Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #21  
    Ok it said that it finished but at the end it still has a error 2. So I retest my Pixi and now it has the HP logo on the start up. But it looks like it WORKED!!!!!! WOW! HP WEBOS 2.1.0 nice. After 20 hours of uninstalling and re-installing, and with the Help of you guys. wow, Thanks so much guys for helping out, I'm so glad it finally worked. All that needed to be done is re-boot my computer and it worked. Thanks again guys. I'll try to make a step by step tutorial on what was done so if there are others out there having the same problem then maybe it will help them. But first I have to take a nap, Once again thanks guys.
    See same thing for you error 2 and you unplugged it and it worked haha congratz man enjoy it, its awesome
  3.    #23  
    The Dr. Skipped Firstuse app, wont allow me to create a New profile. Im not using the phone with service but mainly for wifi. Is there anyway around this? On 1.4.5 there was a Firstuse app and another app that allowed you to use the firstuse app and create a profile. Is there one for 2.1?
    What you have to do is make a new one then install preware then download impostah and log into your old profile from impostah. We all had the same problem.
  5.    #25  
    How do I create a new one though?
    Are you using this with wireless usage or just wifi?
  7.    #27  
    just wifi.
    Oh cant help you with that im using mine for day to day so i dont know what to do from there i think there is a way to install preware and install patches from webos QuickInstall but im not sure ask palmlover123 hes the pro here.
  9.    #29  
    ok. well I have Preware and Impostah installed as well as Quickinstall on my computer.
    so are you logged into your profile or not cause if your not and you have your phone connected to webOS QI im pretty sure you can install one of those bypass patches.
  11.    #31  
    No I can't log in or create a new profile. Do you know the name of the patches?
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I think you can just log in to your old profile or create a new one from impostah.
  13.    #33  
    woops I think I just delete Mr.Skipped.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    You could also try to erase apps and data from device menu. Try to create a new profile again. You may have to do erase apps and data a couple of times.
  15.    #35  
    Still not able to create new profile.
    install bypass activation i think thats what its called.
    Install Impostah. Speed wise, install Govnah, crank up the compache to 128 MB( You can do this, but *if* you want to do the swap thing, I had trouble with it, and with your little knowledge about the terminal, I think compache is good for you). Also change the TCP Congestion thing to westwood and the other one to anticipatory. Most of the 2.1 patches should work, if it doesn't email the dev. Also put the governor thing as performance. It's slow when you have music playing and you are trying to browse the web.
    My Pixi *Plus* can handle the "new features" of WebOS 2

Your 2.1 Pixi is only 15 minutes away: http://nuttybunny.wordpress.com/2011...pixi-plus-gsm/
    Quote Originally Posted by jkdj2010 View Post
    You could also try to erase apps and data from device menu. Try to create a new profile again. You may have to do erase apps and data a couple of times.
    Yep, do this. It worked for me in the past.

Your 2.1 Pixi is only 15 minutes away: http://nuttybunny.wordpress.com/2011...pixi-plus-gsm/
  19.    #39  
    I tried to erase apps and data about 3 times and nothing happened that allowed me to create a new profile. So then I installed Impostah and Govnah and changed TCP Congestion to westwood, and I/o schedular to anticipatory, and the CPU Frequency to Performance. And the Compcache memlimit to 128mb. But I am still unable to create a New Profile, The Dr. Skipped FirstUse app doesn't work.
    Quote Originally Posted by aligring View Post
    I tried to erase apps and data about 3 times and nothing happened that allowed me to create a new profile. So then I installed Impostah and Govnah and changed TCP Congestion to westwood, and I/o schedular to anticipatory, and the CPU Frequency to Performance. And the Compcache memlimit to 128mb. But I am still unable to create a New Profile, The Dr. Skipped FirstUse app doesn't work.
    Are you using a CMDA Pixi? That means that your Pixi is on Verzion or Sprint. If so, it is still untested, but it works. And I guess you will have to live with just bypassing activation and then just relogin via Impostah, then reboot. And Huh? When you do that, it allows you to either sign in or create and new profile...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12