Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. Spinfusor's Avatar
    Posts
    78 Posts
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
       #1  
    I'm trying to use the doctor to flash my new Pixi Plus with 1.4.5.1 (using Mac OS 10.7). When I get to the "select a destination" screen, I get the following message: "Palm webOS Drivers can't be installed on this disk. A newer version of this software already exists on this disk."

    I thought that it might be related to the emulator/SDK, so I tried uninstalling those (I still have the same problem). The Updates app isn't working either; it keeps disconnecting from HP's servers.



    Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    "Visits? Well that would indicate visitors."
    "Future events such as these will affect you in the future."
  2. spikea4's Avatar
    Posts
    455 Posts
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    #2  
    I really don't understand. If you use the web doctor, you run the doctor when prompted to connect device. Connect (usb) hit next.
  3. Spinfusor's Avatar
    Posts
    78 Posts
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
       #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikea4 View Post
    I really don't understand. If you use the web doctor, you run the doctor when prompted to connect device. Connect (usb) hit next.
    The "Install Palm webOS Drivers" program that appears when running the doctor won't work. When I quit that, the doctor switches to the "connect your phone" prompt, but "next" is grayed out.
    "Visits? Well that would indicate visitors."
    "Future events such as these will affect you in the future."
  4. spikea4's Avatar
    Posts
    455 Posts
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    #4  
    Is the device in USB mode?
  5. spikea4's Avatar
    Posts
    455 Posts
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    #5  
    I really no nothing about mac. But, with a pc if the computer isn't connecting it normally is novacom issue. Reinstalling it with webos quick installer normally fixes it.

    You can also try forcing the device into USB mode and connecting then, sometimes that will make the doctor pick it up. Hold "power, up volume, center button" at the same time. A big USB symbol will appear.
  6. Spinfusor's Avatar
    Posts
    78 Posts
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
       #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikea4 View Post
    Is the device in USB mode?
    I've tried running the doctor with the phone in USB mode and just charge. It doesn't work either way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Spikea4 View Post
    I really no nothing about mac. But, with a pc if the computer isn't connecting it normally is novacom issue. Reinstalling it with webos quick installer normally fixes it. You can also try forcing the device into USB mode and connecting then, sometimes that will make the doctor pick it up. Hold "power, up volume, center button" at the same time. A big USB symbol will appear.
    I'll try these...
    "Visits? Well that would indicate visitors."
    "Future events such as these will affect you in the future."
  7. Spinfusor's Avatar
    Posts
    78 Posts
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
       #7  
    webOS Quick Install has the same problem as the doctor when it tries to install Novacom (Palm webOS Drivers can't be installed...). I have a sneaking suspicion that it may be a Lion issue.
    "Visits? Well that would indicate visitors."
    "Future events such as these will affect you in the future."
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinfusor View Post
    webOS Quick Install has the same problem as the doctor when it tries to install Novacom (Palm webOS Drivers can't be installed...). I have a sneaking suspicion that it may be a Lion issue.
    My Mac with Lion, is having issues with Quick Install. I have the latest Java for 10.7

    Just try on a different computer.
    My Pixi *Plus* can handle the "new features" of WebOS 2

    Your 2.1 Pixi is only 15 minutes away: http://nuttybunny.wordpress.com/2011...pixi-plus-gsm/
  9. #9  
    It seems the sdk uninstaller doesn't do a great job cleaning up after itself. I had to run the following:

    sudo pkgutil --forget palm.novaInstaller.macnovainstaller.pkg

    before I could reinstall novacom.

    Hope that helps.

Posting Permissions