1.    #1  
    I want to be able to let my iPod touch use the data connection from my Sprint Palm Pixi.Is this even possible?? I don't have a pixi plus so that means no wi-fi and stupid WebOS 1.4.5 (boooo!!). I downloaded FreeTether but I'm not having much luck with it, unless I'm doing something wrong. If this is possible how can I do this??
  2. Bo
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    I don't believe the sprint pixi has a wifi antenna. I think they added the antenna when they made the pixi plus for VZW. I have the plus and mobile hotspot works fine...slow...but works.

EDIT...

if you like the pixi and want to be able to use the wifi feature, there are threads on this site that tell you how to swap the comm board from a sprint pixi to a verizon pixi plus and activate that. You can find verizon pixi plus' around the web for less than $60 off contract. If you want one you can probably return, i'd get it from Amazon.
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    That is exactly what I did. Swapped the comm board and now I use free tether as a wifi hotspot. I don't know if the ipod touch suports it, but freetether works over bluetooth as well. I've used that with my mac notebook before.
    Palm III -> Treo 90 -> Treo 650 -> Motorola Q -> Treo 755p -> Pixi -> Sprint FrankenPixi+ -> Blackberry Bold 9930
    Quote Originally Posted by yodude View Post
    I want to be able to let my iPod touch use the data connection from my Sprint Palm Pixi.Is this even possible?? I don't have a pixi plus so that means no wi-fi and stupid WebOS 1.4.5 (boooo!!). I downloaded FreeTether but I'm not having much luck with it, unless I'm doing something wrong. If this is possible how can I do this??
    This is complicated, but it worked for me. You can connect your Pixi over bluetooth (freetether) to your computer, then go to your sharing prefrences, and you can share your bluetooth internet connection over wifi. then just hook your ipod up to the wifi connection, and you have full internet. (note: I did this on a mac, not tested on pc's... PM me if you have q's)
  5. Bo
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    I just broke the screen on my Pixi plus, but picked up two on amazon for $39 each. One to use for parts and the other to be used as a spare. I found an old post that shows you how to replace the screen and digitizer. Don't fell like activating a new phone and having to transfer all of my PIM information all over again.