1.    #1  
    A crack appeared on my Palm Pixi, rendering my touchscreen completely useless. I've been able to maneuver my way around just using the keyboard for calling people and what not until i use my upgrade next week to get a different phone...Question though...does anyone know how to view a text message that comes in? I am able to get to the main screen for messaging, and it shows a new message but i can't figure out how to open the actual message??
    Last edited by humina; 08/25/2011 at 04:23 PM.
  2.    #2  
    Can someone at least tell me if it's possible? I just need to read one message haha..
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    Sorry to hear this. I lost my screen as well, and was able to use just type to bring up terminal that I already installed from Preware. After that I copied the palm database files to get to old messages all from the keyboard. I got a $50 pixi plus and replaced the screen, and in hindsight, that was easier to do if all I wanted was the old data.
    Palm III -> Treo 90 -> Treo 650 -> Motorola Q -> Treo 755p -> Pixi -> Sprint FrankenPixi+ -> Blackberry Bold 9930
  4. Bo
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    I wish I could do that, I cant get past the lock screen. I have my lock screen password protected and cannot find a way to get past it. I too am waiting for my new Pixi to change the screen and digitizer since I don't want to go thru the trouble of syncing all of my contacts/notes and tasks from my current phone to another one. Truthfully, don't know if I'd be able to do it anyway because I can't get past the lock screen.
    Bo cant you just use the keyboard to input the PIN number? I just tried it and it works.
    I cant get past the drag to unlock on my wife's newly cracked pixi. i was able to download the memos from the db file. Happy about that. If anyone needs instructions let me know.