying that now Installed perfectly, but when I hit Xserver then Debian Chroot 6.0.2. It just shows me a grey screen with a big X, then it goes to a terminal.. any suggestions?
    Last edited by palmlover123; 09/11/2011 at 06:51 PM.

trying that now installed perfectly, but when i hit xserver then debian chroot 6.0.2. It just shows me a grey screen with a big x, then it goes to a terminal.. Any suggestions?
    error
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast