Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    I have been reading about the webOS 2.1 update and how to perform the operation but I am new to the program world. I have been trying to follow the instructions that NUTTYBUNNY gave on how to install 2.1 on the palm pixi. Ok, I have cygwin installed and the files in the correct order and name. How to I run the program with "make install"? Is this GnuWin?
    Last edited by aligring; 08/24/2011 at 09:28 PM. Reason: I have been learning.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Did you install make from the setup file on cygwin?
  3.    #3  
    yes, I have that, and I have all the files in a folder. With the correct names. How do you cd directory?
    ok go into cygwin and type cd /pixi

exactly how i wrote it with the space
  5.    #5  
    Ok, I did exactly what you said and it says (bash: cd: /pixi: No such file or directory)
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aligring View Post
    Ok, I did exactly what you said and it says (bash: cd: /pixi: No such file or directory)
    I think you will have to create a folder named pixi and then move your files to that folder.
    Ya the files you have downloaded make a pixi folder and make sure inside the pixi folder you have other file called download and inside that you have the 2.1 pixi doctor.
    First off, what OS are you using? I am assuming that you are using Windows 7. Put the files on the Desktop. Then: cd C: /Users/YOURUSERNAME/Desktop/pixi (Oh, make the folder named "pixi") And what kind of Pixi are you using? ATT, Sprint, or Verizon? I have a ATT Pixi running smoothly with swap file and everything Also if you have Sprint, I heard that one user couldn't get his EV(3G) connection. But I hear that Verizon Pixis' have their 3G connection.
    My Pixi *Plus* can handle the "new features" of WebOS 2

Your 2.1 Pixi is only 15 minutes away: http://nuttybunny.wordpress.com/2011...pixi-plus-gsm/
  9.    #9  
    Ok I tried what 74sickness said and still the same thing came up (bash: cd: /pixi: No such file or directory). So I tried what palmlover123 said and now next to my username it shows /cygdrive/c .. Now what do I do? I have a Verizon Palm Pixi Plus, with the 1.4.5 on it which I done a full erase.
    Looks like you have got it palmlover123 helped me cause i was lost aswell but after that type make install and if it works you are done at&t pixis have another step but you dont have to worry about that.
    Put the 2.1 files on your Hard Drive so that they look like this:
    C: /pixi

Then put your Pixi into recovery moe, then do make install. A litte forewarning: Your profile may be corrupt, causing you do to doctor back to 1.4.5, then delete the backup info, which deletes everything from your profile except for the apps you have purchased. Also: There is this thing called the swap file. It takes a WHOLE lot of knowledge about terminal and getting to the right directory. Good Luck
    My Pixi *Plus* can handle the "new features" of WebOS 2

Your 2.1 Pixi is only 15 minutes away: http://nuttybunny.wordpress.com/2011...pixi-plus-gsm/
  12.    #12  
    I put the files on the hard drive and done what you said but when I type make install it keeps saying (make: ***No rule to make target "install" .Stop)
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aligring View Post
    I put the files on the hard drive and done what you said but when I type make install it keeps saying (make: ***No rule to make target "install" .Stop)
    Ok try this.
    1. Go to windows explorer and move your files to C:\cygwin\home\Username
    2. Open up cygwin window and you should see something like username@user-laptop
    3. type ls and you should see all of the files that you moved in step 1
    4. then try to do make install and see if you get the message again.
  14.    #14  
    Wow, something different happened but now I am getting a error 2 message. It says how this could erase everything from your phone ect. then at the bottom it says ERROR 2.
  15.    #15  
    Ok I tried something different, I went into C:\cygwin\home\Username and added a folder called downloads and placed only the webOSDoctor in the folder and left the other files were they were. Then tried the make install and it seemed to work at first, It got to the part that says "the fun is about to begin erasing all your partitions" and it just stopped and there is a ERROR 2 message.
    That is what happened to me 2 times on my pixi and my buddys but when error 2 came i unplugged my phone booted it up and 2.1 was on my pixi try doing that.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by 74sickness View Post
    That is what happened to me 2 times on my pixi and my buddys but when error 2 came i unplugged my phone booted it up and 2.1 was on my pixi try doing that.
    I wish this would have worked but it didn't.
  18.    #18  
    Here is a link to a photo that shows what it says- cywinerror2.jpg picture by aligring - Photobucket
    palmlover123 will let you know what to do next mine worked from there so i cant point you in the right direction.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Install the webos sdk if you have not already. Reboot your computer and try again.
    palmuser77 likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast