1.    #1  
    My Pixi's touchscreen stopped working yesterday and I've followed all the instructions on soft restart, hard restart, and gone so far as to use WebOS Doctor.

The Doctor ran and I'm back at the "select language" screen, but the touchscreen still isn't working.

Is there any way to select the language and navigate through programs just using the keys?
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    I'd like to know this as my digitizer also just stopped working. It is quite annoying that there is no "D" button functionality to help through it. In my case, I had a Sprint Pixi and I took the opportunity to add wifi and working screen from a Verizon Pixi+.
    Palm III -> Treo 90 -> Treo 650 -> Motorola Q -> Treo 755p -> Pixi -> Sprint FrankenPixi+ -> Blackberry Bold 9930
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    That is strange because I had this happen to me litterally 3 hours ago as well!

Touchscreen / Gesture area wouldn't pick up anything. Hardware buttons (power and mute) still worked but couldn't do anything without the touchscreen.

Did the battery pull as well as the "hold power button while turning mute switch on and off" in order to reset the phone multiple times but nothing worked.

Called up ATT and they said I could go to one of their warranty centers in order to get a replacement. I was in and out of there in 10 minutes
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    After resetting the only thing I was able to do was "just type" and bring up terminal. From there I was able to save my PalmDatabase.db3 and PalmAccountDatabase.db3 for contacts (since I don't backup palm profile), SMS messages and call logs.
    Palm III -> Treo 90 -> Treo 650 -> Motorola Q -> Treo 755p -> Pixi -> Sprint FrankenPixi+ -> Blackberry Bold 9930
  5. Bo
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    I cracked my Pixi screen this past weekend and am awaiting my new order from amazon so I can use it to switch out the screen and digitizer. I saw an illustration on how to do it in one of the threads.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bo View Post
    I cracked my Pixi screen this past weekend and am awaiting my new order from amazon so I can use it to switch out the screen and digitizer. I saw an illustration on how to do it in one of the threads.
    What item did you purchase on Amazon to get a new digitizer? Wife's just broke.
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    Just buy a new one it's 40 bucks online free shipping..
    This just happened with my wife's pixi- also. Just bought a new Pixi plus on sprint!! on ebay. Im stoked to check out the pixi with wifi and freetether.
    I should be able to restore her contacts and messaging with the db files, right?
    do i do this right after i sign into her pixi profile?
    Will i be able to use sprint nav with the new pixi with plus comboard?
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mc_gusto View Post
    This just happened with my wife's pixi- also. Just bought a new Pixi plus on sprint!! on ebay. Im stoked to check out the pixi with wifi and freetether.
    I should be able to restore her contacts and messaging with the db files, right?
    do i do this right after i sign into her pixi profile?
    Will i be able to use sprint nav with the new pixi with plus comboard?
    If you do palm profile backups ( I did not), the contacts will be automatically saved and any others you get via over the air will come once you sign into those accounts.

Text messages are not as easy as that.

Restoring the contacts or text messages via the db files correctly requires editing the new db files after signing into the pal profile. The things that got me were the date for calendar was off by hours, and old text message threads were not correctly linked to the contacts.

The whole gory details are here
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ng-phones.html

There are 15 pages and I'd suggest going through it all because I skipped to the meat of the thread and found out later the OP does not have the problems that people faced deeper in the thread as I've mentioned above like the calendar.
    Touchscreen of my 1 day old Pixi also stopped working. Bad news is I'm not in US - so can't go for a replacement.
    Anyone found a cheap source for the digitizer or LCD +digitizer?
    Quote Originally Posted by ssr-grl View Post
    My Pixi's touchscreen stopped working yesterday and I've followed all the instructions on soft restart, hard restart, and gone so far as to use WebOS Doctor.

The Doctor ran and I'm back at the "select language" screen, but the touchscreen still isn't working.

Is there any way to select the language and navigate through programs just using the keys?
    Switch on your Pixi, keep the screen on, Hold it against a CRT/Tube TV, switch on the TV, and turn it off. The static from the TV will activate the touch screen.

Source: Worked for me, and a couple other people:

Switch on your Pixi, keep the screen on, Hold it against a CRT/Tube TV, switch on the TV, and turn it off. The static from the TV will activate the touch screen.

Source: Worked for me, and a couple other people:

uaddit.com / discussions / showthread . php ? t=13110

All The best!
    Quote Originally Posted by neoritz View Post
    My pixi's touchscreen just suffered sudden touch death as well. I had given up, transfrred the SIM to an old Blackberry then came upon this thread. I can't believe it but this worked! Thanks!!!
    pls. reply me how to open my palm pixi plus. its stopped working fm 28/7/2013
    Quote Originally Posted by hiteshbhatt09 View Post
    pls. reply me how to open my palm pixi plus. its stopped working fm 28/7/2013
    Hi hiteshbhatt09,

First... Did you read this thread and try any of the solutions?