1.    #1  
    My wife has a pixi plus and I have a pre plus and I have been patching and tweaking both phones for over a year and really have had no problems.
    The Pixi has uberkernel overclocked to 720 on 1.4.5 and until two days ago never a problem.
    I have learned on my own that maybe it is in recovery mode, large USB on screen, the problem is that we didnt do it. It is stuck there, it will not charge, it will not leave this screen, no matter how many times I try different batteries or plug in to pc all I get is this symbol.
    My pc sees it as a palm but doesnt recognize anything on it or that it is even a pixi.
    This phone has never given any indication that anything was wrong ever.
    If anyone has a clue of what is going on or how to get it out of this mode, Is it even possible?
    thanks in advance
    me the tree
    Me the Tree
    have you tried doctoring it?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    have you tried doctoring it?
    I have not tried anything, because it will not do anything. Can i doctor it without being able to access it?

OK, I tried doctor and for a while I thought it was gonna work. About twenty minutes then doctor was finished, during download the USB symbol went away and it showed the arrow on a chip, but after right back to USB?
    Last edited by treeman; 08/24/2011 at 10:47 AM. Reason: I tried the doctor after being asked if I had.
    Me the Tree
    The USB icon appears when the Pixi goes into recovery mode. The Pixi is put into recovery mode by plugging a USB cable into it while holding the Volume Up button down. Maybe check your Volume Up button to see if it appears to be stuck or something.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
  5.    #5  
    Since my doctoring didnt fix the problem, How hard is it to replace screen? I have another pixi plus that works, it has a broken screen, could i swap good screen to good phone ?
    Me the Tree
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Syndil View Post
    The USB icon appears when the Pixi goes into recovery mode. The Pixi is put into recovery mode by plugging a USB cable into it while holding the Volume Up button down. Maybe check your Volume Up button to see if it appears to be stuck or something.
    yeah I checked that too, they seem to be fine...
    Me the Tree
  7.    #7  
    OK, thanks again to everyone for advice, I have been reading several threads this morning, trying to determine why my pre + 2.1.0 has been hanging in headset mode occasionally, with a couple of the threads mentioning compressed air and Syndil mentioning volume buttons, I have now managed to get phone outta recovery mode with a brand new doctored version of 1.4.5.....

That is why this site is great and I plan on staying for a while. Thanks Pre Central
    Me the Tree
    So what was the problem? Dust stuck some place it shouldn't have been?
    Touchscreens are a fad.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Syndil View Post
    So what was the problem? Dust stuck some place it shouldn't have been?
    yes I am guessing that it was, thanks for an idea