Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    I still haven't decided on a phone for her. The Pixie Plus is free now on AT&T. Is this a sturdy phone?
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    Also, did the Pixi ever get that 3d gaming upgrade that I remember everyone talking about a while back?
    The Pixi Plus is a solid phone, but if you're on AT&T, you should probably get her the Veer. It's free on contract from Best Buy, and it's 1 cent on Amazon.

The screen is the same size as the Pixi, and your daughter get's to enjoy webOS on newer & faster hardware.
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    Oh, that is good to know. If you get it from Best Buy, it's still AT&T? As an existing AT&T customer, would I still be able to use it on her upgrade, no deposits, etc?
    Yeah, you'll still be able to get your upgrade as an existing AT&T customer. When I use my upgrades I get my phones from Best Buy. I'm on Sprint, but it's the same for all carriers. Once you give them your phone #, they can see your account info & know you're eligible for the upgrade.

They also give instant rebates instead of the usual mail in ones, which is why they offer the Veer for free.
    Or if you want to forgo using an upgrade, you can easily find a Palm Pixi on sale for only 50 dollars off contract on sites like eBay. That's where I bought mine. It's a much more better idea because then you can use your upgrade for something else that costs a lot more off contract.
    I agree with the veer if you want the newest webos offering. If you are just looking for a pixi I would say to follow myevilclone's idea of ebay because the pixi really isn't worth the use of an upgrade. The pixi has a better keyboard but the veer is better in every other way.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    +1 for no upgrade pixi if that's the route you choose. It's a great phone and very durable.
    Quote Originally Posted by myevilclone View Post
    Or if you want to forgo using an upgrade, you can easily find a Palm Pixi on sale for only 50 dollars off contract on sites like eBay. That's where I bought mine. It's a much more better idea because then you can use your upgrade for something else that costs a lot more off contract.
    Those are Verizon Pixis, not GSM Pixis.
    my vote is for the veer