1.    #1  
    Perhaps you all remember when you had a Landline (Phone with Answering machine), you used to set your Phone normally Rings 4 times before your Answering machine picks up.

Is their a way to setup Number of Rings before it goes into your Voicemail???
    I have Palm Pixi, with PagePlus service provider (it uses VZ Network).
    Customer Rep told me to check manual, but manual does not indicate anything about it.

Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by jjdave View Post
    Perhaps you all remember when you had a Landline (Phone with Answering machine), you used to set your Phone normally Rings 4 times before your Answering machine picks up.

Is their a way to setup Number of Rings before it goes into your Voicemail???
    I have Palm Pixi, with PagePlus service provider (it uses VZ Network).
    Customer Rep told me to check manual, but manual does not indicate anything about it.

Thank you.
    The typical way that voicemail works is after a set amount of seconds, the call will forward to voicemail. You can't adjust the number of rings but you can adjust the number of seconds. Google what hash code Verizon uses to adjust this. I did something similar on my AT&T Pixi to forward my calls to my Google Voice number after a certain amount of seconds, and then setting Google Voice to just go straight to voicemail.
  3.    #3  
    Thank you Bassman97 for pointing me in the right direction.

Just to follow up, once I find Verizon Hash Code (Ring Phone For XX Seconds), where would I go (into Palm Pixi) to set it, so it goes after ringing XX seconds it goes to Voicemail?

Once again, thank you.
    Once you find the code, just type it into the dialer. There will most likely be tutorials on how to do it too (this is all platform independent).
  5.    #5  
    Thank you Bassman97, now I need to do the work.

In my Palm Pixi contact list (at the bottom), I do see some pre-installed VZ Hash numbers for #411, #BAL, #DATA, etc. My guess is I can add more here...

I am finding good info by Googling 'verizon ringer hash codes'. Just need to go through it.

Once again, thank you.
    I once called Verizon and asked them about it. The rep was able to change it on her end from 15 to 30 seconds. What a difference that made.

That was several years ago, though.
    Did some Googling. The amount of time it takes before an incoming call goes to voicemail is controlled by the carrier network, not by the phone itself. With certain devices you could type in some codes on your phone and change that setting, but that does not appear to be the case with Verizon. With them, you have to call CS.

However, it also appears that Verizon will not be able to change this for you. I found several threads similar to this one:

ringtimes to voicemail

Thank you for contacting Verizon Wireless through our website. I am sorry
    for the inconvenience you are experiencing with adjusting the amount of
    seconds it takes for your calls to go to voicemail. My name is [*******],
    and I am happy to assist you today.

[******], I checked your area. Unfortunately, as odd as it may seem with our
    advanced network, this is not something we are able to adjust for you. There
    are only a few places left in the United States that have the type of switch
    that supports changes to your ringtimes. Unless you have a phone based out
    of Albuquerque, Boise, El Paso, Hawaii, Portland, Salt Lake City, or
    Spokane, the ringtimes are not adjustable.

This recent change was done in an effort to better upgrade our networks and
    was not meant to inconvenience you. I hope that this does not discourage you
    from continuing service with Verizon Wireless, home of the largest, most
    advanced, nationwide wireless network.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Wow, that's somewhat disappointing. I'll have to ask my friend at VZW if this is truly the case (especially since on their end they can control forwarding of calls and texts), as I've been contemplating switching due to how terrible AT&T is. Though when I was researching this for myself, I could have sworn I saw instructions for VZW, but I guess they may have been old.
  9.    #9  
    Hi all,
    Just to mention I have Palm Pixi Plus (VZ) phone, however, I am using Page Plus as my Carrier which is cheaper and they use VZW network.

I contacted Page Plus service rep and they told me they can not do it from their end.
    I contacted VZ and they said my phone number does not exist in their network.

And I can not find Hash Code for Ringer Time (even if I did, it would goto VZ, which does not recognize me as their customer since I am with Page Plus).

So I guess I think I am at dead end on this one.

Must say, thank you all for your response.