Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    I was wondering if anyone has done this already or if I am just crazy

I don't like the charging flap and how it stretches over time due to its design. I would rather just not use a back cover at all in order to have my phone even thinner and easier to charge.

I know it would be really simple to take the back cover off and simply use it like that but... I was wondering if dust would get under the screen and ruin the phone if I didn't have a back cover on it?

Thanks for your help/insight
    And the battery would fall out, and all kinds of stuff would get into your phone. Moisture would especially be a problem.

Not a good idea - the touchstone is a better option.
    The Pixi isn't very comfortable to use without the cover, but whatever floats your boat.
    Going without a cover is asking for all kinds of trouble. Less extreme would be just cutting off the flap. A touchstone and cover can probably be had for under $20 on eBay if you want to go that route.
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    I just removed the battery flap on my regular and touchstone back covers with a razor. USB is very easy to use now.
    Palm III -> Treo 90 -> Treo 650 -> Motorola Q -> Treo 755p -> Pixi -> Sprint FrankenPixi+ -> Blackberry Bold 9930
    There's a USB port on my Pixi? j/k... But seriously, get a Touchstone.
    Touchscreens are a fad.